“A great 1950's style roadside motel.”
Review of Scotty's Motel

Scotty's Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munising
Scotty's Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Munising B&B and Inns
“A great 1950's style roadside motel.”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

I like this place a lot and stay here often, if i can get a room. Its a small, family owned one floor motel that makes me feel like I'm in a time of road travel long ago lost. No pool, no view, and no spa, but one room actally has its own carport! Great staff/owner and a price that cant be beat.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Audiotronix

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Stafford
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Sitting blocks from downtown Munising, Scotty’s Motel provided me and my family with a get-away that we could afford. Our rooms were big with beds (and quietness) that allowed us to sleep comfortably after our long days of exploring the Upper Peninsula.

A special thanks to Ray and Donna for their spot-on dinner recommendations, and they helped us make the most of our family vacation.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Daniel N
Rio Rico, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Thanks Ray and Donna. You made our stay enjoyable and restful. We'll be staying at Scotty's again on our next trip to Munising! I really appreciate the friendly service and the fact that you are located close to downtown,but still in a quiet setting.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank David L
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Scotty's is a classic "Route 66" looking motel outside and in. The room prices are probably the lowest in town which is good if you aren't looking for much more than a warm place to sleep. I had a small room with a double bed but it was exactly what I was looking for. Sure, it's not the nicest place in town and it could have been cleaner but I wasn't expecting much. The bed and bathroom were clean which is the most important. The small chair was rather beat up and some of the corners of the room were a little dusty but I don't sleep on the floor so for $34 a night (tax included) I wasn't going to complain. To sum it up, I probably wouldn't take the kids here or even a significant other that can't handle a little age in lodgings, but if you are looking for rock-bottom rates and a solid location in Munising, this is probably the place for you.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank ndap987s3w
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed here for two nights to balance the budget after springing for a very expensive place in Marquette. It's an old courtyard style motel from the late '40s, right on the edge of 'downtown'. It looks very cute from the outside, but it is not being kept up very well.

The fellow who checked us in was friendly, and had good recommendations for places to eat. The rate was dirt cheap, just $38, tax included. The room was pretty large, and had a fridge and a small TV. Sadly, the level of cleanliness was pretty bad. Whoever had been vacuuming had not gotten to the baseboards in a long time, so there was a thin dusty ring around the wall. The upholstery on the fold-out sofa was pretty gross. The bathroom, which is the easiest room to clean, was appalling. The tub looked like it was under the care of one of my slobbier roommates from my bachelor days. The bottom was completely gray. It also drained very slowly.

I can't complain about the bed, or the quiet night's rest we got. The location is very convenient to most of the dining options, but there are other cute old motels in the area that have to be cleaner, and probably don't cost too much more.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank roadtripperMaryland

Travellers are raving about these Munising hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Munising
Holiday Inn Express Munising -  Lakeview
Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Munising
Roam Inn
Roam Inn
#2 of 11 in Munising
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising
Pictured Rocks Inn & Suites
North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks

Been to Scotty's Motel? Share your experiences!