“OUTSTANDING RESORT”

Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Spent three days here. So much to do from walking, hiking, gambling, spa, pool and entertainment. Food this year is so good.
We love the food in the Water Lilley. The best tacos and taco salad I have ever had. Food is reasonably priced.
The staff here is impeccable. Anthony always goes the extra mile to get us a wonderful room, since Mom is handicapped.
Grounds are so clean and staff very helpful.

Room Tip: All rooms are great and roomy
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear CantonLady-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. I am glad that you took advantage of all the activities we have to offer at our property! Our Food and Beverage Department has been working hard to improve our guest’s dining experience, I will pass on your comments regarding the “tacos and taco salad” as well as the pricing. Our reservationists take great pride in their work and I am happy to hear that Anthony went “the extra mile,” for you and your mother; I will let him know that you enjoyed your stay.

I am very pleased that you had such a wonderful experience and enjoyed not only the property but the staff as well. If you would like to reserve another stay in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. I would also like to hear more about your experience, so I encourage you to reach out to me at my contact information which is listed below.

There are newer reviews for Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We are a couple that like to go to casino resorts for 3 day getaways two our three times a year.Although we have been to Soaring Eagle many times we found the last time we went there(aprox 1year ago) we found that the rooms were nice but the casino needed updating.
This time we decided to give Soaring Eagle another try but only stay one night and then go to another casino resort.
What a pleasant surprise! The new layout of the casino is a great improvement.The only thing that is badly lacking is self-serve drink stations.(I've never been to a casino of this size that doesn't have any!) We are smokers and we love that it is smoker friendly!

Dear Tim S S-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. I am glad that you were “pleasantly surprised” by our new casino layout and updates. I will pass that positive comment to our Slot Operations department and Player’s Club as this is something they have been working very hard on. In order to assist with the drink stations issue we have increased our staff so that guests are offered drinks, while playing, more frequently. Guests are also welcome to receive complimentary fountain pop and water at any of our bars on the floor. We believe in providing a more personal service by having more face-to-face interactions between guests and team members.

Once again, thank you for your positive review, if you would like to reserve another stay in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. I would also like to hear more about your experience, so I encourage you to reach out to me at my contact information which is listed below.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had heard a lot about this place, but was disappointed to finally stay here. Came on business and had a decent business rate. Thank goodness too, because the rate they said was the "normal rate" would have been ridiculous. The rooms were very gaudy appointed with old style gold everywhere and looked like a snapshot of the eighties. They really need to update. Aside from that, the rooms smell terrible of smoke. I had a non-smoking room, but there is no getting away from it. The bed smells like it, the air smells like it and the towels smell like it. If you smoke, no big deal then. The hallways are the same way. It says "no smoking" everywhere, yet everywhere wreaks of smoke. Most of the staff was great and very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kaptain4-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. We are currently in the process of updating our entire property to be more modern and elegant. I also apologize that you had an issue with smoke smells within your room. I too, am not a smoker, so I can understand why this would cause you to be disappointed. Our third floor is a completely smoking floor and so the smell may be noticed on the second and fourth floors. If you choose to stay with us again we can request that you be located on a higher floor to avoid the chance of smoke smells - this is another area in which the property is recieving updates.

I am glad to hear that our staff was “helpful” and “great.” Your positive comment on their service is highly appreciated.

I apologize again that you were not fully satisfied with your stay. If you would like to give us another chance and reserve another stay in the future, please feel free to reach out to me directly. I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. I would also like to hear more about your experience, so I encourage you to reach out to me at my contact information which is listed below.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night at Soaring Eagle and this place is great. Prices for food and drinks are very affordable. Resort is very nice and clean. Look for deals online instead of booking direct. Paid half of what the hotel wanted by searching around on different booking sites.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Chudkins-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time at the Resort and that you found our property to be "nice and clean." We strive to maintain a four diamond environment for our guests and our Housekeeping department takes great pride in their ability to keep the property looking nice. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Housekeeping department.

If you would like reserve another stay in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure you are completely satisfied. I would also like to hear more about your experience, so I encourage you to reach out to me at my contact information which is listed below.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I am looking to reserve a room for a very special visit in Sept. 2014. Our family has stayed every year at least once, usually more. We are keeping our promise to stay for our son's 18th birthday. We have so many family memories there, as a toddler and child he loved kids quest, and being a nervous mom I always felt confident in the environment and staff. It felt like a special treat for the kids instead of being 'left out'. The pool has family friendly hours and was incredible in the winter! The Buffett originally firefly now Aurora (?) was also family friendly, being able to get a kid friendly plate NOW, invaluable for parents! In room movie options, great for down time.
As we have grown and our needs have changed, we have continued to enjoy our stay, now taking advantage of 'adult' hours in the pool, and the gorgeous outdoor hot tub.
We have found the rooms to be clean, comfortable, nice amenities, toiletries, linens. Surprisingly quiet for a casino.
Several years ago we noticed a slump in service and atmosphere, not the same outstanding experience we had grown used to.
Fortunatly our most recent stays we noticed updating, freshening and great customer service again! Check in staff are efficient and professional, even during peak times the wait has been short.

