“Not what I ordered, but tasted pretty good”

Golden Heart Chinese-Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 23 September 2013

There were 3 small groups in the place when I went it. There were no employees in sight even though the bell on the door rang when I walked in. I waited for what seemed like a long time (probably only a few minutes), and when somebody came out they went straight to a table without even so much as looking at my direction. I could understand if they were taking food to the table, but they weren't.

I was already getting a bad feeling, but many is the time that the service sucks but the food is good, so I waited until they finally acknowledged me. I didn't see it on the menu, but I asked if they could make basil chicken for me and after a long pause he said yes. I paid ($10 per entree) and he said it would take 20 minutes.

I came back after about 25 minutes and they weren't ready yet. I had to wait another 15 minutes. I could see being off by 5-10 minutes, but this was double the estimate. Then I had to ask for chopsticks, forks, or something to eat it with. I was visiting the area. THAT took another 5 minutes.

When I got back to my room I was surprised to find that they hadn't given me what I ordered. I'm pretty sure it was because they didn't know what I ordered. I wasn't about to go back and have my patience tested again. It smelled pretty good, so I ate it. And it was good. Nothing great, but good. Along with the rice it was plenty of food, so I was content.

As far as I know this is the only chinese/thai place in town. But it doesn't matter. I wouldn't go back there again if it was the only one in the State. The service was poor and the food didn't make up for it.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

But most great places are! We ordered Honey Chicken and Cashew Chicken and both were excellent! Also had Crab Rangoons, which were ok.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very good quality and service. Kids all enjoyed and had plenty of food. Very quick service. General Tso's chicken and sweet and sour chicken were the favorites. Not much for looks.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

After reading reviews, we thought this would be a good choice. We travel to the Munising area often and have a difficult time getting good food. Service was pretty poor. We asked for things that were never brought during our meal. It is very dirty and in need of a scrubbing. Food was not much better. Vegetables with very little meat, we had to search for it. I think we probably could have got frozen Chinese at the grocery store with better results.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Hardly any service and what little had to be asked for. This could have been redeemed with OKAY food. However, all we got was salty sauce and under cooked rice noodles. I have better Pad Thai in the microwaveable format.