“Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Waitress was helpful, friendly, and right on point with her suggestions for breakfast. The locals eating there were engaging and happy to suggest places to visit in Munising.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to have lunch here on a Monday against the advice of some of the locals. The inside of the restaurant is cute, but kitchy. I am not sure what the story is behind having a hillbilly 'Lil Abner theme in the middle of the U.P.? Our waitress had a horrible attitude and seemed annoyed that we were there. The menu was large, but over priced for some of the items. Sandwiches run about $10 and if you want salad bar add another $6. We decided to get the lunch special which was a cheeseburger, chips and salad bar for $11 per person, not including drink. The burger was average, and the salad bar was too. Decent selection of salad bar items, but nothing special. They only had one option for soup. I think having at least 2 soup choices should be a minimal
standard. They were not busy, but waitress never came back to get our credit card, we had to go to the bar to pay. The gift shop was a joke. Most of the shelves were empty and the shirts were messy and unorganized. I suggest they lower the price of the salad bar if you add it to your meal, minimize the menu to focus on making better quality items, update and organize the gift shop, add some items to the soup/salad bar and teach staff about friendly customer service, especially to the tourists who increase your towns economy by relying on good customer service to come back and for future recommendations.

1  Thank Christina E
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Service is great, but sadly the food is nothing to remember. Not bad food, just average. Nice atmosphere and very family friendly.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband got the fish sandwich, he said it was excellent. I ordered off the soup and salad bar. Pretty average salad bar, would have been nice to have more than one option for soup,but it tasted fine. I would have liked to pay a little less for what was offered and the quality. Overall we were satisfied, and felt it had good service.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our group decided to give Dogpatch a try for breakfast before heading out on our colors tour. We walked in and were not approached by anyone, so we figured you just find your own seating. After a couple minutes we were approached by a waitress to take our order. We all decided to have the breakfast buffet which is roughly $8/person. They did have quite a variety of breakfast foods however, that's where the good ends. I grabbed an assortment of American potatoes, french toast sticks, biscuits and gravy, sausage, etc. First off the potatoes were cold, so I moved on to the french toast, tried cutting it up my fork would not even pierce it! It was beyond frustrating. So in the end I ended up paying $8 to eat a couple sausage links and biscuits and gravy. The service was horrible, the waitress didn't check on us once! We had to flag down a waitress passing by to get refills and ketchup.Our group were all noticeably done eating and it took awhile to get our bill to us. After that we waited and waited and finally approached the waitress to pay our bill, she was not busy by the way. I would not recommend wasting your time going to this place, it's just a big disappointment!