“Favorite casino and hotel in Michigan.”

Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
“Favorite casino and hotel in Michigan.”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We had always enjoyed Soaring Eagle but until the Heroes Card for active, retired or veterans of military, hadn't stayed overnight. As a result we now go once a month, spend the night in a super clean, comfortable and attractive room. The casino is top notch, we enjoy the buffet and several restaurants, particularly Isabella's, for breakfast or a quiet, romantic dinner. The spa is great, had a superb hot stone massage while there. Overall, though Michigan offers many casinos, the Soaring Eagle Resort is our #1 choice.

• Stayed May 2014
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Laura W-
On behalf of the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, I just wanted to take a quick moment to thank you for taking the time to rate and review our property on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your kind comments about our Hero Card that we offer to our Veterans and Active Military. We have gotten tremedous feedback with this program and I am very happy that you have been able to utilize the free room offer. It is nice to hear about your comments about the room being well clean and comfortable. I will be sure to pass along your comments about the room to our Housekeeping Team as well as to our Food and Beverage team, as it seems like you enjoyed your dining experiences as well.

It is great to hear that you rate us as your number one Casino in Michigan, as we strive to maintain those types of comments. If you make it back here anytime soon which it sounds like you will, please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay. Thanks again for your time in rating our property and we look forward to taking care of you the next time you stay with us at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort.

bporterfield@sagchip.org

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Hamilton
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just returned from Soaring Eagle Resort..bus trip 3 nts.............our 4th time and still great........hotel rooms are well looked after ...pool and hot tubs are a lot of fun and open until midnight every night..great way to relax especially the out side hot tub on a cool evening!.......Best restaurant.Isabellas!!!............our service for 4 of us was A+........not slow at all for breakfasts or dinner ...........food was excellent as usual!!...........we ate early for dinner at 5 and breakfast around 9 am so maybe not going at busy times helped in getting faster service!!.........only disappointment is the casino!!....they have taken all the good slot machines that we like away and replaced them with ones we were not happy to play!..so less time playing there!!.......also they are taking forever to finish replacing carpet on casino floor and getting machines set back up for play....they seem to have more tables for cards now as well....they have also taken the free help yourself soda machines out..!!!.we will still return next time as it is a good value overall!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ducks
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Ducks-

I just wanted to take a quick moment to thank you for taking the time to rate and review our property on Trip Advisor. We are quite happy that you enjoyed your recent visit to our Resort. It is nice to hear about your comments about the room being well kept and overall atmosphere of our property. I will also be sure to pass along your comments about the food and your service experience while dining at Isabella's. It is great to hear that you found their service to A+ for you and the rest of your party. Top notch service is always our goal, so I am pleased to hear that you received it while at that restaurant. Regarding the Casino comments, we are in the final stages of removing carpet and placing machines back into play. I apologize that a few of your favorite machines were removed. The reason some machines were removed was due to numerous complaints about the casino being a bit crowded on certain nights. We only removed certain machines in order to enhance the guest experience and make things a bit more comfortable.

It is great to hear that you are interested in returning to our property for a future stay, so please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay. Thanks again for your time in rating our property and we look forward to taking care of you the next time you stay with us at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort or simply come by to visit the gaming floor.

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have tried to get hold of customer service involving info about the players club they have their, or the access card, and have been transferred to numbers that ring and ring. Then after multiple attempts, I get a person on the line and they are pretty rude. Not wanting to answer my question (Id assume they were having a bad day)

My fiancee is planning on bringing her friends up there this August or September for her bachelorette party, so I wanted to ask about the rooms for her, to which the person was very snotty and short with me. I need to ask these questions because my fiancee is a bit of a stickler with details. I then say maybe this weekend Id be interested in trying a room out and taking my girl out for some quality alone time away from home. I talked about reserving the jacuzzi room and the person didn't seem interested in helping me and even said good luck, rooms will be filled most likely. I asked for them to look for me and the person acted like that was hard and huffed. So I have not booked yet, not sure if I am going to. And I am not sure if ill let my fiancee have her bachelorette girls stay here, I want her to have the best time possible.

Management really needs to reaffirm that the people on the phone sometimes are just as important as those they can see. We would like to spend our money too. And I could even understand if the person on the phone is mean or rude, but me, im the exact opposite.

Pretty disappointed so far. But I LOVE the casino if that matters.
Dustin
419-490-5703

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dustin M
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Dustin M-

Thanks for your comments regarding your recent experience with the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. I am glad that we were able to chat about your experience yesterday, over the phone. Again, I apologize for the way that you were treated during your interaction but I am glad that I was able to assist you with making your reservation at our property. We look forward to your arrival and to wow you with our personal service.

New Baltimore, Michigan
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This resort was way more than I expected. I'm not much for gambling (even tho I did) . I had thought this resort would be a cafeteria style casino type in a pole style building, but it was not, it was truly four star and thoroughly enjoyed by me. The restaurants, the pool, the rooms, etc. all great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank gary d
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Gary D-

We want to take a quick moment to thank you for your comments about Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort during your recent stay with your wife. On behalf of the resort, I am happy to hear that it seems like our resort exceeded your expectations. Even though we are rated as a Four Diamond resort, our goal always is ensure top notch guest service and strive for Five Diamond service standards. It is nice to hear that it sounds like you were able to have a total resort experience by sampling our restaurants and pool area, both of which are enjoyed by many happy guests.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your next stay, whether it's for just you or both you and your wife. Thanks again for your time in rating our property and we look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Mt. Pleasant.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We love coming here a few times a month we get free rooms not liking we only get our free $ twice a month when it used to be every week and the buffet was so better when they had all u could eat crab legs on Mondays and even the other days were a lot better than their choices now

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pageantmom08
Dear Pageantmom8-

On behalf of the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, I just wanted to take a quick moment to thank you for your comments about our property. We are delighted that you are able join us for complimentary rooms as members of our Player's Club. It is a great perk for our Players and I am glad that you enjoy using the free rooms. I am a bit disappointed that your experience at our buffet was not up to standards, however. The buffet offerings do tend to change on a daily basis, so please give our buffet another chance in the future. Also, please keep in mind our buy one get one free offer has changed to Tuesdays, in case you were not aware. Nevertheless, I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Food and Beverage management team as they are always looking for feedback on how to make our guest experience better.

In closing, I just wanted to again thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. If you plan on making it back to our resort, please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need assistance in arranging your stay. We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Mt. Pleasant.

michigan
Reviewed 13 May 2014

the soaring eagle resort and casino is a wonderful place without the package but it is simply awesome if you can book the dine and play package for $189. $50 in slot money $50 in dining money and a wonderful clean room (king size bed). there are multiple places to eat but we choose legends diner for both dinner and breakfast.we even had a few dollars left to buy banana bread from the bakery to take home. We have probably been to every casino in michigan and we believe the soaring eagle is the nicest and gambler friendly casino out there. I don't expect to win every time but i do want to play for the evening without out feeling like i broke the bank. the pool area is beautiful and they do have an arcade for the kids.

Room Tip: i like them all but if your looking for something better then the parking lot ask to be in the back...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank shelbyslim
Dear Shelbyslim-

Thank you so much for your pleasant comments and we greatly appreciate your time that you took to tell us about your experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. It is great to hear that you took advantage of our Dine and Play package, while recently here. That package is one of our most popular packages and is perfect for the everday gambler. The opportunity to earn additional premium play is definitely an added perk as well. Also, thank you for your kind comments about our pool and the fact that you find us to be the nicest casino in Michigan. We strive for top notch guest service and overall experience, so I am quite happy that you have found that here at the Soaring Eagle.

It is a pleasure to hear from guests when they enjoy their at our property and their interactions with our employees. If you happen to make it back to our area, please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to book any future hotel visits. Thanks again for your time in rating our property and we look forward to servicing you in the near future.

Detroit
Reviewed 13 May 2014

When you book your room they place a one night charge immediately on your credit card. You can get a credit if you have to cancel within 24 hours of arrival date. What we (a group of 6) were not told is that when you check in they add a $50.00 per night charge for possible incidentals like room service or a movie. When we checked out we were given the receipt for paying 186.00 but when I looked at my pending charges online it was for 286.00. When I called the clerk repeatedly told me we were were informed when we booked that they add 50.00 per night "just in case" and if not used that charge is reimbursed within a few days. I kept telling her that I would have remembered that conversation, this was the first I heard of it and since they already had cc info it was not necessary to pre-charge for services that may not be used. Clerk argued with me that it was their policy and she could review the recorded conversation and prove to me that I was informed. I told her to go ahead and review for "quality control" to see that I was not informed and it was my policy to not allow charges for services that may not occur. I believe the over charge of 100.00 would not have been removed if I had not questioned it. When I checked out at the front desk the receipt I was given did not have the extra charge, I was told that 186.00 would be charged not 286.00. Be aware of this policy that is not in place for anyone's benefit other than the hotel which can charge more than the room amount if people are not paying attention. And BTW the main restaurant, Isabella's, has overpriced terrible food. My risotto was gummy and one diner in our group sent back her dinner and ordered pasta but the charge for the returned dinner was not removed from the bill. Check and double check all charges and fees or you may pay more than is authorized.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank BrentLoch
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear BrentLoch-

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us feedback about your recent stay at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. After reading your review, there are some obvious concerns that I have from a service standpoint. It is true that we do require an incidental deposit hold of $50 per evening for every hotel reservation, however I am not quite sure where the extra $50 "just in case" comes into play. I assure it is not hotel policy for us to take an additional $50 per night on top of the aforementioned $50 per evening incidental deposit. On behalf of the Resort, I do want to apologize to you for this miscommunication as well as the way it sounds like you were treated by members of our team. Furthermore, I would very much like to discuss your stay with you personally, so I encourage you to reach out to me directly at the contact number provided below. We take guest service concerns very seriously and I want to better understand why certain things were said to you during your stay here. Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to talking with you in the near future.