Krishna's House
Ranked #2 of 60 Bhaktapur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. It was an easy 5 min walk to the Durbar Square. The room was large and clean with hot water. Very quiet location. Breakfast was a mix of cooked and cereal, fruit and toast and amazing yogurt. Very generous serve and more if you wanted.. Free wifi in dining and surrounds but not in room. The owner was very helpful and knowledgeable about history and the surrounding sights. He organised my transport from airport and back to Kathmandu at a very reasonable price. Accommodation for solo, couple, family or group catered for.here. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 October 2013

During my two weeks of travelling Nepal, Krishna´s House was the only place I was sad to leave. Ajaya and his family provide you with genuine hospitality and a welcoming atmosphere at their place. My twin bed room was very spacious and clean and came with a towel, a bar of soap and bottled water to drink and brush my teeth.

In addition, you will get the best breakfast throughout Nepal: toast with cheese, jam and honey, two kinds of cereals with milk, bananas and a typical Nepalese pastry made of rice flour. What a perfect treat to start your day!

Ajaya will support you in every way and help you planning your trip in advance and while on the road. You can be sure to get the most out of your stay not only in Bhaktapur but everywhere you go. He will pick you up for free even if you get lost in the darkness like me (make sure to take a mini express bus because this will take you to the mini bus station closest to Krishna´s House - it is the same bus station to catch the express to Kathmandu). Very close you will also find a good restaurant called Fresco.

Durbar Square, Taumadhi Tol and Pottery Square and even Tachapal are within easy walking distance and can be explored within a day. You can combine all these four major squares with an excursion to Changu Narayan. Ajaya will help you arranging transportation. If you go to Nagarkot, you can leave most of your luggage at Krishna´s House. Just taking my small backpack was such a good advice by Ajaya since the buses will get unbelievably crowded.

I cannot wait to come back one day and have some more interesting conversation with Ajaya and his father. I will bring some more German gummy bears along!
Namaste from Berlin :o)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank roamingqueen
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The house is really nice! Our room was spacious and bright and the family is kind and helpful, they make you feel at home! Breakfast includes toasts with jam and honey, tea or coffee, cheese, cereals, fruit, the delicious yogourt of bhaktapur and a fried ring made of rice, which we liked a lot! The house is situated whithin walking distance from the center in a quiet street. The only suggestion is to put a sign with the name of the house outside the gate, it will make it easier to find it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was looking for a homely place to stay, when i read about krishna's guesthouse.When i arrived at Krishna's, the compound, the garden, and especially the room with a window overlooking the garden with trees rife with pomelos took my breath away.Krishna's guesthouse is clean, quiet, and simple. There are plenty of clean and quiet places around I am sure, but at Krishna's, the stay is definitey memorable because the members of the family, especially Ajaya were a bunch of very warm people, who made you feel like a relative rather than a guest.This is definitely an oasis of calm and serenity amidst bhaktapur hustle and bustle.

Ajaya took great care to make his guests feel at home. I travelled alone but I felt so safe as Ajaya offered lots of tips and advice . I must thank Ajaya, and his family for being such a gracious host who shared the wonderful stories, insights, etc.I definitely come again,not only because of the place but the genuine hospitality and warmth of the family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2013

no better decision than we chose Krishna's house to stay one night on 22Feb. Ajay and his family(his wife, his son & his father) are so friendly to each of guests and provide service as much as they could. Ajay introduced Bhaktapur history, culture , spots etc very patient to us. he also provide some Patan tourism material when we asked for. they reserved breakfast till 11am for me as my friend told them I may get up late due to tiredness. the staying experience in this kind of family guest house is totally different from in hotel. I will introduce Krishna's house to my friends for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We booked into Krishna's House at the last minute and we couldn't have made a better choice. We planned to stay one night due to our short time in Nepal but we couldn't bring ourselves to leave and ended up spending a couple more nights there - would have happily stayed forever!!

We had a beautiful room, perfectly clean and comfortable. There was also toothpaste, soap and bottled water in the room- a few nice, welcome little touches!

The breakfast we had was cooked by Soneta, Ajaya's wife each morning and was delicious. Each evening Ajaya asked what time we would like breakfast the next day and when we came to the breakfast room, there was a brilliant breakfast waiting for us. We had a choice of cereals, fresh fruit, toast and honey, home-made very tasty omelette etc. It was wonderful and really set us up for the day.

The location of Krishna's house is also great. It is just a few minutes walk to several shops, eateries etc and a short walk to Bhaktapur Durbar Square.

The best part of our stay at Krishna's House was the hospitality. Ajaya's family really made us feel at home and they did everything to make us feel welcome and help us really experience the true Nepali culture. Ajaya is so knowledgeable and he happily shared his wisdom with us over a cup of tea. He gave us lots of brilliant advice on how to make the most of our short time in Nepal and thanks to him we managed to see and do so much. He also helped us arrange our trip from Bhaktapur to Dhulikel and he called ahead to ensure we got there safely and that things were organised for when we arrived.

A massive thanks goes to this amazing family for being so caring, welcoming, helpful and for really making our time there. We will definitely return to Krishna's house when back in Nepal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Curly_wanderer
Reviewed 3 May 2013

In March our family (with two kids on 6 and 13 years) traveled around in Nepal for 4 weeks. Our first accommodation was two nights in Krishna House in Bhaktapur (behind the blue gate ). The family-room was fine, the power the nepali way and the hot water solar heated. What brings our stay at Krishna House to the top was Yjayas hospitality and guidance. He welcomed us to his home and told us a lot of information about the city and what to see. We thank him and his family for a very fine arrival and warm welcome to Nepal – and not to forget – a wonderful and overwhelming breakfast. Namaste with our best recommendations.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family