Palm Tree Resort
US$113
US$90
  • Pool
Whiterock Waterpark and Beach Hotel(Subic Bay Freeport Zone)
US$172
US$46
US$44
US$41
Agoda.com
All reviewsbarrio barrettosubic baysmall poollive musicexcellent breakfastsuperior roomolongaporesortratesphilippineshighway
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Just like to add that the staff at Palm Tree Resort are great and extremely help. Now for the unpleasant part, our stay at the London Suite started off without water supply at the most important part of the day Evening Time! The room was clean except for Blood stains on the Mattress this being noticable through the white bed sheets, thus I sleep on top of the bed fully dressed, I will not take the chance! The Quilt Cover look grubie and dirty so I push to one side, it looked like many folk had sleeped on and under the cover.
In the room the Refigerator was found to be well stocked with drinks and snacks in the above rack, that was good and set at reasonable price.
When we made our desision based upon the the Palm Tree brochure handed over to me at Subic check point and the brochure shows the Palm Tree Resort looking fantastic and modern, well done for the trick photography, for me the place needs refurbishment urgently to bring to the same standard as the Brochure.
The bar section and restarunant was found to be pleasantly with great staff with a good understanding, this part was pleasant.

The beach area infront of the Palm Tree is a dirty with water running from the high street to the sea beach, this is unpleaseant and I didn't take a chance to venture on the beach.

Just to let those folk planning a trip and stop over at Olongapo at the Palm Tree resort please becareful and review the actual location and area before stopping over with family in mind.

Room Tip: If your a Solo Traveller and male! This is a perfect place to relax...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in mid March 2012. I was generally not happy with the stay. The pictures of the hotel are very deceiving; they are not representative of the actual experience. The rooms and general hotel all look considerable bigger and nicer in the pictures than they actually are. We stayed in the Delux Mountain and Seaview room. It was smaller than anticipated in the picture, very dated, beat-up and in need of some refurbishing. The sliding glass door to the shared balcony would not close the entire way, so obviously it would also not lock. The air-conditioning barely worked and took hours to cool the room down to a reasonable temp. When I asked about moving rooms they said there was nothing but nicer/upgraded rooms available (even thought the hotel seemed empty) and I would have to pay the full normal rate. On top of all this there was a smallish pool and an unexciting (bordering on nasty) beach. The one positive comment was the restaurant. We only ate here one night but I thought the quality, portion sizes and atmosphere was quite good although maybe a bit pricey. Overll, I doubt I would return again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ted B
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed at the palm Tree resort, we went on Boxing Day 2011 and stay to see the New year 2012 in, had a excellent time there was a live band, which truly new what music people wanted.
The resort it's self is on the main highway through Barrio Barretto. It has many Bars and resturants.....The back of the resort is situated on the beach.
The staff were pleasent and very helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable, asked if we could move to London Suite was no problem for staff to move us.
Food and drinks were reasonable. Food was alway cooked fresh, so you need to expect abit of a wait, as it's all made from scratch. The food is devine and well worth waiting for!
Trips and excursions are all available, just need to ask at reception.
Ocean Adventure i would highly recommend, swimming with the Dolphins ect, if you have younge children not to be missed. Also Tree Top Adventure not for the light hearted, but very good fun!
A day trip to the shopping Malls also well worth a visit.
When we go on holiday to this end of the Philippines we would certainly stop at Palm Tree Resort again

Room Tip: The London and Devon suites are more suitable for families
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah E
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed at this British owned and run hotel for five days in january 2012.
Has a homely feel and all the staff make vistors feel welcome at all times.
This hotel has character which is missing in all the others in this area.
A parrot welcoms visitors at the entrance and gardens are very well designed and pleasent to look at.The property reaches right onto the beach and a planned verandah has been proposed.
The rooms are clean, quiet and have tea and coffee capabilities.
It is also situated right in the middle of the bar scene which is handy for those night owls.
The circular bar at the rear of the property is really interesting, and is full of character, and is open all day for breakfasts and lunch etc.British food is available.
Also has a swimming pool but is unfortunatly on the shaded side of the building.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank alibabe_8
Reviewed 8 October 2011

i went there with my wife my stay was not very pleasent at all , the staff was not helpfull at all when we asked for any service it was like it was to much trouble.I was planing to stay 5 days only stayed 1 night because the next morning the staff keep on coming to my room ask when we well be leaving,so we end up leaving . i was also charged a extra hour because i had to wait for a taxi. I did explain to the staff all they said that i had to pay.
i would not recondmend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple