“Comfortable, Clean, and Safe!”
Review of Chippewa Motel

Chippewa Motel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Clio
“Comfortable, Clean, and Safe!”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We are long time patrons and have always been treated great. The management has been helpful whenever needed. The ammenities of refrigerator, microwave. and coffee maker are handy for a late night snack. The beds are very comfortable and we enjoyed the showers A Security camera for late arrivals, makes my wife feel safe when traveling alone. The friendlyness of the staff has always been nice to come back to.
I would recommend the Chippewa for the convienience of location and the hard working crew that run it. Restuarants are within walking distants.
KB/JB

Room Tip: Bath tubs are available in some rooms if needed, just ask.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kevin B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Horrible. Depressing. Disgusting. Do not stay at this motel. I understand the concept of budget motels. I sometimes stay in budget motels. However, this place makes Motel 6 seem like the Plaza. The room smelled and felt moldy. I don't even want to describe what the carpet felt like. The shower stall was smaller than a phone booth. Barely enough side room to raise your arms to wash your hair. The place really reminded me of a 1950's trailer court. The only way I would recommend staying here was if you were out of gas, had no way to drive somewhere else, and your only option was to sleep outside under a bush. Spending the night in my car would have been a step up. Oh, and I DID see a small wiggling bug on the bedspread. Yech !!

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Catlover4884

Travellers are raving about these Mount Pleasant hotels

Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Chippewa Motel is great. It's very inexpensive compared to other hotels in Mount Pleasant, close to the casino, and lots of space in the room for being a motel. The rooms here are cheap so you can save your money for the short drive to the casino. I actually stayed in this motel for my last semester at Central Michigan University because I only needed to be at school two days a week. So i got a motel room and was a lot cheaper than getting an apartment for the entire year. But the room is great, you get more value staying at this kind of motel for the price they offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road, there is a little bit of noise from cars in the room closest to t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Kevin W
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The rooms were very clean. The price was lot less compare to surrounding hotels. Breakfast could have been little better.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Robert D
Garden City, Michigan
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Recently made our second visit to the Chippewa Motel in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. It is located just off an exit from US127 and it is less than a mile from the Soaring Eagle Casino - our destination.

Check-in about 6pm was smooth. Our room rate was <50. The room was clean and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and the heat worked just fine on a cold evening. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave. We didn't use the wi-fi on this visit but we did on our previous visit and it worked fine. I didn't watch much tv but I did scroll through the channels and there was a bunch of them.

My wife and I love trying out small independent motels when we hit the road. Since this was our second visit you know we liked the first visit. And the next time we hit Soaring Eagle will be our third visit to the Chippewa Motel.

Oldpuck

Room Tip: I will just add a note here that I saw a sign in the lobby that pets were allowed for a $10 fee. You...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank oldpuck
Mears, Michigan
Reviewed 24 November 2011

This motel was very clean and had reasonable price. the staff was welcoming and very courteous. Being about a mile from the casino was a plus. I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carlos M
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Not sure why this motel is being dissed so much by other reviewers. Snobbism? Racism? I noticed at least a couple of disgruntled people claimed they were overcharged during a holiday or special event, even though the website clearly states they have higher rates during those times. Anyway, moving on...

The man at the front desk couldn't have been nicer when I dropped in, and by the way, his English was better than mine, just slightly accented. If people are so confounded by accents they really need to get out more. When I asked to see the room beforehand, he cordially showed it to me and when I thanked him, he told me he wished everybody would ask to see the room first.

Is this motel the Ritz? No. Is it quirky? Decidedly so. It's also clean and comfortable and has everything you could possibly need and nothing you don't, such as cheap wall art. Most importantly, the bed was unbelievably comfy such that I've never experienced in ANY hotel before, fancy or no. The icing on the cake: the price was very fair for the non-special event night that I stayed.

Just ignore that reviewer who made the bedbugs claim; that was an ignorant childish thing to say, especially with no anecdote to back it up. Sorta like saying EW COOTIES!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo