“A comfort stay for the price of an economy.”

Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Suwon
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Ibis Ambassador is in close proximity to major offices in the area, and is one of the best hotels to choose from if you're visiting this part of South Korea on a business trip. The rooms are very clean and the food is good.
I have stayed here for close to one year and have become very comfortable with my stay. The staff is very welcoming and warm at all times. Jangmi and Romie (at the front desk) always greet me with a smile. At the bar, Rana and Sun Hwa make sure my dining is a pleasurable experience. And they go out of their way to help when needed.
Thumbs Up! Although the air conditioning could be better, this hotel is overall a very good choice for business and vacation trips alike.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BlueLotus_Rajiv
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Mr. BlueLotus_Rajiv,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay at the ibis Suwon Ambassador. I am so glad to hear that our staff, Jangmi, Romie, Rana, and Sun Hwa provided you with good service.

I will share your comments with our entire team. And, your feedback will certainly serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Suwon Ambassador

Reviewed 11 July 2013

A good option for business trip for people who plan visit Samsung campus in Suwon. It takes around 10 minutes to Samsung gate.
Rooms are relatively small and equiped with basic stuff. TV is small, bathroom is reasonable.
Breakfast is very good.
Dinner buffet is offered. quality and variaty are good. but price is a little high.
Note: KAL Limousine is not stopped in the hotel but in the Castle hotel - ~10 minutes from the hotel Ibis hotel by taxi.

Room Tip: "most rooms are the same"
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Yosi B,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Suwon Ambassador.

Concerning airport limousine bus stop, we do provide free shuttle to the point upon guests' requests. I hope that you will use our service on your next visit.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

The rooms are small, stuffy and noisy. The heavy traffic outside and anything that happens in the room next door or on the corridor can be heard, not contributing to a good rest. Airconditioning is centrally controlled and often leaves the room very hot. When it cools, it is very noisy.

With the exception of one very helpful gentleman, front desk staff speak very limited English.

The breakfast is OK, but no more than that. A la carte lunch and dinner are very expensive; food is much better and cheaper at nearby restaurants.

When we left, we needed to travel to Seoul with luggage. We confirmed with the staff that the bus would have a luggage compartment, but it turned out that we could not take the bus with luggage at all. We ended up taking a cab, which we would have done much earlier had we been given correct information.

In all, for US$ 250 per night, I would expect better. In Seoul, this gives you 4- or 5-star options.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Koalyboy
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Good and friendly service overall. The room is small but clean enough. The location is strategy where you can get food, shopping...most of the thing here. The hotel provide free shuttle service to certain locations which is convenient for peoples.

The hotel is good for business travelers or with group of friends. The hospitality service make me choose them next time. :-)

1  Thank KA L

Dear KA L,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Suwon Ambassador. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I recently went to Korea about 2 weeks ago for the first time due to business. I must say that the hotel itself is mostly a business hotel. Meaning small standing shower and limited room size. I arrived to the hotel early in the morning before check in, unfortunately no rooms were ready.

I must say that the front desk service was excellent. The front desk attendant, her name was Romie, recommended a 설렁탕 (ox bone/beef broth soup) restaurant nearby. Great restaurant that's open 24 hours!

I returned to the hotel and Romie informed me that she had a room ready and gave me my room key. They have a rewards program that helps you earn free nights, so I signed up for it. Might as well get points towards a free night while on travel, am I right?

I will most likely come back to this hotel again when on business or visiting Suwon.

Room Tip: Just put average for the swimming pool and room service because I did not use those.
2  Thank edchun86
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Dear Edchun86,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay at the ibis Suwon Ambassador. I am so glad to hear your compliments on our staff.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed here with my wife on her business trip. The rooms are not large, but this is typical to what I have found in my travels in Korea, Japan and Taiwan. They are, though, clean and in good condition. The front desk staff were extremely helpful in suggestions for shopping and dining in the local area, as well as for tips on transportation into and sights in Seoul. Hana offered to give me her train/bus pass when I had trouble purchasing one on my own, and Romie gave me personal assistance with my needs in the business center. The hotel is a short walk from the Galleria shopping center and numerous dining establishments, and a 5-minute taxi ride from Suwon Station.

1  Thank Ken K
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Mr. Ken K,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay at the ibis Suwon Ambassador. I am so glad to hear that our staff, Hana and Romie, provided you with practical service.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Travel to Suwon for business trip last year and stayed here for bout 5 nights. I was there on end of winter year 2012. The Air conditioning system not that good and the satff hardly understand English. The food was nice! and the room is clean!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Marquess W,

Thank you for sharing your concerns on air-conditioning. And, I apologise to you for the inconvenient experience you had last winter.

As we have centralised air-conditioning system throughout the building, there were constraints on running both cooling and heating at the same time during the winter.

In regards to our staff' English skills, we will reinforce on foreign language training on entire staff.

Thank you for your kind understanding in advance.

With best regards,