“May Want to Reconsider Trip Until Construction Completed”

Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
leroy
“May Want to Reconsider Trip Until Construction Completed”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

On-going construction/update have decimated the play floor! A great majority of the play floor is absolutely empty! The remaining play floor machines are packed together like sardines! It is extremely difficult to manuver between aisles even for those without a walker or wheel chair. There were several inoperable machines (and I mean several) stored on the outside fringes of the left hand side of the empty play space (as you walk through the front doors.) Most of the video poker machines located along the right hand side of the floor are gone, as well as many of the other slot machines. Was told the casino is planning on expanding their table games. That's fine, but many of us casual casino visitors don't play table games. We will not be visiting Soaring Eagle Casino again anytime soon.

Room Tip: Non-smoking! Cleaner, newer, & obviously smell better.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
BrandonPorterfield, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Rychrlim-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. On behalf of the resort, I apologize that your expectations were not met on this trip. I have passed on your concerns about our gaming floor to our Guest Relations Manager for the Casino as we take these concerns very seriously. Personally, I cannot answer to exact specifics of what plans are for the Casino floor but I do know that they are in the midst of renovations to better enhance the experience for our players. I apologize that this process is taking longer than planned and that it effected your recent visit.

Despite these short comings, I would like to personally extend an invitation for you to come back and give our property another chance. If you happen to make it back to Mt. Pleasant to visit, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. You are also more than welcome to contact me if you would like to share any additional feedback, as I have included my contact information below. I look forward to assisting you in the future.

Warm Regards,
Brandon Porterfield
Hospitality Training Manager
Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort
989.775.0148
bporterfield@sagchip.org

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Tucumcari
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

We are not gamblers, but we took advantage of the winter special while in Mt. Pleasant to see our son. The room was clean and pleasant looking. When we return to our non-smoking room that evening, it reeked of cigarette smoke coming through the ventilation system. We also had the pleasure of hearing toilets flush, and talkative guests in the hallway all night long. We will not return.

Stayed February 2014
BrandonPorterfield, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear BlueSwallowMotel-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. On behalf of the resort, I apologize that your expectations were not met on this trip. It is totally unacceptable that you had to experience smoking through our ventilation system while staying in a non-smoking room. Being a non-smoker myself, I would most defintely share your sentiments. We are in the process of looking into ways that can help alleviate this concern. Regarding you being able to hear toilets being flushed, our Engineering team is working on the maintenance of this and replacing units as needed to make for quieter plumbing.

Despite these short comings, I would like to personally extend an invitation for you to come back and give our property another chance. If you happen to make it back to Mt. Pleasant to visit your son, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. You are also more than welcome to contact me if you would like to share any additional feedback, as I have included my contact information below. I look forward to assisting you in the future.

Warm Regards,
Brandon Porterfield
Hospitality Training Manager
Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort
989.775.0148
bporterfield@sagchip.org
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Had a super great deal with the stay and play! Wonderful meal at the higher end restaurant. Huge crab legs and queen cut prime rib was to die for! Room was really clean with nice decor, two nice big chairs to watch tv, bed was super comfy. They have times for just adults in the pool area, which was really nice not to have screaming kids! Outdoor hot tub is really cool! Wish they would have let us keep some of our money at the slots!! :)

Stayed January 2014
Ada, Michigan
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed at Soaring Eagle for the REO concert. Concert was great and the resort was fun. Our room was clean and the floor was quiet. Food in the resort was reasonably priced and the service was prompt and friendly. Beers are a little expensive but that's typical for a resort. The swimming pool and hot tubs were nice and not too busy. Two things worth mentioning: The casino is extremely smokey and as a result the common areas in the resort smell of smoke too. Also, we had an issue with lack of hot water for showers in the morning. Overall, the resort is nice and the staff are friendly. Also helps that we did alright gambling in the casino. We plan to go back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
White Lake, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Double Queen Standard room was very clean. It appeared they may have recently painted, added new carpet tot he room and bought new bedding. Hallways and elevator still look dated and could use new carpet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christine G
Michigan
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stay at the resort quite a bit. My husband loves to gamble and our young adult kids love it there to. So this year we decided to go there for New Year's Eve. I think the $360.00 per room per night with a two night minimum is ridiculous. I don't mind the 2 nights but come on...$360 per night? Yes it did come with.2 tickets to the New Year's party. But then we had to buy 3 more @ $50 each for appetizers which they kept running out of, huge long lines for the bars and food and over priced drinks. The Dj however was awesome. The "entertainment" for lack of a better word was horrible. They had cage dancers did nothing. The Freak show was just that. A group of talentless freaks. The jugglers and stilt walkers were good...but the others in the group were so tacky. One performer tried to be sexy and "strip"...she lost her balance twice and could not get her stockings off either foot. She kept grinding her crotch shooting out sparks of her belt over and over with a grinder. The gymnast/flexible man fell over a few times. The aerial artist did nothing but climb her ribbons and wave them around. No tricks. I am not sure where this group is from but flashy oufits, tons of make up and your stack of plastic totes on the stage leave a lot to be desired. My parents left 1/2 hour into the show. People were yelling for her to get off the stage! The performers would get done and stand up for applause and maybe 20% off the people would clap. For such a classy place top have a show like this is disappointing. It was unorganized right from lining up in the hall, to the food layout, to the entertainment. Even all 3 balloon drops failed. Pluses: you didn't have to be present to win the drawings, the DJ was awesome...kept the dance floor hoping all night. The dance for was huge so plenty of room to dance. most of food was pretty good even though some of it it was in short supply. Ice sculptures were gorgeous. I sure hope a new group of entertainers are hired next year! They were not worth $50. They should know when they have to ask for applause and they still don't get it, it is boring.

• Stayed December 2013
Michigan
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We use to like the buffet at this casino, but it has been remodeled since our last visit. It was more expensive, and choices were limited. The roast beef was so tough my husband couldn't get his fork in it. The fried chicken and fish were so so. The only vegetables offered was a red potato and green bean mixture. Salad bar was limited. We were extremely disappointed and will probably go outside the casino to eat again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple