“Very good”

Sri Lanka Diving Tours - Trincomalee
Ranked #4 of 9 Tours in Trincomalee
More attraction details
Owner description: Sri Lanka Diving Tours (Trincomalee) is a PADI Five star IDC center based at Uppuveli new loction in Trincomalee, Sri Lanka's East Coast. Offering professionally guided dive trips to our house sites, to the Pigeon Island National Park sites which are only a short boat ride away. We conduct PADI diver training from the half-day PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience right up to PADI Instructor. Confined water training on our house reef directly in front of the hotel is ideal for your first experiences in the open water.We can even provide Tec Diver training at our specialist Deep Sea Resort further down the coast. From our beach side location, we also offer coastal boat tours, Whale and dolphin watching trips, Snorkeling with whales !!! Snorkeling trips to Pigeon Island National Park where you can see Black Tip Reef Sharks, not to mention our water sports including water skiing, kayaks and body boards. Come explore the beautiful reefs and marine life of Trincomalee's underwater world. MORE FUN FOR LESS MONEY!!!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

As a divemaster I'm quite hard to impress with diveshops but I really liked SLDT. Really nice staff who were very knowledgable about the areas. I felt very safe at all times.The dive breifing and guiding was great. Lots of life around which was lovely to see (poor vis though which was expected). I thought it was also really good value for money.

Visited July 2014
5 Thank remtres

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great dive shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We did the discover scuba package for my partner, and i did a normal dive to accompany them. I did not have my card on me, and they were able to find my certification through PADI. The pool session was very good. Sasha was a fantastic instructor and very patient. The gear was quite old and worn, but worked. The boat had no cover, so make sure you are covered from the sun. Other than that, great shop, service and dive!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Grant W
Feli F, Owner at Sri Lanka Diving Tours - Trincomalee, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thanks a lot for your precious time taken. We are now up grading our gear to suit our guests needs.
thanks a lot for visiting Trincomalee.
Washington, DC
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Snorkeling trip not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was in Trincomalee for only 2 days. This trip was easily booked, and my boyfriend and I were on a small boat with two other tourists. (Very good service and attention). The snorkeling site is amazing, and you should come to Trincomalee specifically for that purpose! We saw sharks, a sea turtle, many starfish and amazing rainbow colored fishes of all types. I saw better wildlife than in Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and Puerto Vallarta. (Roatan, Honduras still has Trincomalee beat). However, if you are in Sri Lanka, you should DEFINITELY snorkel or scuba, and Sri Lanka Diving Tours will give you that great experience. The goggles, fins and snorkel provided all fit well. I recommend this team with confidence.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Tangelo17
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“This was a great decision!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I did my open water and advanced open water dive courses with Sri Lanka diving tours. This was an excellent choice. I did my course with Sasha, who is Sri Lanka's youngest dive instructor. I wasn't too sure about being able to finish my first course, because I am quite afraid of the sea. But Sasha was so patient and such a good teacher that I not only finished my first course, I am now an advanced open water diver as well. They are professional and well organized. Also quite flexible- so you can fix a schedule that suits you. The water around Trincomalee was great. Tons of fish and coral. And the visibility was great when I was there (May 2014).
I also had some extra time and did a snorkeling trip to pigeon island. This was exceptionally beautiful. We saw two turtles, 4-5 sharks, lots of amazing fish and gorgeous coral.
I'd definitely recommend diving with Sri Lanka Diving Tours.
Can't wait to come back and do some night dives as well as a wreck dive in Batticoloa!

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Paru33
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Very professional. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Professional, friendly and excellent service.
Sacha and the crew are very welcoming. We really enjoyed diving with Matteo.
We did six dives and a whale watching trip.
The dive sites are all open water dives and Pigeon Island was the best, with two dives there and amazing snorkelling too.
Lots of corals and colourful fish. Too many to log in fact!
Large cuttlefish and black tip reef sharks, some up to 7ft long (but shy).
My wife and I are both PADI divemasters.
$30 per dive.
$80 for 2 dives at Pigeon Island + park fees of 1700 rupees
Includes all equipment and tanks.
Fast but small boat