Timber Ridge Motel & Lodge
US$122
Roam Inn(Munising)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$211
Alger Falls Motel(Munising)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$130
US$101
Sunset Motel on the Bay(Munising)(Great Value!)
US$100
Terrace Motel(Munising)
All reviewsbalcony overlookingsmall lakepool tablepeace and quietkitchen sinkliving roompaddle boatsmicrowave and mini fridgewifi connectionoff the beaten pathgreat viewcoffee potstayed nightswagner fallsplace to stayroom was clean and comfortablemike
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and two little ones along with my in-laws stayed in two rooms here over the 4th of July weekend. The location is fantastic. It overlooks a very picturesque lake, is completely surrounded by forest, yet is less than a ten minute drive into town. Also, there is a restaurant and bar two minutes away.

The exterior is well kept and tranquil with picnic tables, benches, and grills scattered throughout. They also have a small rec room with a pool table and a sauna. The rooms were nicely sized with a comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, and satellite television. Also, everyday, our room was cleaned, clothes folded, and items organized. We were very impressed. We all felt that for the price we paid, the hotel was an amazing value.

If you stay here you will not regret it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank cwb631
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is really nice cabin which would give you an experience to stay in the real woods but with all the modern facilities. Room is equipped with all the required things, clean bathrooms, really cosy beds and the most amazing thing is little Patio just to sit out to have your morning coffee. Our room had a patio overlooking a small, quaint lake. You can look at the very beautiful sky full of stars in the night..its breathtaking!
I would definitely go back here again. Located little remote with not some many things around but the owners are so helpful with directions and everything else.
Was really a fantastic stay, Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AmrutaG_13
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very nice place to stay and quiet! Great Northern experience!

Our stay at the lodge was for only one night, our room was overlooking the lake with a great balcony. (see Picture, view from balcony).

Our room was set up with separate bedroom and bathroom from living room and small kitchen. So in case someone wanted to go to bed early, and the other people wanted to watch TV there would be no problems. Great firm comfortable bed !!!!!!!!

It was very peaceful and quiet, true Northern country living.

Would definitely stay here again when we are back in the area. Mike was very helpful in suggesting places to eat in the area.

Thanks

Lary1047

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank lary1047
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you want real UP experience you want to choose to stay at Timber Ridge. Away from all commercial hustle yet equipped with all required things..real rustic experience!
The location and the atmosphere are totally worth a little drive away from the town. Mike and Sue were great hosts and very helpful. Would definitely go back there!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amruta01
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We just came back from a trip to Michigan U.P. We stayed at the motel part of the timber ridge motel and lodge. For us Michiganders, it was very nostalgic and like family. Moderate rustic feel with good creature comforts. The shower was hot and the room clean. There is woods all around and the facility sits up on a ridge, hence, Timber Ridge. There is a balcony in the bedroom we had that looked down a steep slope to Hoovey Lake. It is not a swimming lake, but it was beautiful to look at from our room. The trees were starting to turn and the mix of green and reds encircling the mirrored lake was relaxing, the morning misty fog over the lake made a majestic back drop for two ducks cruising across the lake.
We went on the "Miss superior" boat cruise to pictured rocks. It was nice, a little chilly and my face got a sunburn I wish I had prepared a little better for that. But, it was awesome, for someone who does not have boating skills. The captain explained, and entertained as we viewed the rock formations on Superior's shores, With a little dry humor he disclosed little tidbits of data that made it all that much more interesting.
We stayed 3 nights and seen much of the area and them some. Numerous Water falls in the Munising area were worthwhile treking back in the woods to, just prepare to climb stairs.
Getting to the motel DO NOT USE GPS as it is horrible up in the UP. The signs that Timber Ridge have up mark the corners of the roads to turn on. I found that coming in from 94 I would turn on sixteen lake rd and immediatley look for the Left fork to the lodge on Buckthorn rd. once I passed the signs to go to Otter lake camp ground I start looking for the sign and mailbox on the right side of the road into Timber Ridge all gravel not the two track with grass in the middle of it. I know that when I turned on the road that I was supposed to go on the GPS went Ballistic, wanting me to turn around ad go on a dirt road don't do it, All roads to the motel were paved. She gps gal tried to have us turn off into the woods, without even a snowmobile trail there. Use map! follow motels markers. Some of the roads will get you stuck. Our phone service cut out in many areas in the U.P. and our hosts warned not to depend on electronics to get around. The local people are friendly and I believe if you were in distress they would come to your aid. I loved not having a cookie cutter place to stay. As we were checking out a turkey was gobbling loudly just a ways off in the woods.
My husband talked with Mike about wood working, and snow and snowmobiles and he is just easy going, easy to talk to guy who is always working.
I would go back.
The room had wi fi and dish Tv and a small fridge and microwave a small toaster and coffee maker, and sink for us to use. They have a sauna in the check in area and a pool table, but I really don't know how to play pool and sauna's are a little alien to me and I had not planned to need a bathing suit, so we did not try it. Mike said that the snowmobilers like it to warm up after snowmobile riding. There is a small garage that he said that they may use in a pinch if need be. Mike and Sue are locals and know the area well. There is a restaurant/ roadhouse just down the road from the motel but, we did not try it as we always got back into the motel so late in the evening, but it looked good from the outside.
Thanks for a wonderful time PN

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple