“Perfect Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chippewa Motel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Chippewa Motel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

The stay was pretty good, and I would recommend it.Check in was quick and the room was excellent. I am extremely happy with my stay at this place. Very good and spacious rooms with all the amenities. The tariff is reasonable. Best Deals for long stay. Located very near to Soaring Eagle Casino. Over all it is good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank shashankssss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

This motel is clean, micro/frig in every rooms. Wireless internet is very fast.TV has a lot of channels.Daily and weekly rates are reasonable.
Location is very close to casino. The staff is very helpful.Whenever I go to Mt. Pleasant,
I always stay at Chippewa Motel.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank volkanayla
Clio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We are long time patrons and have always been treated great. The management has been helpful whenever needed. The ammenities of refrigerator, microwave. and coffee maker are handy for a late night snack. The beds are very comfortable and we enjoyed the showers A Security camera for late arrivals, makes my wife feel safe when traveling alone. The friendlyness of the staff has always been nice to come back to.
I would recommend the Chippewa for the convienience of location and the hard working crew that run it. Restuarants are within walking distants.
KB/JB

Room Tip: Bath tubs are available in some rooms if needed, just ask.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kevin B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Horrible. Depressing. Disgusting. Do not stay at this motel. I understand the concept of budget motels. I sometimes stay in budget motels. However, this place makes Motel 6 seem like the Plaza. The room smelled and felt moldy. I don't even want to describe what the carpet felt like. The shower stall was smaller than a phone booth. Barely enough side room to raise your arms to wash your hair. The place really reminded me of a 1950's trailer court. The only way I would recommend staying here was if you were out of gas, had no way to drive somewhere else, and your only option was to sleep outside under a bush. Spending the night in my car would have been a step up. Oh, and I DID see a small wiggling bug on the bedspread. Yech !!

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Catlover4884

Travellers are raving about these Mount Pleasant hotels

Grand Blanc, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Chippewa Motel is great. It's very inexpensive compared to other hotels in Mount Pleasant, close to the casino, and lots of space in the room for being a motel. The rooms here are cheap so you can save your money for the short drive to the casino. I actually stayed in this motel for my last semester at Central Michigan University because I only needed to be at school two days a week. So i got a motel room and was a lot cheaper than getting an apartment for the entire year. But the room is great, you get more value staying at this kind of motel for the price they offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road, there is a little bit of noise from cars in the room closest to t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Kevin W
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

The rooms were very clean. The price was lot less compare to surrounding hotels. Breakfast could have been little better.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Robert D
Garden City, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Recently made our second visit to the Chippewa Motel in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. It is located just off an exit from US127 and it is less than a mile from the Soaring Eagle Casino - our destination.

Check-in about 6pm was smooth. Our room rate was <50. The room was clean and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and the heat worked just fine on a cold evening. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave. We didn't use the wi-fi on this visit but we did on our previous visit and it worked fine. I didn't watch much tv but I did scroll through the channels and there was a bunch of them.

My wife and I love trying out small independent motels when we hit the road. Since this was our second visit you know we liked the first visit. And the next time we hit Soaring Eagle will be our third visit to the Chippewa Motel.

Oldpuck

Room Tip: I will just add a note here that I saw a sign in the lobby that pets were allowed for a $10 fee. You...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple