Baloy Sunrise Apartelle
US$108
US$94
  • Pool
Whiterock Waterpark and Beach Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
US$493
Excellent 5/5
All reviewswater tankhotel roomstovegroceriesstorephotoswifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The lite in the stairway was out one nite making it necessary to walk down pitch black stairs
We stayed 3 days and never saw anyone who looked like security,which I consider essential in Philippines, especially at the end of a dirt road in middle of nowhere
Location: Bad! towards end of dirt road with large potholes filled with rainwater for 3 days making walking and trike travel awful
Bulb was missing in liv area
Room is right behind a big hen house. 4 or 5 roosters start at 5 am every morning making sleep impossible
No food or drink available even though list of prices posted on outside wall
Toilet didn't always work. Low water pressure.
'Tried to check out after one nite but said my cr card would be charged for other nights! Felt like I was being "held up"!
Wifi password didn,t work
Informed that cleaning was only every other day, although in information in room, it said "Every day"!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Jim B
Jorgen M, Direktør at Baloy Sunrise Apartelle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Staff,

Mr. Becker booked in via Asia Rooms in the period Sept 12 - 15, 2013. When he arrived he was very angry and upset that our Apartelle not was situated directly on the beach. The staff explained him that in Asia Rooms webiste it was stated we are 150 meters from the Beach and the same in our own web-site. He was very rude and did not want to check in. Our staff explained him he must pay for his 3 days booking because we did not commit any fake advertissement. He checked in - but the next day he continued being rude with arguement and wants to check out. Our staff again asked for 3 days payments before checking out. We think Mr. Becker is around 80 - 90 years old and did not really understand the explantion of our staff even it is not an excuse.

AN OUTCOME of these fake complaints is to destroy our very good reputation and take revenge
that we would not follow him.

1. At that time we had 8 long term guest and nobody complaint about missing lite. We have lite switches all over, ground- 1st and 2nd floor so everyone can turn on light for stairs and balcony.
Accoding to our checklist ourr maid always turn on lite outside 5pm. and off 6 am.

2. Mr. Becker stated no security. We have security guárd house about 20 meters from our Apartelle maned 24 hours and local police going around from 6 pm till 6 am. Mr. Becker also stated we are in the middle of nowhere. From Baloy Main Road to the end about 300 meters away there are 8 resorts, some with few some with many Apt., Therefore, lie again. I have already named the Resort to Mr. Becket w/o response.

3. Mr. Becker is some right. The road is not in the best condition in the rainy season like most roads in the Philippines. Yes, there are small holes in the road somewhere. However, no complaints from our long term guest.

4. Before guest check in we double check our apartelle. All bulbs were working at that time. If a bulb not is working anymore we will change immediately. Our staff live in the same building.

5. There is not hen house in the back of our apartelle. There is a Prawn Hatchery w/o any noise. However, all over the Phillipines there are hens - we can not avoid that. No other guest has ever complained.

6. We do not advertisse with food. We have a signboard with softdrinks for sale in the reception.

7. Toilet flushing is working but we admit sometimes low pressure if many guest use at the same time or our water-supply not is enough from the Water Company. If we are aware then we will switch on our own deep-well immediately.

8. Almost correct response from Mr. Becker but of course he was not held-up. His obligation is just to pay like other guest.

9. Wi Fi password is working and each apartelle has its own password to secure our guest to avoid hacking and have the higest speed as possible.

10 Cleaning is every day for daily guest - probably he did not observe the cleaning when he was out most of the time.

I did write a politely e-mail to Mr. Becker and he responded in a rude way. Most what he stated in this e-mail was changed/opposite from this re-view. We really think this old man is confused.

I have requested Mr. Becker for a meeting with our staff and our attorney because our staff has been grossly insulted and he wants to destroy our repuatation. It seems, still he does not want to submit his present address. If Mr. Becker does not want to participate in a meeting then our Attorney Perez in Olonagpo will executed a summon. It is costly and takes time to find Mr. Becker but I am sure we will and he will take the witness stand in the Court. This must serve as a lesson for him and other unscrupulous people.

Like other Resort we have mistakes but do our best to correct asap.

To be honest we have the higest occupancy rate in the whole area which is 84,3 % this year and last year 81.2%
90% of our guest stay monthly or even yearly.

I am waiting for your response and please delete this fake response from Mr. James Becker.

Kindly regards,

Jorgen Mortensen
Booking and Accounting Manager

copy to: Owner Milagros Escalo
Attorney Gene Perez, Olongapo City

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Almost desperate to find a place for my family to stay last weekend due to the last minute rush, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise that most of the hotels I inquired at were fully-booked. I was very fortunate to have landed on this apartelle and be accommodated by the most good-hearted and friendly staff and owner. I was suprised to find out that Mr. Mortensen is currently in Denmark as he was the one patiently responding to all my (rather annoying) queries last week. The place was much better than I expected, considering the price and that there's no need to give initial payment or deposit. We almost checked-out without paying! They just simply do not care about your payment; they're all after your comfort and convenience. This is not your typical Business As Usual place; this is your home away from home. Thank you Ms. Tere for letting us bug you in the middle of the night! We'll definitely go back to this place and refer to friends, if the need arises. Once again, THANK YOU and MAY GOD BLESS YOU MORE AND MORE! ~Eloisa, Carl and Isabella Bautista

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
18  Thank Ma Eloisa B
Jorgen M, Manager at Baloy Sunrise Apartelle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry I did not response before now. We have been so busy all the year around and also I have been abroad most of the time, however, it is not an excuse for not responding.
A matter a fact is, that many resorts owner or managers do not want to respond, especially if their resorts are running well.
One of the reason is also, that TripAdvisor sometimes allow guest to write irrelevant re-views which has nothing to do with the resort itself. Also TripAdvisor allow sometimes guest hate-speech, assult etc. from guest and owners/managers can not do anything.

