“3rd stay meeting up with family for Easter”

Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
“3rd stay meeting up with family for Easter”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This resort is very convenient for meeting up with my husband's parents who live on the upper peninsula of Michigan. We booked the package with free play and dining cards. We did not need to add additional money to our food budget, but we did choose to tip our servers with cash. Our rooms were clean and quiet for sleeping. My in-laws needed an accessible room and we asked that they be in the tower near to the casino. My husband and I like as much quiet as possible, so we were in the other tower. Check in was good, but our agent had to write out quite a bit to give us our cards for free play. She was efficient but it seems like there might be an easier way to do it. The lobby is inviting with deep leather seating and a fire going. Housekeeping was very good and each day when we returned from breakfast, our service had already been completed. The lobby bathrooms were always clean and staff greeted you if you crossed paths. We had a king room which included a table and two club chairs. The bathroom was a good size. There is a coffee maker and supplies were replenished each day. This resort makes it easy for us all to relax and just enjoy visiting.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank J G
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear J G-

Thank you so much for the time you took to review our Resort. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback that you provided. Being the Guest Service Training Manager, I am very excited to hear that our staff greeted you when you crossed paths. It may seem trivial to some, but making our guests feel welcome is of utmost importance. We strive to achieve and exceed guest expectations, so I am glad that you noticed our efforts. I will also be sure to pass along your comments about our housekeeping efforts, as they will be delighted to hear that you were happy with their timeliness and cleanliness of the service that they provided.

It is a pleasure to hear from guests when they enjoy their time at our property and their interactions with our employees. The feedback that you provide helps us to maintain our service standards and hotel upkeep. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to book any future hotel visits. Thanks again for your time in rating our property and we look forward to taking care of you the next time when you visit us at the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort.

bporterfield@sagchip.org

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Its getting so that reviews can't be trusted now because they can be "sponsored", but anyways......
Decided to book a room for my 10 year anniversary. Turns out the pool won't be available that night due to a after hours pool party that cost $50 per person. Why should I have to pay to use a standard amenity. Talked with management for a discount or alternative to no avail. There is no such thing a customer service there. Ended up cancelling and will go to the new and improved firekeepers casino instead.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Lisa W
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Lisa W-

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. On behalf of the entire Resort, I want to apologize that we were unable to have you here for your anniversary. Anniversaries are special times, so I can understand how you would want to have full use of our facilities. Regarding the pool being closed, our pool still would have been open from 6am until 9pm while here, which are quite common hours of operation for a pools in most hotels. As soon as we knew about this closure, we notified all of our guests that had existing reservations and also informed our Reservation team members to make sure to inform our guests much like we would if the pool were to be closed for maintenance. We believe in achieving successful communication in order for our guests to be informed as soon as we are. Regarding your comment about management not being able to do anything for you, I would very much like to hear from you about your conversation with whomever you spoke to. This will help me better understand where you are coming from.

Despite your feelings about our property, I would like to personally extend an invitation for you to come back and give our property another chance. I understand that you swear you will not make it back here, but if you happen to make it back to Mt. Pleasant to visit, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. As I mentioned above, I still would like to hear more about your experience in order to better service future guests, so I encourage you to reach out to me at my contact information which is listed below. On behalf of the Casino and Resort, I again extend my apologies to you. I look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can make up for this stay and use your feedback to better our Resort.

Flushing
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have see past reviews that the hotel was very smokey. Stayed April 28 and not the case at all. I don't smoke and could never smell any smoke anywhere in the hotel. The casino I would expect it and thought the air quality was very good. Beautiful facility all and all. Kind of disappointed that the steak house isn't open only Wednesday to Sunday as it is one of my favorites. Legends food is fair to poor although the service was a lot faster than the last time we ate there. No breakfast at the buffet not a big deal but was better than Legends. Eat early because you don't have but a couple of choices after 11pm.

Room Tip: West side seems to be a better view. East side is the parking lot.
1 Thank James S
Dear James S-

Thank you so much for your comments and we greatly appreciate your time that you took to tell us about your recent stay while at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. It is great to hear that you did not experience the smokey effect that many reviewers have shared. We are still trying make the air quality a bit better and one recent change that was made was the selection of different air filters throughout the hotel. The difference, as you experienced, is quite noticeable. Regarding your food and beverage experiences, I am glad that you did encounter faster service at Legends Diner. However, I am not as thrilled by your definition of the food quality. Nevertheless, I will most certainly share your comments with our Food and Beverage Management Team.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging a future stay, as I would be more than happy to assist you with that. Thanks again for your time in rating our property and we look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Mt. Pleasant.

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Soaring Eagle is awesome. Every aspect of our all too short stay was spectacular.The room was amazing. Dinner at Isabella's was perfect. Breakfast there was also wonderful. the gaming floor was so cool. I wouldn't change a single thing. I am a life long hotel, restaurant, food service guy and I haven't had this kind of experience since Disneyworld. Kudos to the entire staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael A
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Michael A-

Thank you so much for your comments and we greatly appreciate your time that you took to tell us about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. Being the Guest Service Training Manager, I am very excited to hear that our entire staff was given kudos by you. We strive to achieve and exceed guest expectations, so I am glad you were so kind enough to compare us to Disney World. We will try our best not to change anything, but we are always looking for more ways to enhance the guest experience and differentiate ourselves from our competition.

