“Affordable Legitimate Lodging”
Review of Scotty's Motel

Scotty's Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munising
Scotty's Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Munising B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Of twenty trips to Munising, I usually camp or hit the nearby Days Inn (for the hot tub). This time around, funds were a little tight, as gas prices hit $4, so I was a bit cost-conscious. I called and was given the rate of $40. Checked out the room beforehand, and it was clean. A bit on the old side, but for Munising, lodging is all about a good night's sleep before tackling the miles of Pictured Rocks trails, biking Grand Island, or even tackling the trails of Stink Hill. And, truth be told, many of the best bargains in traveling the UP are the old "motor lodges".

Bathroom was clean, interior arrangements were acceptable. This is an older motel, so if you want bells and whistles and other pampering, this may not be your spot. However, for a roof over your head, clean room, quietness and security of your belongings while you take in all Munising has to offer, Scotty's cannot be beat. Additionally, the hosts could not have been more friendlier and accommodating, with compelling knowledge and insight to see and do so much more than I had planned on my stay.

I look forward to staying at Scotty's Motel on future visits.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank George F

Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

I like this place a lot and stay here often, if i can get a room. Its a small, family owned one floor motel that makes me feel like I'm in a time of road travel long ago lost. No pool, no view, and no spa, but one room actally has its own carport! Great staff/owner and a price that cant be beat.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Audiotronix
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Sitting blocks from downtown Munising, Scotty’s Motel provided me and my family with a get-away that we could afford. Our rooms were big with beds (and quietness) that allowed us to sleep comfortably after our long days of exploring the Upper Peninsula.

A special thanks to Ray and Donna for their spot-on dinner recommendations, and they helped us make the most of our family vacation.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Daniel N
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Thanks Ray and Donna. You made our stay enjoyable and restful. We'll be staying at Scotty's again on our next trip to Munising! I really appreciate the friendly service and the fact that you are located close to downtown,but still in a quiet setting.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank David L
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Scotty's is a classic "Route 66" looking motel outside and in. The room prices are probably the lowest in town which is good if you aren't looking for much more than a warm place to sleep. I had a small room with a double bed but it was exactly what I was looking for. Sure, it's not the nicest place in town and it could have been cleaner but I wasn't expecting much. The bed and bathroom were clean which is the most important. The small chair was rather beat up and some of the corners of the room were a little dusty but I don't sleep on the floor so for $34 a night (tax included) I wasn't going to complain. To sum it up, I probably wouldn't take the kids here or even a significant other that can't handle a little age in lodgings, but if you are looking for rock-bottom rates and a solid location in Munising, this is probably the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank ndap987s3w
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed here for two nights to balance the budget after springing for a very expensive place in Marquette. It's an old courtyard style motel from the late '40s, right on the edge of 'downtown'. It looks very cute from the outside, but it is not being kept up very well.

The fellow who checked us in was friendly, and had good recommendations for places to eat. The rate was dirt cheap, just $38, tax included. The room was pretty large, and had a fridge and a small TV. Sadly, the level of cleanliness was pretty bad. Whoever had been vacuuming had not gotten to the baseboards in a long time, so there was a thin dusty ring around the wall. The upholstery on the fold-out sofa was pretty gross. The bathroom, which is the easiest room to clean, was appalling. The tub looked like it was under the care of one of my slobbier roommates from my bachelor days. The bottom was completely gray. It also drained very slowly.

I can't complain about the bed, or the quiet night's rest we got. The location is very convenient to most of the dining options, but there are other cute old motels in the area that have to be cleaner, and probably don't cost too much more.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple