“discusting !!!don't stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Munising Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Munising
Munising Motel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Munising
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“discusting !!!don't stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

husband and i went to munising for short vaca. attractions were great. sydney's restaurant food was great. fish was awesome. the motel however,was not. upon first glance the room was ok.but not great. getting a closer look was scarry. there were spider webs in the corners, dirty air conditioner, stained carpet. the bathroom was wasn't just small, it was tiny. but the real problem was the condition of the bathroom. the faucet was dripping all night long. when you turned the taps on they would not turn off. the floor was ripped linoleum that was not even stuck to the floor. the two foot by two foot shower had a pealing ceiling, mold on the opening, rust along the walls and on the drain, no shelf (no room for you and a shelf) for your stuff, and the drain was clogged somehow . when you took a shower, the water never drained and overflowed onto the bathroom floor. the shower was still not draining half an hour after the shower. the panelling in the bathroom was pulling off all the walls. the only plug in that was in the bedroom did not work.
coming back from the tours late,the office was closed. we left at around nine in the morning and the office was closed then too. no one to call or complain to.
i realise that for the price, you don't expect much, but this is unexeptable under any conditions. you are after all, still paying for a room.
what upsets me even more, is that we went there on recommendation of the visitors bureau, because i decided to help out the locals instead of going to a big chain. won't be doing that again. stay well clear of this place. very disappointing stay. the owners should be ashamed.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank terthib

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saugatuck
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

Room was clean, lots of towels provided and a HOT shower. The frig in the room barely kept anything cold, but there was plenty of ice. My husband, son, brother in law and father in law were staying in a MENS only cabin in Wetmore, so basically most of the time I was alone. So staying there for 4 nights I had to take the meat and mayo I had to them, because the frig was not cold enough. BUT, the service was good, and when they cleaned my room after a couple days (only because I didn't need them to before that) it was nice and fresh in there. I could smell the clean sheets and they did febreeze the room. I slept really well at night, better than usual when I am away from home. I didn't think I would because the wall are thin, but everyone else staying quieted down and really were not that noisy to begin with. The room was $64.99/night and I got a 10% discount for mentioning that I saw her ad in one of the brochures on the wall. I had made reservations at another hotel about a month before but saw such bad reviews on it, that I scrambled a couple days before our scheduled trip to fine one and when I called the owner, Vicky was very helpful. I also had a couple questions about the area when I was there and found them very pleasant. I would definitely stay there again if we were in that area.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2010

My husband and I stayed here on our trip through the upper pennisula and the motel was as nice and clean as the beautiful town it's in. The lady at the desk was friendly and took the time to tell us all about Munising and what it has to offer. The rooms were clean and the carpet was new. The room was freashly painted and the bed nice. The bathrooms were old, but clean. I plan on visiting Munising in the fall and I will be staying here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank haveinfun
Saskatoon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

I thought the room was awful.... dim lighting to hide filth. the toilet was tilted on an angle. the bath tissue looked as if it had been wet and dried . the shower was painted sheet metal. no soap dish no shelf for shampoo. the water in the shower ran hot and cold making you jump from the heat to cold..no tub, no fan rusted lights in bathroom buckled walls from moisture. the carpet felt dirty sticky and there was an awful smell in the room . pretty much every thing is outdated. , people in room above us had us up half the night . the front of the building has been recently sided making it appear to be a nicer place than it is.. dont be fooled I had trouble even giving it a 1 on a scale of 1-5.. y

• Stayed September 2009
2 Thank tyme2talk

Travellers are raving about these Munising hotels

IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2005

We stayed overnight in Munising at a great $45 rate at this motel and were quite pleased. One other place up the road was asking over $100 for a room. The room was pretty small but it was clean, had a new air conditioner, was in a convenient location, and there was coffee, ice and a microwave in the office. In all, a good stay. I'd stay there again. Here is their web page: ----

3 Thank WorldWideTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munising
Holiday Inn Express Munising -  Lakeview
Pictured Rocks Inn & Suites
Village Inn Motel
Village Inn Motel
#1 of 1 in Chatham

Been to Munising Motel? Share your experiences!