“feel like home..”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“feel like home..”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We have been staying at this motel for almost 10 years now. Once in spring and once in fall every year to go to the different events at Soaring Eagle casino. The staff has always been nice and caring. They know us by our name now. We come from California but Mt Pleasant is where we were born and raised so we have a deep attachment with the local community. The motel has been always clean and offer what we need at a very reasonable price compare to the surrounding big name hotels. See you in April Chippewa.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raul R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Michigan
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Made reservations 6 weeks ago. They didn't give me a confirmation number, so I asked for the name of the person I was speaking to. You guessed it, when I got there, there was no reservation, no person by that name that even worked there and the staff person said she was the only person that would EVER answer the phone. I know it was her spoke to on the phone because I had called twice to make the arrangements and recognized her accent. It looks and seems like a very questionable establishment. I'm cancelling my credit card because the whole thing was so odd - made me think it was a racket. It gives you the creeps just pulling in.

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank remaxrenee
Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Booked through Hotwire, so will Never do that again! This is a privately owed Motel, pictures online look better than what you get!! Rated 2 stars, should only be 1/2 or less!! First thing you see when you walk into the lobby, a sign that says NO REFUNDS! That alone says a lot!! I Know now why they have that sign, our room had mold in the bathroom, the toilet run nonstop, the shower head leaked, only cold running water in sink outside the bathroom, hole/damaged (water leak) wall near tub, burn marks on tub from cigarettes, very thin walls, could hear the traffic and people walking up the wooden stairs, didn't appear to have remodeled in 20(?) years would be my guess!, gold tub, old carpet, old t.v.s, very old/dirty air/heat just to mention a few things!! Breakfast consisted of OJ, coffee,bagel/cream cheese and box of packaged danishes, that's it!! The staff is also VERY RUDE!! We had booked for 2 nights, after the first night I was NOT going to stay another night!! I asked for a receipt stating I was leaving a day early, they told me no! I wasn't asking for a refund, booked through Hotwire, just needed proof I didn't stay the whole time. I had to call the police to get a receipt!! I did get my receipt thanks to the police, but shouldn't of had to call the police for a receipt!! Will NEVER stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Henhouse24
Grass Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 22 February 2013

In town for business and didn't want to spend big bucks on a bed for the night. Small motel with cheap prices for a weekly stay. The good: CLEAN, convenient location, caring staff, microwave, coffee pot, nice tv and hair dryer in room. The bad: thin walls, lots of road noise, small & drafty rooms. But hey, the price is great, the water hot and the plumbing works so it fits the bill for me.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Mt.pleasant
Reviewed 22 October 2012

i have stayed at chippewa a number of times and the staff have always treated me with respect the rooms are very clean and well kept it is in one of the best locations in mt pleasant and for the price it is convenient great place to stay!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The staff were excellent! They totally went out of their way to ensure my family was well cared for. Extra towels,directions, restaurant recommendations, you name, they were awesome! Convenient location to Dells attractions, and far enough from the strip not to have to worry about noise. I felt very safe.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Spent 2 nights at the Chippewa Motel and I truly enjoyed the stay. The room was very clean and the Manager/ staff was very nice and they invited me to come back again. I will Absolutely come back and stay again because of the warmth I felt and the room was CHEAPER than any other in the Mt Pleasant area..

Room Tip: They manager/staff are very nice and helpful in telling me about places to eat and go in the area..I...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo