“Nice quiet spot right on the bay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Munising
Beach Inn Motel on Munising Bay
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Munising
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice quiet spot right on the bay”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

They play a little fast and loose with the word "beach," there was no beach there, but it was a lovely quiet stretch of waterfront. Room was clean, modern. Grounds were welcoming. Being a very small hotel also meant that having my breakfast on the seating next to the water was peaceful, tranquil.

Room Tip: Downstairs is better if you want to walk right out to the lake from your room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I am stunned by the incompetence of the staff at this hotel. I made my reservation on their website a month in advance and selected two rooms next to each other because I had my 2 young sisters traveling with me and I even reinforced in the comments section that the rooms needed to be next to each other. Only after 8 hours of driving to Munising and at the actual check-in I was informed that one of the rooms I reserved had already been given to another customer. I showed the young lady at the counter my reservation confirmation with the specific room numbers on it and she called in what looked like a maintenance man. The only thing he offered me to rectify the situation was to release my reservation entirely. He was SO SO RUDE!!!!! He was almost yelling at me when I insisted that I needed adjoining rooms . He didn't even apologize - he said that "sometimes we give other people the rooms"- apparently it's hotel policy NOT to honor their reservations. To add insult to injury, the hostess almost charged me $130 more than the actual rate. I had to calculate the rates for her and walk her through the math. DO NOT COME HERE! It would be a waste of your vacation days . The hotel is ok but not great and yes, although it is on the bay, there is no beach.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Rosemary L
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We were able to book at room at the last minute due to a cancellation. Glad we did! Although the room had a few spots on the ceiling that needed repair, it was quiet, clean and comfortable. The yard leading to the water was well kept with many adirondack chairs for relaxing by the water. They have a fire pit and grills for guest use on the lawn as well. The customer service was top notch too. Rates were on the high side but worth it for tranquility the location provided.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed here for one night while visiting Pictured Rocks. The hotel is nice, while quite bland. Not much artwork or decor, it looked pretty sterile when we first pulled in. The room we had was nice - although no one had cleaned under the bed or moved any furniture to vacuum for quite some time. Nice large bathroom. We really needed a rollaway, but none were available. The morning breakfast buffet was nice, although not over the top - pretty basic, but good coffee and selection of items, friendly staff. The room desperately needed some hooks or a place to hang clothes, towels, anything. There was no closet - and no where to hang anything. The only mirror for getting ready was in the bathroom. Minimal furniture. Close to town and Pictured Rocks - but you can't really walk anywhere from this location. Be careful down by the water, my son slipped on the stairs that go into the water and scraped himself up pretty bad. Pretty yard at the lake, but not really a swimming area here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Rates seem high for the area but is is on the water.
Staff not real friendly or flexible, but it is on the water.
From 1st floor you can hear every step from upstairs, but it is on the water.
Grassy area near beach is full of goose poop, but it is on the water.

Room Tip: Don't stay on first floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last year and loved it, so decided to come back again. We even requested a specific room, so one would think it would be ready for us.

When we got into our room, there were large and very obvious spider webs in every corner of the ceiling complete with dead bugs and one had a large spider in it. It was awful.

The bathroom looked as if it had maybe been superficially wiped with a rag but the tub was beyond gross, and there was a dirty towel left hanging on the back of the bathroom door.

We called the front desk right away and the desk clerk came to get the towels and brought new ones. She said she would let someone know about the spider webs and they'd deal with them the next day.

The next day, we got a hold of the morning desk clerk again about the spider webs because they were really grossing us out. The guy came and took a look at the room and agreed with us right away that it was unacceptable. He offered to make it right in whatever way we saw fit. We appreciated that and it gave us renewed hope.

We left for a day of activities and when we came back, the room was much cleaner and smelled clean. The tub was still a mess though. We think it might be permanently stained - but it still looks nasty.

We still like this place for its location, nice back yard on the water, grills, fridge and microwave but will look into other options next time we come to Munising. Glad the staff handled our complaints right but the cleanliness of our room is the most important thing we look for in a hotel/motel, especially when it costs over $100 a night.

Stayed August 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Quaint motel along the lake. They even had an area for a bonfire, and plenty of chairs set up outside. The employees of the motel were very friendly and accommodating. We only stayed there one night, but everything was good!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munising
Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Munising
Holiday Inn Express Munising -  Lakeview
Roam Inn
Roam Inn
#2 of 11 in Munising
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising
North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks
Pictured Rocks Inn & Suites

Been to Beach Inn Motel on Munising Bay? Share your experiences!