“My Home is our home”

My Vigan Home Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Speciality Lodging in Vigan
“My Home is our home”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed here for two days and it was like our home away from home. The old house is nicely maintained with authentic furniture and a cozy ambiance. The people were very nice and accommodating. They even gave us an itinerary for our trip around Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte. My Home is highly recommended for a stress-free stay. And it's a stone throw's away from Calle Crisologo and the Vigan plaza.

Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

The location of the hotel is very accessible to different restaurant, bank, must-see places and also the very famous Calle Crisologo. All you need, to enjoy your stay in Vigan is a walk away from My Vigan Home Hotel.

The vibe of the place, My Vigan Home, lived up to its name. Its very homey, comfortable and full of cultural ambiance. The interior design of the place is fresh yet ancestral vibe is there.

The staffs are friendly. you just have to ask and they'll help you out. Pricewise, its affordable and reasonable.

If you want to stay in Vigan, I would recommend My Vigan Home Hotel. Perfect place to stay to enjoy your Vigan experience:)

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Mc Pol C
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The moment we entered the hotel, I already fell in love with the place. The lobby is very spacious but not too big that it won't give you that homey feel.. The floor tiles were wonderful. Service was good. We reserved a room but it was not ready when we got there but they gave us a family room first to rest while waiting for our room to get ready. Loved the heritage, the balconahe in the rooms, the choice of furniture. Location is really good as it is a few steps away from Calle Crisologo. The breakfast is also good as it features the famous Vigan longganisa. Staff makes sure guests feel at home. The room is clean and comfortable. The water in the bathroom was not strong enough when we were there but it was still okay. The beds are perfect for a good night's sleep after your sight-seeing. I will definitely choose My Vigan Home again when I go to Vigan.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Reign-o
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Overall I had a pleasant and wonderful stay at this home hotel. It feels homey because of its look and feel.

I like staying at heritage homes such as this and I'm glad the hotel lived up to its expectations.

The hotel is conveniently located at the center of it all. Take a leisurely walk to nearby Calle Crisologo and other streets.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Ramon M
Marikina, Philippines
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We only stayed in Vigan one night, and found My Vigan Home Hotel as a walk-in. we choose it because it was clean, quiet, friendly, and not too expensive. Once we checked in, we noticed the original wooden doors, stairs, and beams, and loved the heritage we found. Look especially for the wooden hinges on the door to the dining area on the second floor.
As a bonus, the staff were very courteous, even when our calessa ride took longer than anticipated and we ended up checking out a bit late at 12.15.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Tanauan City, Philippines
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I liked the ambiance of MVH, keeping in character with the Heritage site of Vigan. You feel you arrived at your family house in the country. It is designed to look antiquated, but has the modern amenities. Good bathroom, comfortable beds and quite clean. The room smells nice, water is strong with hot and cold. It is a quiet place with a little garden and parking.
The staff were alright. The breakfast included in the package is nothing to rave about, although I loved the dining table where we ate. It was an inexpensive room, good for 3 persons, I would have liked to stay one more night if we were not on an itinerary. To travel so far from my home in Batangas, by car all the way to Pagudpod, about 14 hours, the My Vigan Home was a great find.
My Vigan Home's location is perfect, you can walk to the heritage site, the cathedral and the calesas who can bring you to other sights. Ride a calesa and you will feel transported in time, even if the motorized vehicles are all around you.
I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family. I will definitely be back to Ilocos Norte, once is not enough!

Room Tip: They show you the rooms before you check in, if you ask to see one. So you can choose. The room we...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed in My Vigan Home Hotel last March 2013 for a quick trip. We only stayed two nights but we enjoyed all there is to see in Vigan because the location of this hotel is perfect. Crisologo street (the main street part of the Unesco World Heritage Site) is just by the corner so everything is walking distance.

The hotel itself has very clean rooms (in fact, too clean, that when we first came in to our room it smells of disinfectant).

Since we did overnight driving from Manila, we arrived at 630am at the hotel. I have previously requested for an early check-in and even though our room is not yet ready, they kindly gave us the biggest room to sleep in for a few hours while we wait for the guests in our room to check out. Good service!

Before we did the power nap in the morning, I wanted to have our SUV cleaned as we travelled far and it was very dusty. I asked the in-house driver of the owner if there's a nearby place to have the car washed and he gladly volunteered to clean our car. I was impressed by this kind deed and helpfulness so we gave him a good tip for cleaning the car.

This is a short review but I think the best part of the experience in this hotel is the breakfast. Even though they only serve one kind of breakfast, I don't think I'll ever get tired of the famous VIGAN LONGGANISA with fried rice and egg. Yuuummmm.... there are many vigan longanisa out there but not all are good. They have the authentic one and the cook also told us where to buy it on the way home. Good service again.

The only downside of this hotel is that it can get a bit noisy at night. Because of the olden style and structure of houses, there are no sound proofing. You can hear the tricycles outside especially at night. On the second night though we got used to it and when you go around and are really tired, you'll fall into sleep easily.

The house is huge and has an airy feel to it. So even though it was hot when we came, inside the house it's cool. The rooms are airconditioned.

Last but not least, we all enjoyed the free massage chair by the living room which we used everytime we came back from our outings ;)

Room Tip: If you want a more quieter room, ask for the room by the kitchen.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family