“First Time in Korea”

Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Suwon
Milpitas, California
“First Time in Korea”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I recently went to Korea about 2 weeks ago for the first time due to business. I must say that the hotel itself is mostly a business hotel. Meaning small standing shower and limited room size. I arrived to the hotel early in the morning before check in, unfortunately no rooms were ready.

I must say that the front desk service was excellent. The front desk attendant, her name was Romie, recommended a 설렁탕 (ox bone/beef broth soup) restaurant nearby. Great restaurant that's open 24 hours!

I returned to the hotel and Romie informed me that she had a room ready and gave me my room key. They have a rewards program that helps you earn free nights, so I signed up for it. Might as well get points towards a free night while on travel, am I right?

I will most likely come back to this hotel again when on business or visiting Suwon.

Room Tip: Just put average for the swimming pool and room service because I did not use those.
2 Thank edchun86
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Dear Edchun86,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay at the ibis Suwon Ambassador. I am so glad to hear your compliments on our staff.

I will share your comments with our entire team. And, your feedback will certainly serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Ibis Suwon Ambassador

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed here with my wife on her business trip. The rooms are not large, but this is typical to what I have found in my travels in Korea, Japan and Taiwan. They are, though, clean and in good condition. The front desk staff were extremely helpful in suggestions for shopping and dining in the local area, as well as for tips on transportation into and sights in Seoul. Hana offered to give me her train/bus pass when I had trouble purchasing one on my own, and Romie gave me personal assistance with my needs in the business center. The hotel is a short walk from the Galleria shopping center and numerous dining establishments, and a 5-minute taxi ride from Suwon Station.

1 Thank Ken K
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Mr. Ken K,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay at the ibis Suwon Ambassador. I am so glad to hear that our staff, Hana and Romie, provided you with practical service.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Travel to Suwon for business trip last year and stayed here for bout 5 nights. I was there on end of winter year 2012. The Air conditioning system not that good and the satff hardly understand English. The food was nice! and the room is clean!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Marquess W,

Thank you for sharing your concerns on air-conditioning. And, I apologise to you for the inconvenient experience you had last winter.

As we have centralised air-conditioning system throughout the building, there were constraints on running both cooling and heating at the same time during the winter.

In regards to our staff' English skills, we will reinforce on foreign language training on entire staff.

Thank you for your kind understanding in advance.

With best regards,

Suwon, South Korea
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have almost stayed nearly 300 nights in this hotel. There are lots of positives about this hotel(See my first review for the positives). Coming to the flip side, I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you want to stay here in Summer or if you would like to have air conditioner. They don't turn on the AC even in mid summer, you would hear responses like please open your window, other guests will feel cold etc(Even when guests have the option of switching off their AC if they want). I would recommend you to check out a hotel which provides self controlled air conditioner(especially during summers). If you don't mind staying in a pressure cooker or if you don't mind sweating it out in your room instead of the gym then this is the place to be.
PS: You will also see a response below from the management giving me the same reasons as above for not turning on the AC.

1 Thank Kaushik819
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Mr. Kaushik819,

Thank you for sharing your concerns on air-conditioning. And, I apologise to you for the inconvenient experience you had.

As it has been like summer weather this week, we started turning on the air-conditioner. I hope that you will feel better.

Please be assured that we monitor the room temperature during the summer season.

Thank you for your kind understanding in advance.

With best regards,

Suwon, South Korea
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I am not sure, how this is a four star hotel. They heat up the room making stay unbearable. They can't turn the air-conditioner on in this season, in the month of May, unbelievable. I am being provided with a electric fan. Rooms are very very small. Bathroom is over as soon as you enter. You can't comfortable stand in the shower. Previously stayed in some small hotels like Landmark hotel. Was thinking atleast IBIS will be better, but its the worst.

I am currently staying in this hotel can't go anywhere already booked this till my tour is over.

1 Thank Rajesh K
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Rajesh K,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Suwon.

Concerning air-conditioning of the hotel, it is centralized throughout the hotel floors. Hence, there might be a limitation during a change of season due to the fact that some may feel cold, on the other hand, the others might feel hot, such as you.

However, this does not resolve the dissatisfaction you had. Therefore, I have spoken to the person, in charge of Engineering, and the management will commence on improving air-conditioning system.

Your comments have certainly inspired us to further develop our service staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself.

I look forward to personally welcoming you and hope that you allow us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

Ibis Suwon
Singapore
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Generally, Ibis is a no-frill hotel. Very suitable for lone biz traveller, clean, small room, tiny bathroom. The only issue i have about Ibis everytime when i have to stay here, is that it doesnt provide toilet amenities & bottle water. So whenever i reach the hotel, first thing, my colleagues and i would go to the convenient store nearby to buy large mineral water.
I do hope the mgt consider provide at least a bottle of water, i am very sure this initiative will be highly appreciated.
i love the breakfast spread, and the staff are usually friendly and efficient.
If your stay is brief, i wld suggest during your last night of stay after all biz meetings done, u can walk to Home Plus (shopping mall//hypermart) to buy some of their local tidbits etc.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Dear steffietan,

Thank you for your kind comments on our service. Concerning your comments on providing amenities, we have taken the initiative. I hope that you will find exactly the same amenities what you mentioned soon.

Again, thank you for your review, and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Its a cozy place to stay at after a hectic workdays. Suwon being not too big, this place is nicely located and easy to find Taxis from and to the hotel. Though rooms are small, they are packed with all that is needed and are very clean. The hotel's breakfast had a good spread but not too much for vegetarians. It might be a let down for the price charged for the breakfast. The front desk is very courteous and helpful. They offer a free shuttle to the Airport Bus, which was extremely punctual but very dirty (which was quiet surprising to me, as all other Taxis I had taken were always very clean). I would rather suggest to take your own Taxi.

Overall a good stay for your business trips.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank khazana
Dear khazana,

Thank you for your kind comments, and I am glad to hear that your stay was good. Regarding your comments on vegeterian food, we will provide more menu options for our precious Indian guests. As you probably know, we have Indian Chef in order to provide authentic Indian food.