Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Green Suites(Mount Pleasant)
View Hotel
Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel(Mount Pleasant)
Chippewa Motel(Mount Pleasant)
Wolds Motel(Mount Pleasant)
View Hotel
Super 8 Mt. Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)
View Hotel
All reviewssoaring eagleslot machinestable gamesplayers cardnon smoking areabus tripgaming floorthe outdoor hot tubfree roomkids questcasino resortsmoking roomhotel is beautifula lot of funstandard roomfire pitcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2010

We just got home from an overnight at the resort and had a wonderful experience. We booked the "Gas and Gamble" package and would do so again. Check- was smooth and quick; even though we were a bit early, there was no problem and the room was ready.

We had a standard quality king room on the non-smoking floor. The bathroom was larger than I'd expected and the amenities were nice--we shop at Body and Bath works and actually have the products they supplied, which was a nice touch.

We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but the bed was comfortable and we had no problem with noise whatsoever.

My s/o had a massage at the spa and spent some time in the steam room; he looked so relaxed afterword! He later went for a soak in the outdoor hot tub which he thoroughly enjoyed.

We ate at the Water Lily restaurant, the Steak House, had the breakfast at the Firefly Buffet, and later had a dessert at the bakery. We enjoyed each place and would go there again. (Hint: the prime rib sandwich at the sandwich shop was great but the "boiled dinner" soup left a lot to be desired.) We received good, friendly service at each location.

While the Water Lily is pricey but we thought the food was worth it. Our package included $25. per person vouchers for the Water Lily which took a lot off the bill, but still ended up paying quite a lot. We were able to comp our breakfast at the Firefly and our dessert at the bakery, so paid nothing for those meals. We paid full fare for the lunch at the steak house but the food was worth it.

Which brings me to the casino--we had a great time and a lot of play. The smoke wasn't any worse than most casinos I've experienced in Michigan and Las Vegas. The drink servers were pleasant and we had absolutely no problem with the staff. I liked the way the casino floor was laid out, with services very convenient.

The place was very well kept up, the service friendly and smiling, the amenities were great. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I love this place and I recomend this place to everybody and great for children and parents .you should make kid quest bigger and make it cooler but I like it any way .you should make it cheaper on weekends because it is to much money.you should put more chanels in the rooms.I like the hotel.

Reviewed 21 January 2010

I just arrived home after an evening at the Soaring Eagle in Mt. Pleasant, MI. What a disappointment. First of all, I would like you to know that there were about 20 of us in my party. We stayed at the hotel using the gas and Gamble package. Some used the Gift and Gamble package. Out of all of these people only two came away with any winnings. Two people won $100.00. The rest of us just pumped money into the machines all night. You couldn’t even get a bonus or enough credits to play for awhile. I know that this is how gambling works, but I can take a couple of hundred dollars to another casino and at least be entertained to a few hours. This casino’s slots are so tight that it is nothing but frustrating. If it had been just a couple of us I would say oh well, but with this many people shouldn’t a few of us get to play a little? My brother put a $100.00 bill in a machine and got one payback of $4.00. I put a $20.00 bill in two different machines and never even got a penny. The only machine that even let me play at all was a machine that is not owned by the Soaring Eagle (The Joker’s Wild). I am guessing that if it was owned by the Soaring Eagle I would not have been on it for long before it wiped me out.

Part of the package included food credits. We went to the buffet. This was the second worst buffet of my life. The only one worse was in Vegas and that one was less than $7.00. The Soaring Eagle buffet was expensive (around $20.00 per person) and there was very little selection. I tried the beef and the chicken. Both were terrible. I was only able to eat some mashed potatoes and a couple of bites of a smoked pork medallion. Everything else that I tried turned my stomach, and I am not a picky eater. If you go there I would advise the snack bar. At least it is freshly cooked and much cheaper. About 15 of us ate together and we all agreed that this buffet was terrible.

The room at the hotel was nice, but what upset me is that check-in time is 4:00 or after. I would not have mined, but at 9:15 a.m. housekeeping was going up and down the halls knocking on doors to see if the rooms were empty. Shouldn’t you get the use the room for awhile? Especially since the regular room rates were $180.00 a night? I a pretty sure that by now check-outs are computerized. Why do they need to wake you up? If check-in time is so late, shouldn’t you get to check-out late as well? I feel that the late check-in is to force you to find something to do until your room is ready. Gee, I wonder what you could do to kill some time. Maybe gamble and lose money in their tight slot machines?

We do this outing every year. This was the first and last time that we will pick the Soaring Eagle. We have stayed at the Little River, the Odawa, and Turtle Creek. All of these other casinos are way better than the Soaring Eagle. I hope that the Soaring Eagle figures this out pretty soon and decides to make some changes. They are going to lose a lot of business.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank suze1000
Reviewed 8 October 2009

The Gas & Gamble package is great for your money. My husband enjoyed the seafood
buffet, and since I dont like seafood I still was able to enjoy the other hot dishes they
had. They had a great dessert bar also.
Dont forget to go to the outdoor hot tub. Even in the rain it was very relaxing and fun.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pammy56
Reviewed 15 June 2009

My husband and I went for a weekend getaway. Neither of us had been before and didn't know what to expect. I had read all of the reviews on tripadvisor and felt it was worth a shot. We ended up having a really great time. The hotel was very nice (Nicer than I expected). We had a jacuzzi room that looked as if it had been newly renovated. The room was very clean and new looking with the exception of the windows. They were really dirty, and I believe there is at least one other reviewer noting that fact. The pool was very nice. We especially loved the outdoor jacuzzi that changed colors. We had massages that were very good and reasonably priced. The food was okay, there is room for improvement in this category. The casino was fun for us in short increments. The smoking in this place is horrible! I mean we could not take it very long at all. You just felt like you were walking into an ashtray! My eyes would begin to burn after an hour and we would go do something else to recover. If you are a smoker, you will have a great time. Non-smokers may have a bit of trouble if you absolutely can not tolerate the smell. All in all it was a good trip and we will probably go back one day.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple