“Excellent Pasties and Fudge”
Review of Muldoon's

Muldoon's
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Munising
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Looking for local flavor, we stopped for fudge and later came back for pasties and more fudge.

The fudge is possibly the best commercial fudge that I have had, and as good as the fudge my grandmother made. They offer many varieties. We tried the plain chocolate fudge and the walnut fudge. Both are top notch.

We also had pasties for lunch one day. These are an interesting variation on a pot pie without gravy. They are home made at Muldoon's and are top quality.

They don't offer much else.

The staff is quite friendly, like everyone we have met on the UP.

There are newer reviews for Muldoon's

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I think this trip my wife and I are on has tuned into a foodie trip. We have been blesses with one great restaurant after another (so far one exception, but that's a different review). If it's cold outside this is definitely a take out restaurant. The evening we visited it was 52 degrees Fahrenheit. Once we got our meal back to the hotel we enjoyed every bite. I had the beef pasty (pronounced past-tee) and my wife the chicken. Most people on here seem to think it needs gravy, but as a person born in this state, I think it's great as it is (without gravy). I do however think the gravy does help the chicken pasty but I will never eat the chicken as traditional pasties are made with beef. For those individuals who say it needs to be more moist keep in mind this was originally a meal that miners would take with them down into the mine. As a miner would you want to eat a drippy thing? I think not. Good job Muldoon's! Don't listen to the negative comments on here from people who had no idea what a pasty was until they got to Michigan. Keep doing what you're doing.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

As advertised, "Voted #1 Pastie"
These Pasties are the best that I have ever tasted. I would recommend the Beef over the Chicken, with gravy. The wife and daughter liked the Beef with ranch dressing. Also, a great gift shop with very unique gifts not seen in most shops. Great service with a friendly smile.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My cousin and I both tried apple pie pasties and she tried the beef and I had the veggie with gravy and we loved them! Not to mention the fun Yeti décore and statue!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Tried our first Pasties at Muldoon's. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had a chicken and a beef pasty, both were great.I wish I had brought some frozen ones home!