“Perfect place for a lunch date.”

The Brass Cafe and Saloon
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect place for a lunch date.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

First of all I really enjoyed the elegance and history inside the building. When I first walked in I felt like I was somewhere else in time and the atmosphere was inviting. Quiet and the lights were dimmed with candles lit on tables. I really enjoyed the opportunity to go on a date with my husband, we don't get to do that often and we had a great conversation over lunch. The meal was great as well, I had the salmon salad and I will be coming back for that. We split a turkey crescent and the crescent was the best I've ever tasted. I asked the waitress where they came from and was pleased to hear they were from a local bakery. I've thought of The Brass the last few days as well. A great place to connect, get away and enjoy company over great food. The price was not overly shocking. Competitive with other area restaurants.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michiganbeauty

Mt Pleasant
“Too many burnt offerings”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

While my sandwich at lunch was good, another purchased by my lunch partner was served on A burnt, rather than grilled, bun. Wait staff simply ignored this and made no offer to right the situation. This has happened to us before with take-out orders. I think we have finally learned our lesson.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank kluvsd
Mount Pleasant
“Top 4 restaurant in MP, great food, best fine dining option”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

It offers 2 different menus: an expensive one then average one. Both are great food options. It has a bar and dining area which are separate from each other. I hear this is a Cmu professor's hang out spot. This is where locals go too, downtown Mount Pleasant. I had the fish and chips which was like $8, and it was filling. The fish was great, the fries were okay. Everything on the expensive menu was $18-30 per meal. I didn't know what any of it was so I didn't order it. But I have heard nothing but good from the 3.5 years I went to school here about Brass cafe. I would say this is the best place to have a formal dinner

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Robertstj
Alma, Michigan
“Always excellent with a personal touch!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We have been happy patrons of The Brass for many years as it is easily the standout restaurant in our area. The food is consistently excellent, and the owner always visits each table at dinner to ensure that customers are satisfied. Local ingredients are nicely integrated, seasonal changes are honored, and customer favorites are always available. The lemon risotto parmesan balls are a splendid appetizer choice, and the seafood is never disappointing. On Valentine's Day, the upper level was open (it's usually reserved for private parties), and provided a romantic ambience; that evening, I ordered the Barramundi, which was superbly done--almond crusted, and served with house-pickled fennel and avocado. We've never been wowed by the desserts, but the appetizers and entrees are always terrific. The lunch menu is also excellent; I particularly like the tilapia sandwich and sweet potato fries!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank JoMich
Alma, Michigan
“Easily the best restaurant in Mt. Pleasant”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I have been going to the Brass for more than a decade now and we love it. It's really the only good restaurant in Mt. Pleasant to go for a nice meal or to take visitors. The atmosphere is usually quiet, the service is attentive and the food is good. I have to admit that I haven't loved everything I've ever ordered but the cook takes chances with unusual dishes that you don't normally find in small town restaurants. It's nice to have a choice of something beyond steaks and pasta. The lamb is particularly good and the quail appetizer is amazing. Even their coffee is good. Perhaps my only complaint is the way they dole out bread as if it's a rare commodity. The waitress comes by once a meal with a basket and carefully places ONE piece of bread on your plate. There will be no more unless you make a point of asking. I just don't really get that. Beyond that it's always a great experience.

• Visited February 2014