“Thanks to owner and staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Subic
Baloy Sunrise Apartelle
Ranked #3 of 11 Subic B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed with our 2 children in a 2 bedroom aparetlle in April. We were recommended Sunrise by some friends. Everything was much more than expected and really value for our money,
For example all needed kitchen appliances so we were able to cook ourselves. Brand new flat screen TV with about 75 channels so also our kids were able to see their favourites.
Thanks for everything and we will come back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
20  Thank Poul A
There are newer reviews for Baloy Sunrise Apartelle

Reviewed 28 February 2014

First time at this place and enjoyed it. Baloy beach is not the best beach you will ever visit and the road down it is a disgraceful, potholed mess but that's nothing to do with the apartelle.
The room was clean and tidy, well appointed and comfortable.
The kitchen had everything I needed and the staff friendly.
The room was cleaned daily. The bathroom was a little small but everything worked and was perfectly acceptable.
The air con worked well and the tv was fine with a good channel coice. DVD player also provided.
I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
19  Thank Bullseye1966
Jorgen M, Manager at Baloy Sunrise Apartelle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Sir, thanks so much for your re-view of our Apartelle. We are doing or best for our guest but nobody is perfect and we also want to improve. You are right that our road is not in the best conditions. However, our monthly and yearly guest accept that because they have so many benefits/advantages.
In ten years I have had meetings after meetings with the Developer who promised us, road and drainage system - sad to say nothing happen.
Your re-view has been kept in a very good language and is relevant.
We hope you will visit us again but please book in asap because mots of the time we are fully booked up.
Thanks from Jorgen Mortensen

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I booked for 2 br unit, when I arrive was only 1 room with lounge and extra mattress, I emailed the owner Jorgen to ask for my deposit money back, he insisted that it was what we agreed on, but he was a liar. he never give me my money back, KARMA will hit u bad. his wife Mila very rude she yelled at my husband, Please tourist people don't stay there,. plus they don't look very secured at all. Sunrise not recommended to anyone. this is the worse place I have ever been in Subic. I will recommend OFFSHORE INN Baloy Long Beach. Great people Patrick the owner is the best. and BY THE SEA RESORT Barrio Barretto fantastic area specially to those who have young kids.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank NJ G

We are sorry you did not like our apartelle. In your headlnes it is said: STAYED IN JANUARY 2014, but you did NOT stay even 5 minutes. In our e-mails and in our website there has been a clear description of a 2 rooms apartelle. You choose a 2 bedrooms. As described it is 2 room with 2 queen size bed and 2 air con, a CR and kitchen and a door between the 2 room so both room has privacy. In front a balcony with view and chairs and tables. The apartelle is 30 sq. meter. You mentioned there was a LOUNGE, but there was NO LOUNGE in that room. To make it clear, a lounge is a room with chairs, sofa and tables. Even you did not like our place I am happy you find a good place nearby and were allowed to advertise for that resort. Business is business but I am very sad that you told me, A BAD KARMA WILL HIT YOU (ME) and I have had sleepiness nights. I has observed that you gave us 3 star for value 1 star for room and 1 star for location. I urge you to change that so all have 1 star to give future guest a real impression.
I am very sorry for our misunderstanding so we will try to improve to give guest more information in our website and e-mails.
Respectfully Jorgen Mortensen, Manager

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Now have I stayed over 7 months in Sunrise.
And still love my room , as I wrote in another review about Sunrise.

One reason that I write this review now, earlier than I was supposed to do.
Is one reason because of this newest bad review about Sunrise.That I have soem disagrement with..This hotel is better than 1 star..
And for the record , nobody has ask me write this review and owner do not know that I am writting this review

First Sunrise is not in Subic, but in Baretto., around 10 kilometers from the Subic area.

Yes, I have to agree that it can be litlle dark at night here and that outdoor lights should be turn on by the personal at night. And they should shift some light bulb that are gone.
But I can turn on a outdoor light from inside my room.And the light switches is on the wall, so I turn them on every night I go down the stairs and out. And I also carry a little flash light with me.

Sunrise do not have a security night watch, but in both sunrise 1 and 2 are family members living. In Sunrise 2 , they live in the first room to left in 1 floor.So they have some control.
And close to Sunrise 2 is it normally sitting a security guy that also can see entrance to Sunrise 2.
Baretto Baloy beach is normally a very safe place to stay and walk in, despite it can be little dark and empty in the streets at night. I often walk there at night and have never heard about any theft or burgerly or attac om people. Baloy beach is safe from Sunrise 2 to Harley, from there would I take a trix to the city at night..
Yes, security could be a little better, maybe a another look gate, you had to use a key to get in.
Or maybe they should put up som survillance camera,with a hard drive, so familymembers that lives in Sunrise 1 and 2 could monitor what is happen in this hotel from a monitor in their room..

Location is not really bad. It is a short walk to Johan restaurant that is open 24 hours and other places in the beach and city. Only a 5 minutts trix drive to 40 to 50 peso and you are in Baretto city with it stores and night life.

If you was here in rain season, that is from June to October and then can it rain a lot and this is also called low season with fewer guest everywhere,That is one reason why the price is lower in this months..
This year was it a lot of rain in August and September and often was it a lot of rain in the streets.
If you walk to Sunrise 1 or live there can you easy yell at this trixdrivers that are outside Johan and they will pick you up, so you do not have to walk in potholes filled with rain.Or like I that have the cellphone number to some trixdrivers that can come and pick me up if I call them,
Yes , the road here is little bad and with potholes, even that this hotel repaired some of the road outside Sunrise 1 this summer.
But it is difficult for the houses here to find a way to pave the roads, It is not fair that Sunrise shall pay for repair and pave the road alone,

Sunrise is a quiet place to live, never any trafic noise, but I have heard this roaster some mornings. It does not bother me so much, since I sleep very deep..
But again many Phillppines can maybe be a little poor, so they need to find ways to support their economy,. So they have roasters.. That is how to live in countries like this.

Sunrise has never sold food.
They sell some beverage from Sunrise 1, as it stand on the poster outside Sunrise 2.
Normally can you buy beverage cheap from 9.am to 5 pm, I believe, they do not have all kind of brands or beverage. If the refrigator was empty am I sorry..
But again, Johan is open 24 hours and it is a store very close to Johan that close 9.pm.

Yes, their wifi system can be difficult to connect , because of a zywall system that shall give equal stream to everybody.
To be honest and direct, as I have told the owners before. I hate that system.For me it make more problems than benefications.

I have never had any problems with the toilet. But wish I could have little more pressure in the shower sometimes..

Low season is mostly like survival for most of the hotel and restaurants in Philippines. So when High season come is it important to have so many costumbers as possible So if people say they should stay 3 days,is it fair that they keep this promise..In low season would I book one day and also ask if It is possible to stay several days if I like it there. So then can I easier find out if I like the place and are not commited to stay in a place I maybe do not like. In High season will it be difficult to use this system, since then is normally all rooms full and booked in advance..

I would say Location is good, but of course when it has rained a lot some days in rainseason, can it be difficult to go out with normal shoes without getting wet some days.
The room is great.. bed very good, . much bigger madrass as in this photo..Light sleepers can maybe be disturb by this roaster.
We clean our room by ourself, but they normally clean outside our room everyday..

All in all , I like to stay here in Sunrise, despite it can be little difficult some days in rainseason.
The staff or family are very nice and helpfull, but could turn on the light every night and change some lightbulbs that are gone.A new gated port or and survillance camera system would improve security, even that I have never heard about any theft here..
Wifi is another story, maybe upgrade and remove this Zywall system , my wish.lol

It is nearly like to live with a family here.
They are very nice and helpfull, let me use their printer, when I need to print out a document.
We and everybody here was invated to their son 7 year birthday, free big food buffe and beverage and magican show.
When my girlfriend need to send some money to her family they took here to town and help here, same as I could not go to store one day, two people went to town with her, Did not ask for money, but of course we can some money for that help.They have even ask if we will sit on their car, if they go to Olongapo or Subic.

This time will I only give 4 stars, since turn on lights and other small things need to be improved a little and of course when it rain a lot is harder to live here some days
But the rain effect all hotels, like much more expencive Wild Orchide, where cars was floating in the parking area one day.
But Sunrise is a good and solid buildings very safe to stay in when it rain a lot.
And now is it raining more seldom and roads are mostly dry and it is little sunny today, so maybe tomorrow I go to a swimmingpool . And I have the feeling the rain season is as it end now.

Room Tip: In rain season can be easier to live in Sunrise 1. Close to Johan restaurant Since you can find a tr...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
21  Thank Chrismic59

Dear guest,

Thanks so much for your 2 re-views. Sorry for not sending my response before but we have been so busy. Your re-views is completely relevant and honest.
After staying here many times/month you are now back again.

A guest like you and many others are a great value/assets for us because we can talk in a proper way what to improve.

