“Frequent Stay Guest”

Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I live in the town of Mount Pleasant. It is a popular thing to stay at any of the Eagle hotels just for the fun of it. If you stay often, a frequent stay rate will appear in your email. I have spent many nights for under $70. My family loves it here. We don't always use the waterpark passes, and you can get a discount if you don't need them. You can still use the regular pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and gym. The jacuzzi is not strong enough or hot enough. The sauna is wonderful when it is working. The steam room heats up quickly. While there are adult hours for the pool, i could not get in one evening due to children invading every corner of the room, I mean over a dozen loud, screaming, diving kids. The guard did nothing. I came back in an hour, and she finally asked the kids to leave. There were even MORE at that point. I love the rooms, they are clean and nice. But only one bar of soap and one washcloth with 2 queen beds? We always have to ask for more. Their wifi is painfully slow, and they know it, and they won't do anything about it. You will need to use your hotspot. Ask for the third floor, it helps. The Green Suites is not nearly as nice, but I can save $20 or so dollars esp. on the weekends. No Kleenex at Green Suites, lots of drunken neighbors, and every room is adjoining (noisy!)... but the dual-headed showers are a dream. Private entrance. I do love the Waterpark overall and will keep coming back. Rooms are newer and don't stink of smoke, good for non-smokers.

Room Tip: Request upstairs, south-side to get the best Wifi reception (it is still bad though). Get a room tow...
2  Thank LilMissGamer

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We truly have enjoyed each of our family trips to the Water Park. The staff in the water park, the staff around the hotel and during the special children events were always wonderful.
The restaurant was not the best but for a Sunday morning brunch it was fine.

Room Tip: Try to book a higher level room and a mid level suite.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan L
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Upon arrival there was a crazy long line out the door just to check into the hotel room. They only had three representatives checking people in with two other computers going unused. After standing in line for 45 minutes to check in, we asked why the line was so long, we were simply told "I don't know I guess everyone just showed up at the same time". They didn't even offer an apology for the extreme wait.

The room was simply an average hotel room with two queen beds and TV, refrigerator, microwave, etc. Unfortunately only two bath towels were in the bathroom at arrival. When we called the front desk to request additional towels, we were told that we could only have four towels as there were only four people staying in the room. With two adult women and two teenage girls all with long hair staying in the room, that was quite upsetting to hear. So much for the "comfort of home". As if we were going to steal the towels from the hotel room 5 minutes after checking in. After being in the room for about an hour we started to hear a faint but noticeable screeching noise. Several minutes later we realized that it was the refrigerator that was making the noise. Upon unplugging it from the wall the noise stopped. We called the front desk to report the issue and they sent someone to inspect it. The only thing the person did when they came to inspect it was asked if we had unplugged it and plugged it back in to see if that helped. We had and informed him of such. The screeching resumed several minutes after being plugged back in. The actions offered were to either have a maintenance person come in at 7 AM to replace the fridge or simply have extra ice buckets to keep our items cold. Checking out the next day at 11am, we saw no point in having to be disturbed at 7am as we knew that we would be out late that evening.

The facility is plastered with signs stating that it is a non-smoking environment however they do nothing to keep patrons from smoking right outside the front doors, in fact they see no problem with it. They even provide ash trays. In order to enter the hotel through the main entrance you literally have to walk through a cloud of cigarette smoke from all the people standing outside smoking. When we returned to her room after 10 PM the hallway was clouded with cigarette smoke even though the rooms are all non-smoking and this is a family friendly hotel with lots a young kids around. To make matters worse, a couple hours later when we opened our door to exit our room into the hallway again, the hallway reeked of marijuana smoke. I believe we were one of very few rooms that did not have young children in it and therefore we found it very disturbing that parents felt the need to smoke marijuana in the hotel room that their children were sleeping in. Earlier in the day, while moving my vehicle and looking to back out of the parking spot I witnessed two people openly passing a marijuana cigarette back-and-forth while sitting in their vehicle.

The walls were very paper thin. Conversations and noises from neighboring rooms could easily be heard and could be distracting or disturbing. I certainly would not recommend this hotel to parents traveling with very young children as they may easily be disturbed from nap-time or bedtime by distractions and disturbances caused by neighboring rooms.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay with our two children 9 & 6. The staff was very friendly the front desk was very accommodating. The price could not be beat. Yes its not the biggest Water park but for our needs and budget it was perfect. The beds where a little to firm for my taste but not to bad. The restaurant was ok nothing to write home about. It was a little pricey and during the dinner rush they just let the phone ring and ring. I can imagine the folks on the other line where a bit upset.
We will be visiting again shortly!

1  Thank 834amanda18
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Lifeguards were rude. I feel that the waterpark was not very clean. I don't know how many times I had to walk around wet garbage on the floor. They told my 6 year old son he was too short to go down water slide for he was too short. I saw children smaller than him going down the slides.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We've been to several Michigan Waterpark resorts and this was the best value for the dollar. Waterpark was smaller than GWL but offered two different attractions (the flow rider and the climbing wall over water) than at any other resort, which is where our sons, aged 9 and 12, spent the majority of their time. The Lazy River was better than GWL because I didn't scrape my feet like I did at GWL. The beds were very comfy and the bathrooms/changing rooms were spacious, clean, and plentiful. We did not try the food because the restaurant seemed overpriced but the little cafe attached to the waterpark seemed to have the typical fare that we may try another time. The only down side was that the fridge in the room was turned way down and all of the food we brought for breakfast was frozen and we had to throw it away. We will come back though. Life guards were fun offering suggestions for my boys in the flow rider. We loved the fun music in the waterpark. It gave it a party type feel.

1  Thank KristinW456
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We took two kids 9 n 12 there and had fun. Not as many slides as I thought but we had a good time anyways. They likes the flow rider. It was cool. And steam room was neat. I will go back. We had the Mexican buffet which was convenient but very average. The kids liked the small arcade too and the fire outside

Room Tip: Rooms with a patio would be fun