We hope we will see you again and one again thanks for your re-view

Jorgen Mortensen

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Sometimes , should you be smarter and do not write anything.
But when people are nice to me, will I repay it, as write this review.
One of the biggest problem with Sunrise is that they are very popular and then often full booked.
Beacuse it is such a very good place to live.
And I am afraid this review will make it more popular..

Sunrise rooms are like an apartement, it has nearly everything you need .
I have been to many places in the world, and has lived in hotelrooms the last 3 years.
This is the best room , I have lived in.

I had a very good bed, a big refrigator with a big freezer, new stove, Microwave,.toaster, A new 31 inch flatscreen televison, with a USB contact,, so I could plug in my small external hardisk and watch Tv series or movies that I had downloaded, photos and music too.
A silent Air condtion, with temperatur control ( Sometimes can AC in other hotels be very loud and either to cold or warm)
And you had a table and chairs outside your terrace .

Sunrise is like living in a apartment.
As live in a hotel apartement, where you can make your own food, can make your life easier and cheaper..
Why go out every morning to a restaurant to eat breakfast, when you cheap and easy can make a few eggs and bacon and toast some bread, very fast.in your room,
Sunrise sells beer and soda to nice prices from their reception.
But they also sold 20 liter distellied water tank from booth Sunris 1 and 2 for 50 peso.
So you do not need to carry this heavy water tank from a store.

If I should find something negative with Sunrise, ( Nothing is perfect and if a review is to perfect, is it lesser believed)
The staff in Sunrise is very nice and helpfull, and clean your room very good.

This is only small problems.
The bathroom faucet broke,but was replaced same day.
The kitchen faucet also broke, but was not never repaired: I could have push them more to fix it, but I easly used the emergency faucet under the sink,so I got water.
The terrace door lock broke, but was replaced next day.
Sunrise has a little special wifi system, where you have to log in every 6 hours.
They said this system is to make it equal for all guests, personally it annoyed me little.
Also that it took some time to get log in first time...
But I got use to this system after some time, so no big problem.
So the only small negative thing with Sunrise, is that service could be litle faster and better.
I live in Sunrise over 2 months, so of course things will broke down and other problems will happen.

And I will very soon come back to live for longer time.
Well, this was my review of Sunrise, one of the best hotel room I have lived in.

You can find cheaper places like apartements in Baretto, But then must you often pay a month depostitum, And sad to say have I heard stores where the owner, often Phillipine owner, has disapeared or will not give you al depositum back when you will move out.
Maybe bigger rooms, but often a old Television , stove, AC and old furniture and bad bed.

Now, shall I write little more about Baretto and Barretto baloy beach, based on my two months visit there and also explain why I like to live in this place.

The beach is very close to Sunrise, and I like to sit close to the water and have a drink at a restaurant and look out at the calm sea and hopefully get some refresing breeze.Sadly, is the water little pollution, even that i often see phillipines swim in it .Sunrise do not have a swimmingpool, but as I have understand have they a deal with Treasure Island hotels swimmingpool , that is close to Sunrise.That you can use their pool for free.
I would use little money there to be sure.
Hotel Ettan has also a nice swimmingpool, that you can use if you consume for 350 peso each person. Or Wild Orchide blue crystal clear swimmingpool for 500 peso each consume.

Nearly all restaurant and bar in Baloy beach are open 24 hours .And there is several of them
Johan dive hotel and restaurant, simple and cheap food and drinks 24 hours.
Ettan restaurant, also 24 hours , but only a very good pizza at night.
And Blue Rock has maybe one of the best food in Asia, has some told me
And it is safe to walk at Baloy beach at night from Getaway to Harley.
But from Harley to town at night, would i maybe use a Trix to be totally safe.

In Baretto town , a 15 minutts walk or a trix to 50 peso, Is it a lot of restaurants, stores and marked,
Where I use to buy all my groceries very cheap
An also a night life, with all kind of bars .
That was one thing I liked with living at Baloy beach, nice places to eat and drink, without a lot of girls that bother you. Very quiet too...

How to get to Baretto.
From Clark airport or Angeles city, is it tourist bus that take you to Baretto beach and back for 500 peso each way, around one and a half hour drive.
Enjoy Baretto town and beach.

Room Tip: I have lived in Sunrise 1 and 2, Not really a big difference, but sorry, Which room I liked best will be my secret.lol
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
14  Thank Chrismic59
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Good service and very clean. Apartelle perfect for 2 people. Only problem is very hard to book in high season because mostly fully booked up. By experience we have already booked for the whole month of October. It is the 3rd time we have been in Sunrise.

Room Tip: Book in long time before you will stay, specially in the peak season
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We really liked our stay in Baloy Sunrise, Subic Bay. Sunrise Apartelle is a very nice accomadation with private kitchen with all necessary appliances. You can cook your own food without any problems even easy to eat out with plenty of restaurants both International and Local and all with reasonable price. Few minutes to the Beach both from Sunrise 1 and 2. High service and very friendly staff who all belongs to the family. We stayed there 14 days and will for sure come back in April.
Dave and Margaret

Room Tip: Book in early because most of the time occupied
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple