“Only Brew pub in town with Microbrews”

Shooters Firehouse Brewpub
Ranked #16 of 30 Restaurants in Munising
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Recommended by the wait staff at Sydney's restaurant.. Probably 6 or 7 local patrons in there for happy hour which runs from 2-6..more of a Busch light crowd..They have a selection if 6 micro brews.. A couple IPAs, a couple Porters and a couple of other choices..Nice to find a place with some tasty brews..Not really much food to speak of other than burgers and fries and pizza....nice place..The bartender was the brewer...very friendly and nice....I would like to see this business do well, but it is not right downtown on bar street..If you are a drinker of craft beers...this is the spot in Musining.

1  Thank hoccl

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Friendly staff, good eats. We were the only ones there on a weekday, sat out in the patio and had a few drinks and some appetizers.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stopped here while visiting our friends that live in the area and were surprised how fun of a time we had! They have a large selection of Michigan beers, craft included as well as well drinks! We did not sample the food menu however, they were full for lunch! I would not recommend the "locally made beer" that they have on tap, it was not drinkable, and tasted unfinished. When we asked who made it, we were told a local guy...well, it wasn't good. BUT they have a great staff and loads and loads of other things to drink that are delicious! We will definitely be going back next time we are up there to try the food and have another drink!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I went to Shooters as a part of my brewery tour of the U.P., and I was thoroughly impressed. I tried all 6 beers that were on tap, and every single one was fantastic. Each one was bursting with flavor, which I find to be incredibly refreshing in the midst of all the subtle-flavored microbreweries popping up. My favorite was the Peach Wheat. I've tried hundreds of beers and have visited many breweries and Shooters tops my list. Keep thinking outside the box and keep it up guys! P.S. The bartenders are so nice!

1  Thank Caitlyn C
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Glad we didn't bring the kids with us, we were considering it for dinner, went to Sydney's instead (which was good and had local beers). When we went in there was no one at the bar, the country music was blaring, and after a few minutes, when the bartender was done dancing with a patron, she came around to the bar to take our order. The patron then jumped up and danced on the bar next to my husband while we ordered. Kind of gross. We just smiled and waited for our beer.
The two microbrews were weird tasting, not sure what I was drinking, didn't finish it. We've tried many microbrews, my husband makes some too, so I usually enjoy trying something different. Not in this case though. The people there were not drinking it so ....hmmm.

2  Thank Therese D