“Somewhat Less Than "Ordinary"”
Review of Sydney's Restaurant - CLOSED

Sydney's Restaurant
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: 387 Restaurant & Beer Parlor is the quintessential Family Restaurant located in Munising, Michigan with a diverse menu that caters to everyone. 387 has a great atmosphere to relax and enjoy yourself after a busy day of sightseeing or a long day at the office. Have a meal in 387's casual dining area or a specialty beer in the Beer Parlor. 387 offers full breakfast, lunch and dinner menus that include delicious omelets, sandwiches, burgers, steaks and fresh Lake Superior whitefish. You won't leave here hungry. Beyond the restaurant and lounge space, 387 also has a banquet hall and an outdoor space ideal for any wedding, business or private event needs. Whether it be food, beverage, music or designing a theme for your special day, 387 Restaurant & Beer Parlor is a full service venue with a team that can bring your vision to life. Some of the events we host include: Weddings Banquets Company parties Business meetings Holiday parties
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Went to Sydney's on recommendation of desk clerk at our motel.... oops! Both of us wanted white fish and so ordered the "basket" which is actually served on a plate. The fish were overdone and dry as were the onion rings. The sweet potato fries were the saving grace that prompted me to give Sydney's three points rather than two.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I ordered the fisherman's platter but the salad bar would have satisfied me just fine. This is not a place where you go to find long lists of wine or vast quantities of artisan beer. There's good food and a nice crowd and friendly staff. Dinner, done.

1  Thank Ketsiat
Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you are visiting the area or driving through town, it is the most convenient located family style restaurant with good food and a fun atmosphere. There is even a bar if you need to let loose. The staff for the most part is friendly and I have never had to wait long for the food to be delivered. I have heard they have a pretty good fish fry Friday, but I don't eat fish so I can't vouch for that....

The rest of my blog review is below:

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We ordered the pasty as an appetizer since it seemed like the thing to do while in the U.P., but it was dry, unusual and not worth finishing. We couldn't understand what the fuss was all about. Our server wasn't very personable, but warmed up to us by the end of our meal. The margaritas were good and the trout was tasty. I liked the small salad bar as well.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Greeted instantly, table was ready, waitress was helpful friendly and attentive, great food, great value.