“Awesome!”
Review of Palm Tree Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Subic
Palm Tree Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Subic B&B and Inns
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Convenient for a landbase travel. Food is excellent! Rooms are clean. Rates are reasonable. :)
Would recommended this and will probably come back here again.. Staff were very kind. Ate at the restaurant 3 times a day. And was serenaded by locals while having a nice meal! Airconditioning needs improvement though and would suggest the resort to put a little souvenir shop! :) activities like,banana boat ride, jetski, parasailing, etc should be posted and cx should be informed that there is a prebooking.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank abbeyberry

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The Palm Tree Resort is a very nice small hotel well located in Barrio Barretto along the main highway in the centre of town. The resort is beachfront with a nice pool on the main floor. The rooms are very pleasant and nicely appointed with flat screen television, fully stocked mini bar, comfortable beds and in room safe. The bathrooms are small but modern with a complete selection of toiletries. The restaurant is located on the second floor with a lovely outdoor deck overlooking the beach. The food is excellent and well priced. Overall, this hotel is certainly one of the best in the area in terms of value, quality and cleanliness.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Terrence F
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Room was ok and bed comfortable, relatively quiet (if you don't mind the compressors outside) and mountain and see view is a joke, so is the pool). Construction work going on (not notice ahead of our stay), so not good for sleep after 9 am.

Hotel is ok, bario Barreto is ok, but not more than that.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JuWe
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2013

My lady and myself recently stayed at the Palm Tree Resort and throughly enjoyed our stay. The room (London Suite) is large, the decor is a little old but very clean and comfortable with all the emenities available. Good presure of water with ample hot. I did miss having a phone in the room but this was only a minor inconvienience. The staff where VERY happy/pleasent and willing to assist in any way possible. There was work taking place on the 1st floor which I wasnt informed when I made the booking but once I questioned this a discount was given on the room without a second thought. The resort is close to Subics entertainment centre but being well back traffic and music could not be heard. The position of the resort gives great views of Subic Bay. The overall layout of the resort makes for every thing you need close and like the pool area is in clear view of the bar staff for drinks or orders. Which they are constantly checking you for any requests. OK so I have left the best part till last. We eat at the restraunt at least once a day but also had a party of 11 one night. The service is fast,polite and very accomadating. I even think with so many staff working that a lady was assigned to our table. The meal was exceptional. I even tailor made my Rib eye steak and seafood dinner. Requesting a different type of sauce from what was on the menu. This was not a problem and was perfect to what I requested. Honestly I have stayed in Subic many times and this meal was the best I have every had at any of the resorts there. As we where about to leave (after our meal) the owner came over and introduced himself asking how I was enjoying my stay, if I had any feed back/problem or if any suggestions. I informed him that I have enjoyed the whole resort experience and thanked him for his introduction and concern. I did emphisize my appreciation to the chiefs/staff and stated "that, that was the best meal I have ever had in Subic" Thanks

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul B
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Since the hotel where I normally stay was under renovation I checked in here at the palm tree resort, since the good location!
Unfortunately when I came in my room I mentioned that my nice flatscreen tv was not working... After asking the staff to repair it, it was done just the next day in the evening and after repeatedly asking! Part of that the rooms are clean and comfortable! Just the waterflow is a bit low in the shower, and in my opinion to many items in the minibar, 54 I guess in total, going from the normal drinks to hard drinks, wines, special creams, chocolates, to ladies napkins ! But it takes at least 20 min to check the list! And you better check the list because there were 2 items missing (worth around 240 pesos) so if I did not mention that I would have certainly had to pay for them on my check out!
At the property is a small swimming pool as well but not that clean and no proper beach seats around! The hotels restaurant is great! Nice view and great food for reasonable price!
So, if the staff attention was better this would be a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Sammypla
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Just like to add that the staff at Palm Tree Resort are great and extremely help. Now for the unpleasant part, our stay at the London Suite started off without water supply at the most important part of the day Evening Time! The room was clean except for Blood stains on the Mattress this being noticable through the white bed sheets, thus I sleep on top of the bed fully dressed, I will not take the chance! The Quilt Cover look grubie and dirty so I push to one side, it looked like many folk had sleeped on and under the cover.
In the room the Refigerator was found to be well stocked with drinks and snacks in the above rack, that was good and set at reasonable price.
When we made our desision based upon the the Palm Tree brochure handed over to me at Subic check point and the brochure shows the Palm Tree Resort looking fantastic and modern, well done for the trick photography, for me the place needs refurbishment urgently to bring to the same standard as the Brochure.
The bar section and restarunant was found to be pleasantly with great staff with a good understanding, this part was pleasant.

The beach area infront of the Palm Tree is a dirty with water running from the high street to the sea beach, this is unpleaseant and I didn't take a chance to venture on the beach.

Just to let those folk planning a trip and stop over at Olongapo at the Palm Tree resort please becareful and review the actual location and area before stopping over with family in mind.

Room Tip: If your a Solo Traveller and male! This is a perfect place to relax...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kevin S
San Jose CA
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in mid March 2012. I was generally not happy with the stay. The pictures of the hotel are very deceiving; they are not representative of the actual experience. The rooms and general hotel all look considerable bigger and nicer in the pictures than they actually are. We stayed in the Delux Mountain and Seaview room. It was smaller than anticipated in the picture, very dated, beat-up and in need of some refurbishing. The sliding glass door to the shared balcony would not close the entire way, so obviously it would also not lock. The air-conditioning barely worked and took hours to cool the room down to a reasonable temp. When I asked about moving rooms they said there was nothing but nicer/upgraded rooms available (even thought the hotel seemed empty) and I would have to pay the full normal rate. On top of all this there was a smallish pool and an unexciting (bordering on nasty) beach. The one positive comment was the restaurant. We only ate here one night but I thought the quality, portion sizes and atmosphere was quite good although maybe a bit pricey. Overll, I doubt I would return again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ted B

Travellers are raving about these Subic hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Subic
Mangrove Resort Hotel
Mangrove Resort Hotel
#2 of 18 in Olongapo
Subic Grand Seas Resort
Subic Grand Seas Resort
#6 of 18 in Olongapo
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#15 of 27 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Subiza Beach Resort
Subiza Beach Resort
#14 of 18 in Olongapo
Subic Waterfront Resort and Hotel
Treasure Island Resort
Treasure Island Resort
#4 of 18 in Olongapo

Been to Palm Tree Resort? Share your experiences!