“Great location in downtown Bhaktapur”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ganesh Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bhaktapur
Ganesh Guest House
Ranked #8 of 53 Bhaktapur B&B and Inns
Wickliffe, Ohio
“Great location in downtown Bhaktapur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

A nice little hotel with a rooftop restaurant. Located near everything in Bhaktapur. I am from Cleveland Ohio USA and have an extended family in Bhaktapur. the last tiem we were in Bhaktapur my friends house was being built and GGH took very good care of us. We were able to make our own food in the kitchen. Many Chinese tourists stay there because they can cook their own style chinese food. Also a great place to meet other travelers.

Room Tip: It is quest at night in Bhaktapur if there is not a festival going on, if so get a room in the rear.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pucol, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

The rooms were nice n clean. The attached toilets are too small. The rooms onto the street are noisy but the indoors ones are better. The location is superb! They have a nice rooftop terrace wwmere u can also order from the restaurant..but beware, its not a place for u to chill out. They get impatient if u dont order n they try to charge u comission for any food or drinks brought from outside. If that is their policy they should habe some signs up to warn dwellers ad not wait until its time to leave so they can overcharge. the managers attitude really disturbed our nice stau. There are so many ways of saying things, but he was just rude and aggressive. A real shame because his wife was quite helpful. Dare say the food wasgood but not at all the tastiest we have had in Nepal.

• Stayed November 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I think you pretty much get what you pay for with budget hotels in Nepal, but this was one of my least enjoyable because of the room. We booked a double room and got a triple room which was gloomy with no light (the ones on the front are much brighter) and mouldy bathroom door/walls. The bathroom was the smallest we've had and we ended up using the communal shower as we didn't have a proper shower head. However, the staff were lovely, the bedding was clean (with extra blankets which was much needed) and the breakfast was really good/good value for money. The wifi was reliable too. If I hadn't seen more inviting rooms in budget guesthouses for a very similar price, I may not have thought anything of it. However, this was the cheapest guesthouse and, overall, despite the room, it was good value for money.

Room Tip: Choose one on the front with more light or ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Pokhara, Nepal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this guesthouse three times and every time I had a wonderful experience.

The rooms are old style, clean and inexpensive. The family is lovely.

The best room, in my opinion, is the one facing the street on the right (corner). They also have a dormitory upstairs.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We originally booked to stay for 3 nights but stayed for 7! The family are all really friendly and approachable.

They have a baby girl, young boy and a dog so it can get a bit noisy sometimes. This however was a small price to pay for the best guesthouse in Nepal.

We stayed through Tihar festival and the owner put on a party for Newari New Year. We made our own mandalas from coloured sand, had a really beautiful puja session and ate Nepali Thali until we were full to burst. Not to mention the unlimited Rakshi (home brew)!

The rooms at the back of the building (we stayed in 120) were a little quieter than the front as you get less noise from the street.

The WiFi was quick and the food was cheap and delicious. The restaurant area was great for meeting lots of fellow travellers.

• Stayed November 2013
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I had a great stay at this guesthouse. I spent my last night in Nepal here and really needed a peaceful escape on a small budget and Ganesh Guest House delivered! The location is fantastic, within walking distance to all the sights. There is a great view from the balcony. I had a room with a small bed and bathroom. The facilities were simple but clean and they served great food in the kitchen/common area upstairs. The wifi was fast and pretty reliable, given that it was Nepal!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank G M
Fuquay-Varina, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Originally I was going to stay in Bhaktapur only 1 or 2 days. Because of my great experience at Ganesh Guest House I ended up staying 5 days! I wanted to spend as little as possible, so Ganesh Guest House fit the bill (about $5 US/night). The room was just what I needed - a big fairly comfortable bed (NOT the half size mattress things you find throughout Nepal), my own bathroom (yes small, but it has a removable shower head and things were pretty clean), and the owner is super super nice. Not only is he a personable guy, he took me around Bhaktapur to show me the sites. He also arranged for a traditional Newari dinner for me. On my last night there was live traditional Nepali music - the kind of thing that is so magical, informal, and amazing!! The guests there are really nice - a mix of hippie/artist and Euro/Aussie backpackers. If you are a solo/female traveler you will feel comfortable and like part of the family - they have a baby girl, an older boy, and a dog :) The only thing I wish would change is the amount of smoking, so if you are physically or mentally bothered by smokers it may be a problem. By the way, this place is in such a good location - not super quiet, but centrally located to all the sites in Bhaktapur. You cannot get lost in this place...all roads lead you back to a square and from there the guest house :) The Kutumba Lounge outside the main gate is a good place to get some vegetarian Newari food (not too many other places because everyone Newari eats it at home!). Even though the owner will let you check your email on his computer, if you are out and about and want to check, The Surfer's Edge is the best cyber cafe in my opinion. Overall a great laid back stay in Bhaktapur - cleaner and smaller/less crazy compared to Kathmandu ;)

Room Tip: I stayed in room 120 (I think) at the bottom of the stairs. It has its own bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ilovehoodriver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bhaktapur
Shiva Guest House1 & 2
#4 of 53 in Bhaktapur
Golden Gate Guest House
Golden Gate Guest House
#20 of 53 in Bhaktapur

Been to Ganesh Guest House? Share your experiences!