“Total fun”

Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We had a really good time at the concert. This casino is huge and has lots of slot machines. The dining area was really clean and had lot of options for us. There is a separate area for kids to play and there were lot of help available to watch out children. This was the first time we went to soaring Eagle but we will definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank menotravino
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear menotravino,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself during one of our shows. Based on the timing of your review I’m assuming you attended the “Styx” concert. Kids quest is our child care provider on property, it is located between the hotel and casino. It is a great area for children, I’m jealous of the activities they have available for them. We are happy to hear you enjoyed yourself during your first visit with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Joshua Blake
Guest Relations Manager
Marketing Department
989-775-5258
jblake@sagchip.org

There are newer reviews for Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I will NEVER frequent this establishment ever again. There concert venue sucks! All they do is set out uncomfortable chairs. There are no platforms so everyone is on the same level. Then they allow people to stand up and block your view. When you complain they don't give a rip. extremely rude management. don't waste your money.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank millerabmm

Dear millerabmn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort. I would like to extend our apologies for not meeting your expectations. I have attended multiple shows here as well as at other venues and our chairs are bigger than most. In fact a lot of venues don’t offer chairs throughout their showroom. Our indoor concert venue is a 5 tiered showroom, I assure you that everyone is not on the same level. As with any concert venue, we encourage our guests to have fun while at our show. This does mean that they can and will stand in front of their seat that they have purchased. If they are being discourteous or standing anywhere except in front of their seat our Usher team will speak with them. I hope this has helped with all your concert related questions. If you would like further clarification on any concert related questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Joshua Blake
Guest Relations Manager
Marketing Department
989-775-5258
jblake@sagchip.org

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Spent a 3 day weekend taking in a Styx concert. The food at Isabellas is excellent. Not a big fan of buffets but it was adequate and plenty of choice if that is your thing. Concert venue for inside concerts is wide so ensure you have seats in middle if possible. Ours were perfect. All staff are friendly and pleasant especially bell boys and valet. Rooms are nice and pool, hot tub are excellent. Roomy warm and nice decor throughout hotel. Gambling area is undergoing a slight Reno nut otherwise full of new and interesting games. Will continue to visit. Only negative is that lineup gets long at players club on weekend

Room Tip: South tower is closer to casino
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canadakat

Dear canadakat-

Thank you so much for your comments and we greatly appreciate your time that you took to tell us about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay while attending the Styx concert and were able to experience some of what the property has to offfer. Being the Guest Service Training Manager, I am beyond ecstatic to hear that your interactions with our Bell Desk and Valet staff were pleasant. This is very important as a lot of times, these employees are the first impressions of our resort. You are correct by saying that our Casino does have some slight renovating going on, however gambling is not being interrupted as it is only being improved upon by new offerings and more space to walk throughout the gaming floor.

We are delighted that you are interested in returning to our property in the future for a weekend break, so please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay. Thanks again for your time in rating our property and we look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Mt. Pleasant.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My stay at the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort was average at best. The check in line was quite long - about a 30 minute wait; and we waited about 15 minutes for a valet to park our car. The room rate was overpriced for the amenities and service. The bathroom was fairly clean and the shower had good pressure. We slept in after staying up late on our first night and I am guessing we missed the housekeeping window because they never returned to service the room.

The Aurora buffet was expensive and absolutely awful - some of the food was literally inedible. The Water Lilly Lounge and Legend's Diner were under staffed, but the food was ok. And the live entertainment in one bar was pretty bad and loud. The common pool area was clean with very few people using it, so we had a nice time relaxing around it.

The gambling was good with plenty of variety (slots, poker and tables). There were vendors walking around selling refreshments, but it was more of an outdoor stadium vendor feeling as opposed to a casino feel (picture a beer vendor at a baseball field tossing you a lukewarm beer). We stepped into the Cyber Quest area and played a couple of the amusement games. There was a large variety of games and the teens around us were entertained. Not all of the games seemed to be honest; for example the hook on one of the hook and grab games would open, but never grab.

The concert area was not what I expected, but it ended up having good acoustics and views to the stage. People were jumping seats tough with little usher intervention.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators and try to stay in the ends of the corridors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beau2000

Dear Beau2000-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. On behalf of the resort, we are glad to hear that it you enjoyed your time at our Casino but are obvisously disappointed to hear about some of the shortcomings on the Resort side. The wait times that you experienced in Valet and during the check-in process are definitely a bit long and I certainly will address those with appropriate management members. Our team members are instructed to take care of each guest with Four Diamond Service Standards and unfortunately sometimes those interactions take longer than others. I hope that when you were being helped that our team took great care of you and gave you the attention that you deserved. If you would like to share your experience about your employee interactions, feel free to contact me directly. Finally, your experiences at the Aurora Buffet with inedible food and Water Lily/Legends Diner with lack of staff are completely unacceptable. Rest assured, these concerns will be forwarded to our Food and Beverage Management Team.