It is a pleasure to hear from guests when they enjoy their at our property and their interactions with our employees. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to book any future hotel visits. Thanks again for your time in rating our property and we look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Mt. Pleasant.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed april 9th, Rooms are always clean and nice. We played till 3 a.m. The casino was empty at that time, all those young people had gone and it was a week day the best time to be there as you dont have all them young girls dressed badly and everything hanging out. And you dont have them young people yelling and screaming over winning a dollar. The casino needs to get moving on putting all the machines in play still had stacks of machines sitting turned off in piles on the casino floor. We were there in feb too and same thing machines down and sitting in piles. The only thing their access card doesnt give much of nothing for free play no more. They cut way back on comps of all kinds. And on their website the same 2 people fred and kelly win over and over and over. I wish they would stop posting their pics as they make me feel like they are the only 2 that win big pots. I never seen no big winners there. Just alot of crabby people sitting and playing. Not one person was friendly. The drink guy's and girl's were far and few between. Hard to get something to drink and one time waited over 2 hours for one to come by. Not sure where they were hiding. To many young ones on the weekend's there. They stand around and chat, block it so you cant get thru and wont move. Dont think it is right to let them come there to socialize, it is a gambling hall. I seen 2-3 or more people playing one machine, take the chairs that are suppose to be for gamblers and sit there doing nothing but watching their friend. When asked if they were playing the machines, one person told me yes i am, i said you havent put no money in it, so he put a dollar in and said there and didnt play it, when i walked away he cashed it out. Unreal. Time for soaring eagle to watch and make sure chairs and machines are for playing people, not for watchers. They need to crack down on these people and the young ones, the yelling and screaming is horrible at times.

4 Thank rcracer05
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear rcracer05,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. I am pleased to hear that your room was clean and to the standards that you are accustomed to when you visit us. Here at the Soaring Eagle our minimum age for admittance to our gaming floor is 18 years old. So when it comes to our guests we do not discriminate against age, race, or gender. I would recommend making contact with an associate on our gaming floor when faced with someone occupying a machine that they are not playing and you would like to play. Our Access card rewards are based upon the individual’s play over a rolling 3 month period. What this means is your rewards could change from month to month based upon your play. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

After reading what you wrote about Fred and Kelly I decided to check it out for myself. I found that their pictures are on our website four times in the month of April. We did have 26 other winners posted on our website as well. So, it may seem as if they are the only winners that we post, but we do try our best to post other winners. We are currently renovating our gaming floor as you mentioned. Unfortunately with a property of our size the renovations will take some time. We currently have 3200 machines in use on our gaming floor, when our renovations are complete we will have roughly 3400 machines in use. I know that any of our associates would gladly assist you in locating an available machine.

As an AAA Four Diamond resort the level of service that you mentioned from our gaming floor wait staff is unacceptable. This is something that I will be forwarding to our F&B department. Our recent renovations have made it easier to pass through the aisles between our machines. With that being said it should be much easier to see our wait staff and have our wait staff see our guests. Again, I would like to thank you for your input and please feel free to contact with any concerns.

Regards,

Joshua Blake
Guest Relations Manager
Marketing Department
989-775-5258
jblake@sagchip.org
Waterford, Michigan
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We decided to spend the weekend at Soaring Eagle for my birthday and to take in a Jackyl concert. The facilities were very clean and enjoyable. The hotel staff was very attentive and the rooms were spotless. We had a great time at the concert it sounded great and the seats were very good. My wife went to the Spa and said the spa personnel were also awesome with their services. We will definitely return to the Eagle whenever we can.

2 Thank William S
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear William S-

Thank you so much for your comments and we greatly appreciate your time that you took to tell us about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay while attending our Jackyl concert and even able to experience some of the other property amenities. Being the Guest Service Training Manager, I am also pleased to hear that all of our hotel staff that you encountered were very attentive. Our service that we provide our guests is what brings guests like you back to our resort and I am very happy to hear that that appears to be the case. I will also pass on your comments about the spa services and personnel comments to our Spa manager, as I am sure that she will be delighted to hear that your experience there was great.

In closing, I am glad that you are interested in returning to our property in the future for a future stay, so please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay. Thanks again for your time in rating our property and we look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Mt. Pleasant.

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We had a really good time at the concert. This casino is huge and has lots of slot machines. The dining area was really clean and had lot of options for us. There is a separate area for kids to play and there were lot of help available to watch out children. This was the first time we went to soaring Eagle but we will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank menotravino
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear menotravino,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself during one of our shows. Based on the timing of your review I’m assuming you attended the “Styx” concert. Kids quest is our child care provider on property, it is located between the hotel and casino. It is a great area for children, I’m jealous of the activities they have available for them. We are happy to hear you enjoyed yourself during your first visit with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Regards,