“Really good business hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Plaza Suwon

Ramada Plaza Suwon
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Suwon
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Really good business hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed here for three nights on a business trip. I found the hotel to be everything I could want.
The room I had was large, with great views across the city, good airco (I was there in August) quiet (apart from the band on the terrace) and very comfortable. The bathroom was also a good size with a separate shower and bath.
The staff were very helpful and friendly, nothing too much trouble. I had an inclusive breakfast rate, and the breakfast buffet was enormous, anything you could possibly want laid out for you in a pretty nice environment.
I didn't eat any other meals at the hotel, so can't comment on the other restaurants.
I arrived with jet lag after a 15 hour journey and ordered a burger with fries in my room - this was really good.
I did have one cup of coffee in the lobby - very expensive and not that good (10000 won!)

But overall I would highly recommend the hotel and I will stay here next time I visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Suwon, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear David,

Thank you so much for your recent wonderful review of Ramada Plaza Suwon.

What a compliment for you to share that after your business trip, your reply has given us happy to read. Also, we are very pleased you had had the excellent service from us.

As your mention, we try to offer the nice rooms, and the hotel rooms face the calm and nice the park which you can go jogging. Moreover, we are happy to hear that you had the great room service. If you have any chance to visit here again, you better to try our restaurants which are Chefoo's, Vistore, and Jinmao.

Once again, thank you for you fantastic acknowledgement of our team and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Plaza Suwon when your buiness travel next bring you back to Suwon.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed in the Ramada Plaza Suwon for two months while on a business trip. I enjoyed my stay there. The staff was very helpful with their recommendations and translations. One night I even had a member of the staff help me purchase tickets to a music festival.

The room was large, clean, and comfortable. I stayed during the summer and didn't have any issues with the AC. The bed was large and comfortable. There was a nice bathroom and the shower had good water pressure and temperature. WiFi was good based on US standards, but it wasn't the fastest I experienced in the country. One thing to note if you stay here: when you're in your room you're supposed to put your keycard in this slot which allows you to turn the lights on, use electricity, etc. I left my room with my Macbook charging which didn't charge while I was gone. I initially thought I had a battery issue until I realized it was the room. It wasn't a problem once I figured that out.

There's a small gym which was sufficient. I liked the food at the hotel. I ate out on the patio area once (but heard the band that plays out there almost nightly). The breakfast buffet wasn't bad. Some days were better than others, but I always found something good to eat. The laundry service was appreciated (not normally free) but it was a little rough on the clothes.

It was pretty easy to get around. I didn't drive myself anywhere. I had a shuttle take me to work and I took a bus back to the hotel. Taxis were usually plentiful. Suwon Station is a short cab ride away which provided the subway or train into Seoul. I would also walk over to Ingye-Dong which had more restaurants and CGV movie theater. I found a little pizza place across the street called Pizza School that's pretty good (for nights you need a break from Korean food). There were also a few convenient stores across the street and there's a Home Plus (like a Wal-Mart) by the CGV.

I would recommend the Ramada Plaza Suwon and I would stay there again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Suwon, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Josh,

Thank you so much for your recent wonderful review of Ramada Plaza Suwon.

As your mention, we are very impressed that your stay was very comfortable and great with the room, Chefoo's, and our staffs who helped you.

Once again, we always strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We appreciate the kind recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thanks.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the new wing for the first time on this trip. The room and hotel had everything I needed - good breakfast, shuttle to Samsung (though our driver got lost, i understand it was his first day on the job!), free easy wifi none of the sign in nonsense required by Starwood hotels and others, gym, quiet rooms, good beds, and most importantly in August - good air con.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear, Mr Paul,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am happy that you had enjoyed the hotel room in the new wing which is our new building and other facilities; gym and Chefoo's which offers breakfast.

Ramada Plaza Suwon offers the stuttle bus to go Samsung Company for our Samsung guests Even more, we offer the stuttle buses to go other companies for our guests' conveniences.