Despite these short comings, I would like to personally extend an invitation for you to come back and give our property another chance. Please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. As I mentioned earlier, I would also like to hear more about your experience, so I encourage you to reach out to me at my contact information which is listed below. On behalf of the Casino and Resort, I again extend my apologies to you. Do not hesitate to reach out to me in the future so that we can gain you back as our guest.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Since the switch in CEO's in January of this year, the hotel & casino have gone downhill. Rude service and tight slots! Here is another reason my mother and I won't return...

My mom and I went to Soaring Eagle to see Styx, which was a great show, but that's the only good I can say in this rant. What pushed us over the edge was the experience we had in the steak house. The hostess sat us in the very back in a crowded spot with very little room to sit down and when we ask to move to a different table she rudely said no. That is unfortunately where it got worse, we sat for 15 minutes without even a glance in our direction so that we could order our drinks. We left and never will return to the casino, hotel, or to the dining options.

My mom and I both have been members for a very long time. My mom is a diamond member and I am platinum. The service leaves us at a loss for words, and not in a good way.

Goodbye forever Soaring Eagle.

Erica D. & Deb O.

Stayed: April 2014
6  Thank Erica D
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Erica D-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. On behalf of the resort, I apologize that it sounds like you did not enjoy your recent stay one bit. Rude staff that you encountered at our Steak House is NOT an expectation for service at our Four Diamond resort. Our hostesses and wait staff will be informed of this service failure. This concern will also most definitely be mentioned to our Food & Beverage management team at the Steak House. Regarding your thoughts on the Casino side, I would gladly have our Casino Guest Relations Manager who is in charge of the Player's Club contact you to help shed light on our new and improved Player's Club. One thing that I can tell you is that our Player's Club rewards players quicker based on the amount that they play, better than our prior system.

Despite these short comings, I would like to personally extend an invitation for you to come back and give our property another chance. I understand that you swear you will not make it back here, but if you happen to make it back to Mt. Pleasant to visit, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. I would also like to hear more about your experience, so I encourage you to reach out to me at my contact information which is listed below. On behalf of the Casino and Resort, I again extend my apologies to you. I look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can make up for this stay and use your feedback to better our Resort.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We decided to see a concert and take a mini vacation up to Soaring Eagle. They did not disappoint. The room was great, all the staff was very friendly and will go out of their way to help you. We were slightly disappointed not to be able to eat at Isabella's as they were booked at 5:00 when they opened,and the line to get a players card was exceptionally long at all different times, but those are the only things I was disappointed about. For gamblers, lots of different games to choose from and not overly crowded. It was well worth the drive up, and we will have to plan another trip again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christina L

Dear Christina L-

Thank you for taking the time to share some comments about your recent experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay while attending a concert at our Resort. We are pleased that you found your room to be great and staff to be very friendly. From a guest service perspective, I am beyond happy that all of the staff that you encountered went out of their way to help you. Our goal, as always, is to provide top notch guest service to all that walk through our doors. Regarding the long lines at the Player's Club, we have actually gone through a hiring spree so we are adding more team members to assist our guests. Hopefully, you will find your next trip to our Player's Club a bit quicker due to the added staff.

We are delighted that you do enjoy our property, so please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging that future stay that you had mentioned. Thanks again for your time in rating our property, as we value any and all feedback.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The room had cigarette burns in the carpet and what really annoyed us was housekeeping was banging on our door at 8 am, wanting to know when we were leaving. RIDICULOUS!! Checkout isnt until 11. The bellhop area will hold your luggage until you are ready to leave, and i asked the guy to be careful with my laptop & he got an attitude & told me we have lots of laptops in there all luggage is treated the same; very rude. The buffet was the worst i ever had & there was one girl who got an attitude when 4 extra people were going to join us, she told me THREE times that you have to tell the hostess that before hand if youall wanna sits together. Very ghetto. Will never go back, too many other casino/hotels that are better

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank michelle00053
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Michelle00053-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. On behalf of the resort, I apologize that it sounds like you did not enjoy your recent stay one bit. Being the Training Manager on the hotel side, I am embarrassed and troubled that members or our staff were very rude to you. I promise you that that is NOT the expectation of our Resort when it comes to service. Guest Service should always come first and I will most definitely share your sentiments with our department heads, specifically the Bell Desk, as everyone's belongings should be taken care of with the upmost respect. The service that you received at the Buffet was also unacceptable, as it should not matter how many more guests join you at the table.

Despite these short comings, I would like to personally extend an invitation for you to come back and give our property another chance. Please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. I would also like to hear more about your experience, so I encourage you to reach out to me at my contact information which is listed below. On behalf of the Casino and Resort, I again extend my apologies to you. Do not hesitate to reach out to me in the future so that we can gain you back as our guest.