“I would stay here again!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Munising
Timber Ridge Motel & Lodge
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Munising
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I loved the fact that it's not in town. It was very quiet and peaceful. Every room has their own balcony overlooking the lake. Cleaner than a lot of the places that we've ever stayed! The beds were very comfortable. Management was very accommodating and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Thenims

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Very simple and basic, very clean. The hotel is located in the middle of a forest, the porch overlooks a pond. It is very quiet. It so happened, that my husband and I were the only guests there. 6 miles from the huge city Munising (about 2500 residents) so you get the idea. They provide a sauna.

Room Tip: No pool, no fitness center. Great sauna. Ideal for people that want this kind of retreat.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle_sam
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

Before we even arrived, the owners were calling and checking to see if we had directions to their place ( I guess the GPS can lead you slightly off course). Mike and Mary Sue were very nice on the phone and helpfull with all my questions.
When we arrived, we found there was plenty of room for our truck and larger snowmobile trailer and for the other 4-5 trailers that were there when we left. The rooms come with a simple kitchenette and a nice shelf by the front door that can hold 4 helmets easily. Each room had a patio door leading to a small balcony overlooking Hovey Lake and ours had a Queen bed in the beedroom and living area. The sauna and pool table in the Rec room was a nice touch and felt great after the rides. Very comfortable and quiet place to relax after a day on the trails! We will be back
P.S. With all the waterfalls and lighthouses nearby, I'm thinking of coming back in the summer for a "girls" weekend and exploring the area.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank angela O
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed here for a week while participating in a photography workshop. The rooms are spacious, clean and very quiet. The room had one queen bed, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, WiFi, and dish TV. My room also had a sitting room with a sofa, & small kitchen table. Each room has a balcony that looks over a lake. The owners are very helpful and friendly. It about 10 mins from Munising. There are many areas to walk in the woods. A great place to disconnect from the world and relax.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Pam682
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The owners are so nice. My husband and I were there to participate in a photography workshop. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable, and the peacefulness of the surroundings were just what we needed. I became ill while staying there, nothing serious, but the owner made phone calls for me. Very impressive and I would stay there again

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HapyTravlr
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Timber Ridge is only 10-15 minutes drive from Munising. It's in the woods overlooking a lake.The room is clean, quiet, and very spacious. There are two queen-size beds and one king-size sofa bed. The owner is very friendly. We only stayed there for one night so we didn't get to use all the amenities mentioned by the other reviews. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MuzunguSisters
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Timber Ridge is very secluded, yet a great value for the area. It's only about 10 minutes to Munising. The rooms have a sofa, fridge, toasters, microwave and quilt spreads. The rooms are very clean which is a plus in my book. If you want quiet, and I mean it's quiet enough to write a book here, this is the place. Henry David Thoreau could have lived here!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 4catcouple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munising
Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Munising
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising
White Pine Lodge
White Pine Lodge
#2 of 2 in Christmas

Been to Timber Ridge Motel & Lodge? Share your experiences!