“Do not stay in this hotel”
Review of Hotel Namaskar

Hotel Namaskar
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Biratnagar
Hotel Namaskar
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Biratnagar
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Do not stay in this hotel”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

If you want a peaceful time in your room and good service, do not stay in this hotel. The rooms were dirty and toilet were not clean. I found cockroaches and lizards roaming around in my room. When there was a load-shedding, the generator would make loud noises and I couldnt sleep at night. I couldnt work during day time because the lights went off and couldnt charge my laptop. They only switch on the generator at night, which becomes too noisy to concentrate on anything. Staffs were not friendly and food wasnt good. I recommend not to stay in this hotel. I moved out the next day and stayed in Eastern Star which was much better.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
13 Thank ladygreen g

Couples
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I have stayed here a number of times and have usually found the staff friendly and helpful. The best asset is the location, right at the main chowk in the town centre with plenty of places to eat, shops and cyber cafes a few stops away. Although in the town centre, it is away from the main road in a large gated compound so gets little traffic noise. The upstairs rooms are better than those on the ground floor, which I found a bit run down and get a lot of noise from the generator during load shedding. I think the ground floor rooms were slightly cheaper. The bathrooms in all the rooms could do with a re-fit. The restaurant and bar is pleasant enough. Food is good, although the speed of service is very mixed. I have stayed in most hotels in Biratnagar, and this is probably the best value.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
9 Thank malangwa
Rajbiraj
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Most unpleasant stay ever in a hotel.The receptionist Mr Prakash know probably nothing about the kind of hospitality that is expected in a hotel. Room No 119 doesn't meet the standard of a deluxe room in anyway. Room service of food item is jumbled up and service men enter your room with not even a knock. And also be ready to pay right after every meal or food you take. Expect dirty bed sheet and pillow cover and delayed service.
I might be a bad looking person but I knew I visited the hotel in capacity of a customer.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank puru29
sydney
Reviewed 29 July 2009

i was there for a business trip. huge loadshading prob but thank god hotel had the generator service.staff were friendly as it is run by a family.since biratnagar is a business city and customer were more from india communication was neva a prob even english was ok based.
hotel is located,,in centralll of city so very handyyyyy and even during the strike it was safe as police station is centrally located near the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Hamburg
Reviewed 26 March 2009

We called the hotel several times to make sure we would get a transfer from airport to hotel. No one was there when we arrived on time. Why? "Taxi was not availlable." Well, except for the 15 taxi drivers waiting for a customer there. Thanks for being so reliable!

The receptionist saw us struggling with our bagage but did nothing until we asked for someone to help. Thanks for being so helpful!

We went out for a short walk up the street. When we came back our key was not at the reception but stuck OUTSIDE the door of our room. The maid who put it there did not do anything like cleaning up but was roaming around somewhere else in the hotel. Fortunately nothing had been stolen. Thanks for taking so good care of our belongings!

In the evening we passed the reception to the restaurant where we waited for two hours to meet a friend. He did not show up. When we finally asked the receptionist he told us that our friend had already asked for us. He was there just before we had come back to the hotel to meet him in the restaurant. Thanks for telling us two hours later!

At night it was noisy. We had moskitos, cockroaches and geckoes in our room. The bathroom was worn out, ugly and filthy. The aircondition did not work while electricity came from the hotel generator (during the load shedding hours you had to accept all over the country).

Probably Hotel Xenial is a better choice but we have not been there

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
9 Thank jokerst

Been to Hotel Namaskar? Share your experiences!