Have a great stay here

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The lite in the stairway was out one nite making it necessary to walk down pitch black stairs
We stayed 3 days and never saw anyone who looked like security,which I consider essential in Philippines, especially at the end of a dirt road in middle of nowhere
Location: Bad! towards end of dirt road with large potholes filled with rainwater for 3 days making walking and trike travel awful
Bulb was missing in liv area
Room is right behind a big hen house. 4 or 5 roosters start at 5 am every morning making sleep impossible
No food or drink available even though list of prices posted on outside wall
Toilet didn't always work. Low water pressure.
'Tried to check out after one nite but said my cr card would be charged for other nights! Felt like I was being "held up"!
Wifi password didn,t work
Informed that cleaning was only every other day, although in information in room, it said "Every day"!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Jim B
Jorgen M, Direktør at Baloy Sunrise Apartelle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Staff,

Mr. Becker booked in via Asia Rooms in the period Sept 12 - 15, 2013. When he arrived he was very angry and upset that our Apartelle not was situated directly on the beach. The staff explained him that in Asia Rooms webiste it was stated we are 150 meters from the Beach and the same in our own web-site. He was very rude and did not want to check in. Our staff explained him he must pay for his 3 days booking because we did not commit any fake advertissement. He checked in - but the next day he continued being rude with arguement and wants to check out. Our staff again asked for 3 days payments before checking out. We think Mr. Becker is around 80 - 90 years old and did not really understand the explantion of our staff even it is not an excuse.

AN OUTCOME of these fake complaints is to destroy our very good reputation and take revenge
that we would not follow him.

1. At that time we had 8 long term guest and nobody complaint about missing lite. We have lite switches all over, ground- 1st and 2nd floor so everyone can turn on light for stairs and balcony.
Accoding to our checklist ourr maid always turn on lite outside 5pm. and off 6 am.

2. Mr. Becker stated no security. We have security guárd house about 20 meters from our Apartelle maned 24 hours and local police going around from 6 pm till 6 am. Mr. Becker also stated we are in the middle of nowhere. From Baloy Main Road to the end about 300 meters away there are 8 resorts, some with few some with many Apt., Therefore, lie again. I have already named the Resort to Mr. Becket w/o response.

3. Mr. Becker is some right. The road is not in the best condition in the rainy season like most roads in the Philippines. Yes, there are small holes in the road somewhere. However, no complaints from our long term guest.

4. Before guest check in we double check our apartelle. All bulbs were working at that time. If a bulb not is working anymore we will change immediately. Our staff live in the same building.

5. There is not hen house in the back of our apartelle. There is a Prawn Hatchery w/o any noise. However, all over the Phillipines there are hens - we can not avoid that. No other guest has ever complained.

6. We do not advertisse with food. We have a signboard with softdrinks for sale in the reception.

7. Toilet flushing is working but we admit sometimes low pressure if many guest use at the same time or our water-supply not is enough from the Water Company. If we are aware then we will switch on our own deep-well immediately.

8. Almost correct response from Mr. Becker but of course he was not held-up. His obligation is just to pay like other guest.

9. Wi Fi password is working and each apartelle has its own password to secure our guest to avoid hacking and have the higest speed as possible.

10 Cleaning is every day for daily guest - probably he did not observe the cleaning when he was out most of the time.

I did write a politely e-mail to Mr. Becker and he responded in a rude way. Most what he stated in this e-mail was changed/opposite from this re-view. We really think this old man is confused.

I have requested Mr. Becker for a meeting with our staff and our attorney because our staff has been grossly insulted and he wants to destroy our repuatation. It seems, still he does not want to submit his present address. If Mr. Becker does not want to participate in a meeting then our Attorney Perez in Olonagpo will executed a summon. It is costly and takes time to find Mr. Becker but I am sure we will and he will take the witness stand in the Court. This must serve as a lesson for him and other unscrupulous people.

Like other Resort we have mistakes but do our best to correct asap.

To be honest we have the higest occupancy rate in the whole area which is 84,3 % this year and last year 81.2%
90% of our guest stay monthly or even yearly.

I am waiting for your response and please delete this fake response from Mr. James Becker.

Kindly regards,

Booking and Accounting Manager

copy to: Owner Milagros Escalo
Attorney Gene Perez, Olongapo City

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Almost desperate to find a place for my family to stay last weekend due to the last minute rush, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise that most of the hotels I inquired at were fully-booked. I was very fortunate to have landed on this apartelle and be accommodated by the most good-hearted and friendly staff and owner. I was suprised to find out that Mr. Mortensen is currently in Denmark as he was the one patiently responding to all my (rather annoying) queries last week. The place was much better than I expected, considering the price and that there's no need to give initial payment or deposit. We almost checked-out without paying! They just simply do not care about your payment; they're all after your comfort and convenience. This is not your typical Business As Usual place; this is your home away from home. Thank you Ms. Tere for letting us bug you in the middle of the night! We'll definitely go back to this place and refer to friends, if the need arises. Once again, THANK YOU and MAY GOD BLESS YOU MORE AND MORE! ~Eloisa, Carl and Isabella Bautista

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
18  Thank Ma Eloisa B

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry I did not response before now. We have been so busy all the year around and also I have been abroad most of the time, however, it is not an excuse for not responding.
A matter a fact is, that many resorts owner or managers do not want to respond, especially if their resorts are running well.
One of the reason is also, that TripAdvisor sometimes allow guest to write irrelevant re-views which has nothing to do with the resort itself. Also TripAdvisor allow sometimes guest hate-speech, assult etc. from guest and owners/managers can not do anything.

