“Never again”

Regency Hotel de Vigan
Ranked #24 of 31 Vigan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel few days ago. I was just so tired from travelling and this hotel is located near the bus terminal going to manila or laoag so i decided to stay here for a night.
I paid 900 pesos incl.breakfast for a single occupancy. I was not sure if she, the owner, put a kind of early check in fee coz i couldnt see anything at the front desk that the price was really that much.
ROOM:
Got really a single small room. the bathroom was not clean. no shower curtain and no hot water. toilet paper was brought from a nice girl which is the only one wearing a uniform. sometimes bit noisy due to some contruction work but it was ok.
BREAKFAST:
eggplant omelette with 1 small longganisa, rice and 1x 3 in 1 coffee. only filipino breakfast available.
STAFF:
texting the whole time! the boy was kind of disoriented everytime i asked something. the owner, she, was not really a help as i asked her where to go around vigan.

All in all. . this hotel needs a nice and guest oriented manager and well trained staff in hospitality. the location was good but its not worth it. better go to plaza the next time.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank smilingvahine

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have a very bad experience with Regency Hotel in vigan i have been travelling for 10 years coz of may work and i have never been treated this way before, may bags and belongings had been taken out of may hotel room because of their 12 pm check out time when i was only 8 minutes late and they take out may belongings in the front desk but they left may personal towel in the room. the staff and the hotel management has no respect to their hotel guest...I would never return and check-in to that freak hotel and advise may friends and those who have read may comments not try on that such ill mannered hotel staff and owner of that hotel..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank john g
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We booked with this hotel online 3 mths before our arrival date as we liked the idea that it was newly opened.

There is not a hotel guest parking lot. Guest parking is shared with the market shoppes street parking.

The hotel is located immediately behind a commercial building that you have to pass through. You will pass a nice little garden area before entering the hotel lobby. Beside the front desk was a nice, but small sitting area. The dining area was within a few feet of the front desk, with several inexpensive looking dining furniture. Across the dining area was what appeared to be a bar/lounging area that was in the process of being built.

The hotel was designed for cool airflow to the lobby/dining areas and floor hallways, all open to the hot weather temps air. We could feel the warm, unfortunately not cool, breeze.

There is no elevator for this hotel. Thankfully, we were on the second floor. However, it still proved to be a challenge to go up and down the stairs at least twice a day for members of our group who were in their 70's and even for younger members who were tired and hot, not looking forward to climbing the hot stairwell.

Unfortunately, when our group of 12 attempted to check in, we discovered there were "issues" with not having our rooms ready. Two rooms with king size beds were requested but these were not available. We had to wait 30 mins before we were escorted to rooms with two queen size beds.

The rooms facing the garden area were of nice size. The air conditioned rooms were very clean and seemed modern enough for a small town. However, the windows of one room our party had was facing an immediate concrete wall and their room was very tight with space. The modern bathroom sink basin was uncomfortably higher then standard sinks. Some rooms, all on the same floor, had hot water, others did not (not a horrible feature since the cool showers were welcomed after being out in the hot weather temps). The beds were firm and comfortable. The towel decor on our beds was a nice feature. There were only two single use electrical outlets in the room, which made it a challenge to charge cell phones, and other electrical devices. In order to charge a second device, we had to disconnect the tv plug. Wifi was available on each floor lobby, incl our room that was beside the lobby.

A complimentary prepared breakfast was provided. Each night, the hotel staff would take our orders for the next morning breakfast. The hotel was small enough, the same staff worked daily during our 3 day stay. They knew us and did not need to remember our room #'s, which was helpful as we had to turn in our room keys to the front desk whenever we left the hotel.

There were other hotels, though older, in the city of Vigan. We can't help but wonder what would it have been like to stay in one of those hotels.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms beside the central lobby/lounge - had wifi and hot water.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wifeNmommy
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel is quite new. The location is just in front of the Vigan City market and is near the central bus station. Behind it is the Vigan cemetery. It is a few blocks away from the heritage sites -and if you don't mind walking under the hot sun then you can stay in this hotel. I got this hotel using agoda. I travelled with my family of 3 adults, 1 child and a baby. We wanted to go to Vigan for our school long break and to eat my favorite Vigan empanadas. I paid 3,300 pesos for a family suite, which is good for 4 persons with breakfast.

Here's what I have observed, parking is AT YOUR OWN RISK. The hotel doesn't have its own parking spot. The hotel building is found behind the shopping complex in front of the market. The parking area is where the mall customers park and is right next to the street. It tends to be very crowded during daytime, and no uniformed security guard to man the area.

As you enter the area, you have to enter the shopping complex first before you reach the hotel facade. The hotel has an open air lobby - i.e. no doors, their dining area is also open, no airconditioning system and was quite dark at 3pm. The hotel owner/manager who I spoke to when I enter was not very friendly and was arrogant. For a hotel owner, she should have learned good customer service and should always SERVE with a smile. We were assigned to room 303 and we have to walk up a flight of stairs to reach the room with our luggages. There are no elevators in the building and all floors and hallways have CCTVs which the hotel owner watches on her iPad. Hotel personnels do not wear uniforms - we don't know who the employees are in this hotel. What you want for breakfast the next day is asked as soon as you checked in.

The rooms looked clean but in actuality it wasn't THAT clean. At most, maintenance personnel should make sure that the tables, 2 LCD TVs and the bible on the table are clean. It was so obvious that it hasn't been wiped. The room is really small. The family suite we got had a loft with narrow spiral steps leading to it. It had 2 bathrooms which were not designed well. The hot water is only available in the showers and not on the sink. The basin is very high for me. You need to be at least 5'4 ft to be able to reach the water in the basin. There were 3 uncomfortable beds.

On our second day, we had to call the front desk to check the water availability in our room. We asked why there was no water coming out in the faucets - and the receptionist said that there were a lot of people using the water. If that's the case, since they are running a hotel, they should be aware that water is used anytime and all the time. They should have a good water reserve.

There was an attempt to have an exercising area, which is found in the top floor. Just by going up the steps with no air con is enough to sweat everything you've eaten during the day.

At breakfast, they don't have other available foods. Fresh milk isn't available for those who drink milk in the morning. Instant coffee is served instead of brewed coffee and instant milo is served. Expect to eat in a very humid area. There was only one running electric fan available for 6 tables full of people.

Would I recommend this to my friends? No. Even if the hotel greatly improves, I would recommend people to get inns/hotels at the plaza instead.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the 2nd floor - has better water source. Plus if you brought a lot of luggage, you o...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rbdsantiago
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed in this place last feb 2013, .,,the service is poor especially the management and the front desk attendant ...the room is not clean and WiFi connection is weak...I would never return to this place nor recommend to anyone.waste of money and time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank noicy
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in all sorts of hotels/inns, this is by far the worst we have been to. Let me start with their correspondence. You would think just because they are new and have a website, they deal with clients professionally. Uh-uh, they do not. I did my reservations online and made a bank deposit for my payment (which I paid an extra service charge). I had to call after a day to ask for my confirmation receipt since I have not received any. The office number just rang. Called the mobile numbers and was finally answered by a woman. I was talking in English but the woman kept on speaking in their dialect. So I switched to Filipino. And the woman finally spoke in Filipino too. Ofcourse by this time my tone was irritable already bcoz the woman would not let me finish my inquiry. After saying the purpose of my call, I put down the phone and checked my email again. That's when I found their reply to my email in the Junk folder bcoz they changed and misspelled the subject line. Anyways, I confirmed receipt by text and the woman called back shouting at me saying they got my payment and again not letting me speak. I just texted back to let them know that I wish our stay would be pleasant.
We arrived past 3pm on our check in date and since their map says it was walking distance from the terminal, we just walked. We asked atleast 3 trike drivers and no one knew of the hotel. This is when I called the hotel, again no one answered the office number. And finally found it when they said it was beside Jollibee. (Well they should have placed that on the map!).
Checking in took about 10 mins and when we got to the room, I saw red ants near the door. I told the bellboy about it but he just brushed it off with his feet! Inside the room, he did not even showme where the a/c remote was. I was the one who turned it on. The room was loft type and was small. We are just staying overnight so it was okay for us. My kids stayed in the upstairs area wc had its own CR, but when my daughter was about to use the lavatory, something floating was found! Remember that we just arrived!
The next day, only 3 of us were able to take a bath because there was no water! I told the woman in the front desk but all she replied was , "didn't I tell you about the water?". Duh! If I had known there was a water curfew I wouldn't call you. Least they could do was put a sign in the room saying about this.
Breakfast was so-so, paid 150pesos for a meal I could get at Jollibee for less than 100 bucks!
Checked out early, 9am, since we'd rather get out of that place than complain to its management!

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank MsJiggsaw
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here because I was referred by one of the owners relative. I got a discount because because of that. They gave me a double bed room because there was no more one bedroom available but the owner kept telling me that they don't do that as a practice but only because of there relative, next time I should pay more if I want that room. I didn't want that room I just needed a room so next if ill be charged more I will not stay here.

The room was clean and decent, actually better than what I've expected. Wifi is bad. Location is good. Staffs are nice but the place could be better if someone with knowledge on hotel operations were hired.

• Stayed: February 2013