The gaming floor has always had a large choice of slots, more and more are the video variety(not my favorite)
but still enough others to give a selection. We have always liked the layout. different areas have distinct atmospheres. Bathrooms are spacious, clean and wheelchair friendly. The floor service for beverages has always varied. But the housekeeping staff is always busy and I have never found it anything less than top notch.
Handy convenience store, great for snacks, OTC medicines, a paper.
Room service is available with a limited menu, and is somewhat pricey(as room service is!) but has always been good and really beautifully presented with China, linens, stemware and makes for a special treat. Love the orchid garnish!! Special.
Very often we have been able to get great promotions, making a very nice stay, an affordable getaway for us.
Be sure to ask when booking.
Staying during the holiday season is especially beautiful with a breathtaking huge poinsetta tree, and decorations and florals in abundance. Very festive.

Fun for all ages and stages, 2nd generation visitor, coming up! His choice for an 18th birthday celebration!

Room Tip: ask about promotions, there are two elevators to rooms, one is closer to pool, the other is closer t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ann d
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Ann D-

Thank you for your kind comments about your past visits here at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. I am under the impression that you are wanting to plan a special visit for this upcoming September. Please feel free to reach out to me at my contact information listed below and I will gladly assist you personally with handling your reservation. Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our main complaint is the Casino floor & restaurants are sooooo cold! I found it odd Soaring Eagle is so concerned with "saving the planet" as evidenced by signs in rooms encouraging using a minimum of towels & not washing sheets daily, yet the AC in the playing floor & restaurants are cranked so high it truly is uncomfortably freezing, especially considering the majority of patrons are dressed in shorts & light tops. Luckily, we had brought jeans & a jacket. Other that the extreme frigid temps, we were pleasantly surprised to find our room had been upgraded to a jaccuzi room on the 1st floor w/a walk-out patio. When we had originally made our reservation, a non-smoking room was not available. Stephanie told me she would make a notation we preferred a non-smoking room. That she did! Absolutely gorgeous room! My spouse & I were having such a great time, we decided to inquire if a room was available for the following night. Again, we were pleasantly surprised as we received a non-smoking balcony room on the 5th floor. The 1st room was acquired via a free room coupon. The 2nd was acquired via my Heroes Club monthly free room benefit. So probably should not be complaining about the A/C!! Although, as usual, we lose more than we win - we will return. Can't beat the superb customer service!!

Room Tip: If possible, try for a balcony room or a 1st floor patio room.
4  Thank rychrlim
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear rychrlim-

On behalf of the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, we want to thank you for taking the time to rate and review our property on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback about our resort, yet again. Feedback like yours helps to know what we need to improve upon and what we need to maintain. In relation to your comments about the resort being cold, I will most definitely let our Facilities team know about this. That is definitely not a comment we hear often, but I will pass it on to them nonetheless. I am delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your rooms while here and also that you encountered superb customer service. Our team members strive to take great care of our guests and it sounds like they did just that for you during your stay. We also want to thank you for your service in our Armed Forces and are pleased that you were able to use your Hero Free Room. This is a great benefit of our Player's Club and I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of it.

Thanks again for your time in writing a review on our property. We very much look forward to taking care of you the next time you stay with us at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This Hotel-Casino is on par with the hotels in Las Vegas! It is luxurious and has all the amenities. Beautiful adornment with the local Indian treasures. The spa and hotel are first class. The Casino has all the new and exciting slot machines available. Along with all the table games, the restaurants offer a quick bite or an expensive feast. My wife and I love the romantic feel of the whole package.

Room Tip: I like the rooms n the North tower.
1  Thank chevylet55
SEProperties, Guest Relations Manager at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear chevylet55-

Knowing that everyone's time is valuable, we want to thank you for taking the time to rate and review our property on Trip Advisor. We are quite happy that you enjoyed your recent visit to our Resort. Thank you for the kind comments about comparing us to Las Vegas resorts. We, obviously, strive to maintain high service and attention to detail standards which are often found in the so called hospitality capital of the world. Also, we appreciate your comments about our casino and restaurant options. Having variety is always key to any resort/casino experience in order to accommodate guests with varying wants and needs.

If you happen to make it back to the Soaring Eagle to experience the "whole package" as you put it, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will gladly assist you with making your arrangements. We very much look forward to taking care of you the next time you stay with us at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort.