“Broken Toilet Flush in Room 12”
Review of HEM Apartelle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vigan
HEM Apartelle
Ranked #7 of 30 Vigan B&B and Inns
malabon
“Broken Toilet Flush in Room 12”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed here on Nov. 23-24, 2012. The room that we got has three double decks. it's room 12 located on the first floor near the reception area. rate is 500 per person but kids below 12 years are free of charge. two security guards are the only persons in that apartelle. they just hire somebody to clean the room.

pros
- room is very clean and looks new
- there is water heater
- they provide towels and tissue
- they have a ministore in the reception area where you can buy affordable toilettries and snacks
- it's just 5-min walk away from the famous calle crisologo

con
- the toilet's flush in our room was not working. I told it to the guard but he just gave me a plunger to pump the toilet myself. ewww!
he was apologetic though and insisted that it was the first time it happened. lucky me. i didn't want to clean it myself and asked him to transfer us to another room but there was no more available room. so he just cleaned the toilet himself and gave us a key to room 23 on the
2nd floor so we can use its bathroom. seems like it's the apartelle owner's room. but we did not use it.

I would like to note that the security guards are polite, helpful, and honest. They returned my father's cellphone and reading glasses when he forgot it when we checked out. I could have given this apartelle a VERY GOOD rate if not only to the broken toilet flush issue.

in case you plan to stay there and they give you room 12, confirm first if the toilet flush is already fixed.

Room Tip: room 12's toilet flush is broken. ask for another room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rozanne b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Quezon City
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We arrived in Vigan late at night. We checked the rates of other hotels and they were expensive. We chanced upon Hem Apartelle and decided to ask for their rates. It was Php 500 per person and we were 3.

As the other reviews have said, the apartelle was very basic. It contained just beds and a table. No closets. But it was clean and the beds were firm but comfortable. The shower was very narrow and the bathroom was a bit of a tight squeeze, but again, it was clean. There was a hot and cold shower, which was great as we were weary from our trip.

They do not serve food but you can order breakfast from a nearby restaurant or canteen and have it delivered to the inn. Also, Abuelita's resto is just around the corner.

Hem is located near Calle Crisologo, about 5 minutes' walk.

Room Tip: It's not really a room tip, but here's a tip anyway: Try the sinanglaw at Gloria's near...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank biyay2
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Very basic accommodation. But clean rooms, good beds, and plumbing worked well. Central location in Vigan. No restaurant facilities on site, but many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Bart S
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I. Reservation

At first, I was worried because when I texted them, they just told me that they would reserve the room for me on the specified date but didn't ask me to pay any down payment which bothered me because this is the first time I encountered an inn to not request a down payment for a reservation. Nevertheless, when we arrived there the check in was smooth.

II. Arriving in the Hotel

We arrived around 9AM which is very early for their standard check in time but since our rooms were vacant, they allowed us to check in early with no extra charge.

III. The Location and the Hotel

The hotel is not in Calle Crisologo. It's a 5-7 minute walk to the famous street in Vigan. The three-storey hotel is just a small family-owned business. The family has more businesses as we were informed.

IV. The Amenitites and Staff

There is no cafe or restaurant in the hotel. It's basically just a lodging house but some snacks and beverage are available in the reception area. There's also a canteen in front of it so it's not much of a problem. The rooms are big and clean. Though the CR's is small and the pressure of the shower is not that strong.

The furniture in the rooms don't look cheap at all, and they look brand new. The hotel gives you a very homey feel. During our second day, a brownout occurred but it only took about 5mins before the generator kicked in.

The male receptionist acts as an all-around staff of the hotel. He also acts as the security guard and is also friendly. During 1PM everyday house keeping is done to ALL ROOMS. I liked the fact that you don't have to request for it. And you might find it amusing that the cleaners are the personal house helpers of the family.

Conclusion:

If you're on a budget, this is a very good hotel choice. P1000/night on an airconed room doesn't sound bad right? I really can't help but think that we stayed in a place worth paying more. With the room condition, I can say the hotel can even charge 1,500 per night. Also, the snacks offered in the hotel are cheaper compared outside.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
17 Thank Meisaia