We always strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We appreciate the kind recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards, Thanks.
Bangkok
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

i stayed there 2 weeks ago - the hotel gives good value in general and service is excellent
there is a queue for taxi in the morning specially on rainy days - its not the hotel's fault but there are just not enough taxis in town at that time - need to take 15 minutes into calculation in the morning in case you are in hurry
the lobby is too clean : ) it looks more like office than a warm hotel lobby to me but this is personal taste issue nothing serious
the room itself is good - mattress is a bit too hard - no big deal
location is pretty far from anything I needed - train station and industrial part - about 15 minutes taxi to each

1 Thank Shmulik C
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Suwon, responded to this review, 12 August 2013

Thank you so much for your recent wonderful review of Ramada Plaza Suwon.

As your mention, the location is a little bit far from where you need to go. Our hotel is located between Suwon station and downtown where nearby Samsung Company. The location is very calm and peaceful for business people. We understand that guests sometime need the taxi. That is why we always help to make taxi arrangement in advance.

Thank you once again for you fantastic acknowledgement of our team and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Plaza Suwon when your buiness travel next bring you back to Suwon.
Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have visited Suwon many times over the past 15 years and stayed in a variety of hotels. The Ramada is by far the best hotel in the city. Clean, large well appointed rooms, which are uncluttered and simply furnished with everything I needed for my stay. The gym is small but well equipped and was closed on the Tuesday of my visit for servicing.
The Chefoo buffet restaurant serves a good variety of food for breakfast. My one compliant would be that the hot food is not kept very warm. The scambled egg is cold as soon as you put it on the plate. So, go for the on demand eggs and at least they are served straight from the frying pan. In the evening's again there is a good buffet, but on the Saturday I was there, the place was packed and very noisy so I took a 20 minute walk to TGI Friday's (there's an Outback a further 5 minutes walk).
If you fly into Incheon, there is a cheap bus service which stops right at the hotel. However, when you come to leave, you have to either walk 5 minutes along the road (or if you have large luggage get a taxi) to the bus terminus. It would be great if the hotel could come to some arrangement with the bus company to have the bus pick up departing clients.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Suwon, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel here on Trip Advisor and for your stay at Ramada Plaza Suwon. We always try to offer the highest quality service and room to our guests.
As your mention, we are very impressed that your stay was excellent. Also, you had the great breakfast at the Chefoo's except one thing. We are sorry for you had the cold dish. We wish that you will be served the fresh one. From the hotel, there are many option for restaurants with walking distance. Moreover, guests who need to go to Inchon airport can go easily by Limousine where near by the hotel without any inconvenience.
Once again, thank you very much for your recommendation of our hotel and we hope to be able to welcome you back to Ramada Plaza Suwon in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Nauheim, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

The Ramada in Suwon is a business hotel not directly downtown, so you need a taxi to get downtown. The check-in was quick, professional and without any problems. As this was a business trip, I handed over my business card and the check-out a few days later went just without problems too. The room was located in a new part of the hotel. The only very small downside was, that you had to change lifts and take a walk when going to the annex. The room itself was very spacious, with everything you expect from a 4* hotel. The aircon could be setup easily and worked very well. The rooms were als very quite. My room was not going out to the main street, but a small park beside the hotel. But I also didn't hear noise from the other rooms too. Everything was clean and well managed, e.g. you didn't see any of the cleaning personnel on the floors in the morning.

The breakfast, located in the restaurant on the fifth floor was providing both, a wide selection of western and korean food. They are doing eggs on demand with a cook on side. The number of tables and seats was never any problem, as they were opening an additional larger room in case of more visitors. The food itseld was good taste, different fresh juices, nothing I would miss.

1 Thank Always_0n_trip
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Suwon, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is our great pleasure to hear that you hadg great stay at the best business hotel without any problems.

Ramada Plaza Suwon is located between Suwon Station and small downtown where has the department stores and various restaurants. As you mention, you complimented our room. It is very preasure to hear that. We always try to offer the highest quality service and room to our guests.

Also, we would like to thank you for the wonderful praise of our dedicated associates. We will share your comments which encourage us to provide even better service to our valued guest, such as you.

Best Regards,
Kiev
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Beside of polite personnel, good clean rooms and breakfast menu variety what I like in Ramada is fitness room and saunas with bath-hub. Location: it is a bit detached from concentration points of restaurants but not so far. For those who visit Samsung Digital City: Central Gate - ~50min by walk (too far). If you like jogging outdoor there is nice park zone near the hotel.

Room Tip: I like new wing of Ramada: nice window view to the quiet park zone, bright sun light in the morning...