“Very satisfied!”
Review of HEM Apartelle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vigan
HEM Apartelle
Ranked #7 of 30 Vigan B&B and Inns
“Very satisfied!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

They immediately respond to inquiries or calls back immediately when they missed out your call. They have flexible policies and considerate enough to their guest request/s.

For a budget hotel, I'm surprised how clean and tidy our room was. Everything functions well (aircon, TV, heater and wifi) but they do not offer meal of all sorts. But don't worry, restaurants are just nearby.

The cost for twin room is P1000.00. It is located just one block away from Calle Crisologo.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Titay G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

One of the best budget rooms you'll ever stay in! Can't sing enough praise. Room is ultra-clean, hot showers, free Wifi, air-con, TV, towel and very comfy beds. Great value at p600 for cheapest room and ideal location. Staff very helpful and friendly even changing towels and linen when I pleaded with them not to save energy - They insisted!
Suits backpackers or holiday-makers and also a terrace on the top to people-watch below!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank jgp1991
United States
Reviewed 1 February 2014

A basic, clean hotel at the center of Vigan. It reminds me of backpackers and youth hostels and with its affordable price including free breakfast, it's a good alternative for travelers on a budget. I stayed in a room with bunk beds good for six since it was the only one available then but I was not charged extra. There' s a separate wash area with a big basin (if you need to do some minor washing) and a bathroom with toilet. Has cable tv and wifi although its kind of slow. The only thing that was a bit off was the access to the rooms where I stayed. It was beside the reception and space is quite tight. They put a divider so from reception, people will not see who is coming and going in the rooms. The television is on the wall and on one side on the upper part only. People staying on the top bunk can see the tv and the ones below will have trouble viewing. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Vinroy
Reviewed 28 November 2013

At first the hotel looked perfectly fine to us. Room was basic but clean. The hotel staff promised us free wifi, hot/cold shower airco and TV for P1000. All fine, we checked in and that's when the disappointment started. At first there was no WiFi. Staff knew this but did not tell us anything and just gave us the password. When we asked if it was possibly not working they said they knew. Why could they not tell us that straight away? Well, no WiFi.. still fine, we don't mind too much. When we wanted to take a shower there seemed to be NO water running out of the shower. Not even cold water. We asked the staff member about this and he said there was no water in the entire building. Then he admitted that we were the only guests with this problem and he didn't bother too much about it. We asked for a room move. Not possible. Hotel fully booked. We asked for some kind of discount since we had to pay for a shower and wifi and both didn't work. No discount possible. Eventually I had to came up with the idea myself if we could shower in the dorm room. That was possible. Only cold shower though. This room was under renovation. The staffmember asked me if we wanted to extend for the next day. I told him yes but to please move us to antoher room is possible. He would try to arrange this.
The next morning there was another staff member at the reception and when I came down and asked him if we could extend it was not possible anymore all of a sudden. He told us that we could move to the dorm room that was under construction and with only cold shower for the same rate!!! I couldn't believe what I've heard. I told him about all the troubles last night. He didn't know about it and didn't care either. We refused to stay in an unfinished dormitory for P1000 so we checked out. This hotel is fine as long as you don't have any problems. As soon as there is something wrong/not working it's too bad for you. The staff doesn't care and they are lying as well. They just want to make as much money as possible. I understand this is a budget hotel and we are really used to the lowest standards and we don't ask for much but honestly, this was disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank fjopreis
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed with a group, excellent value for money for groups on a tight budget. Its very close to Calle Crisologo and within the heritage district. Will stay here again, this time bringing in my family. The light at the shower room was broken--we had to shower while a door was open to let some light in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank backpacker1023
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed with three friends on October 20, 2013.

This is one of the nice, budget friendly hotels in Vigan especially that it is right inside
the heritage area. Booking was quite easy and the caretaker readily replied to my queries. Room was 500 per night complete with a TV, a nice bathroom, closets, tables and comfortable beds (which is nice considering that it is just 500 night).

Location is superb, it is just at the back of Calle Crisologo and other dining options are accessible within 5 minutes of walking from the hostel.

Hostel has a good balcony overlooking the Vigan skyline where you can smoke and chat with other travellers (lucky for us, we were just the customers that night).

My only problem is that their wifi signal is inconsistent (it needs to be reset regularly, but the attendants are willing to do it) and their showers don't work at midnight (I guess they turn it off during the night). Nevertheless, it was a decent stay at a pretty decent price, something that backpackers on a budget would love.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank rehey121488
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 16 March 2013

LOCATION
- This is always important, eh?
- It's 2 (?) small/tiny blocks away from Calle Crisologo
- The tricycle driver I got didn't really know the place
- It seems that HEM's water is more popular, which is also owned by HEM's Apartelle
- Because of this, I took photos of the shops on the left and right side of the Apartelle
- Facing the building, there's a hardware on the right called Tan Pue Sia Hardware
- On the left, there's a computer shop called "Planet Earth"
- I'm not sure of the full name but I think it's "Planet Earth Computer Center" or something like that
- Vigan is tiny
- Depending on the person, but for me, the major attraction is only in Calle Crisologo
- So wherever you stay around Calle Crisologo should be okay

ROOM
- 500pesos per person per night
- With a/c, cable tv, hot and cold shower
- Towels are also provided
- The room was very clean, very basic, but very clean
- The beds were of course not 5-star quality, but they are very comfortable to sleep in
- Although it may be a bit hard for some people
- My back is very sensitive to really hard beds/surfaces, but theirs was just right, it didn't give me back pains at all
- The shower area was really tiny though
- But since you won't spend all your time in the shower area anyway, this should not be much of a problem
- Unless probably if you are a really big person
- I'm pretty tall and had to hold the shower thingy on my hand so I can clean my head/hair properly

STAFF
- I think I mainly dealt with 1 staff
- He was the guard, the front desk, the bellboy(?) all rolled into one
- Remember that this is a small place
- The all-around guy was nice, helpful and polite

Overall:
- It's excellent for its price
- I don't have anything to complain about
- I would definitely stay here again when I go to Vigan

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank inutme