We hope we will see you again and one again thanks for your re-view

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Sometimes , should you be smarter and do not write anything.
But when people are nice to me, will I repay it, as write this review.
One of the biggest problem with Sunrise is that they are very popular and then often full booked.
Beacuse it is such a very good place to live.
And I am afraid this review will make it more popular..

Sunrise rooms are like an apartement, it has nearly everything you need .
I have been to many places in the world, and has lived in hotelrooms the last 3 years.
This is the best room , I have lived in.

I had a very good bed, a big refrigator with a big freezer, new stove, Microwave,.toaster, A new 31 inch flatscreen televison, with a USB contact,, so I could plug in my small external hardisk and watch Tv series or movies that I had downloaded, photos and music too.
A silent Air condtion, with temperatur control ( Sometimes can AC in other hotels be very loud and either to cold or warm)
And you had a table and chairs outside your terrace .

Sunrise is like living in a apartment.
As live in a hotel apartement, where you can make your own food, can make your life easier and cheaper..
Why go out every morning to a restaurant to eat breakfast, when you cheap and easy can make a few eggs and bacon and toast some bread, very fast.in your room,
Sunrise sells beer and soda to nice prices from their reception.
But they also sold 20 liter distellied water tank from booth Sunris 1 and 2 for 50 peso.
So you do not need to carry this heavy water tank from a store.

If I should find something negative with Sunrise, ( Nothing is perfect and if a review is to perfect, is it lesser believed)
The staff in Sunrise is very nice and helpfull, and clean your room very good.

This is only small problems.
The bathroom faucet broke,but was replaced same day.
The kitchen faucet also broke, but was not never repaired: I could have push them more to fix it, but I easly used the emergency faucet under the sink,so I got water.
The terrace door lock broke, but was replaced next day.
Sunrise has a little special wifi system, where you have to log in every 6 hours.
They said this system is to make it equal for all guests, personally it annoyed me little.
Also that it took some time to get log in first time...
But I got use to this system after some time, so no big problem.
So the only small negative thing with Sunrise, is that service could be litle faster and better.
I live in Sunrise over 2 months, so of course things will broke down and other problems will happen.

And I will very soon come back to live for longer time.
Well, this was my review of Sunrise, one of the best hotel room I have lived in.

You can find cheaper places like apartements in Baretto, But then must you often pay a month depostitum, And sad to say have I heard stores where the owner, often Phillipine owner, has disapeared or will not give you al depositum back when you will move out.
Maybe bigger rooms, but often a old Television , stove, AC and old furniture and bad bed.

Now, shall I write little more about Baretto and Barretto baloy beach, based on my two months visit there and also explain why I like to live in this place.

The beach is very close to Sunrise, and I like to sit close to the water and have a drink at a restaurant and look out at the calm sea and hopefully get some refresing breeze.Sadly, is the water little pollution, even that i often see phillipines swim in it .Sunrise do not have a swimmingpool, but as I have understand have they a deal with Treasure Island hotels swimmingpool , that is close to Sunrise.That you can use their pool for free.
I would use little money there to be sure.
Hotel Ettan has also a nice swimmingpool, that you can use if you consume for 350 peso each person. Or Wild Orchide blue crystal clear swimmingpool for 500 peso each consume.

Nearly all restaurant and bar in Baloy beach are open 24 hours .And there is several of them
Johan dive hotel and restaurant, simple and cheap food and drinks 24 hours.
Ettan restaurant, also 24 hours , but only a very good pizza at night.
And Blue Rock has maybe one of the best food in Asia, has some told me
And it is safe to walk at Baloy beach at night from Getaway to Harley.
But from Harley to town at night, would i maybe use a Trix to be totally safe.

In Baretto town , a 15 minutts walk or a trix to 50 peso, Is it a lot of restaurants, stores and marked,
Where I use to buy all my groceries very cheap
An also a night life, with all kind of bars .
That was one thing I liked with living at Baloy beach, nice places to eat and drink, without a lot of girls that bother you. Very quiet too...

How to get to Baretto.
From Clark airport or Angeles city, is it tourist bus that take you to Baretto beach and back for 500 peso each way, around one and a half hour drive.
Enjoy Baretto town and beach.

Room Tip: I have lived in Sunrise 1 and 2, Not really a big difference, but sorry, Which room I liked best wil...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
14  Thank Chrismic59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Subic
Subiza Beach Resort
Subiza Beach Resort
#13 of 18 in Olongapo
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#16 of 27 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Cherry Midtown Hotel
Cherry Midtown Hotel
#9 of 18 in Olongapo
Subic Waterfront Resort and Hotel

Been to Baloy Sunrise Apartelle? Share your experiences!