“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Munising
Winchester, VA
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Wonderful view. Great indoor pool and hot tub. Wonderful breakfast. Perfect location. Only fyi...staff has to tell you to eat at the Dogpatch in town if you ask for a recommendation...same owner. Way overpriced and food not good. Drive 15 miles out of town to the Haywire...much better...great food, service, and price!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank suzieg24
Munising49862, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munising - Lakeview, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
We appreciate your comments on the Holiday Inn Express In Munising. Our goal is to "wow" our guests with a quality experience, friendly customer service, and of course, our view! We hope you will come back and visit us. Thank you for your patronage..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed on 6/28 & 6/29/14. Hotel is on a hilltop overlooking Lake Superior - make sure to get a balcony room with a view. Rooms were very clean, beds comfortable, staff friendly and breakfast was average.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank EKeane
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on the Holiday Inn Express Lakeview. We are always happy to hear feedback from our guests, and to share our wonderful view! Safe Travels.
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Our family of five is tough to get a room that accommodates us. But HIX's presidential Suite has 2 bedrooms with king size beds, 2 bathrooms, and a couch or rollaway. For a reasonable price. And the views out the windows of Lake Superior: Amazing!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Arnie G
Thank you for writing a review on our hotel in Munising. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our spectacular view of Lake Superior and Grand Island. We hope you will come back and visit us soon!
Burlington, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I enjoyed my recent one-night stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Munising, MI. Its location on Lake Superior is just beautiful! It is also about 1 mile west of the city of Munising, so it was nice and quiet. I arrived to check in at about 6:45 in the evening. The desk clerk was quick and efficient with my check in, but she did not seem overly friendly or personable. She did not make any small talk with me like other staff at different hotels have. But, I was quickly taking luggage to my room. I had a standard king-bed room on the 3rd floor facing the highway. Unfortunately when I made my reservation (less than a week before), the only lake side room left was a handicap accessible room on the 1st floor. I did not feel right about taking a handicap room in case someone really needed it (and there was a family with a child in a wheelchair staying when I did). I settled for the highway side room. I thought $199 for a weeknight was very expensive considering I didn't even have a lake view. I am staying on the lake in St. Ignace later on my trip for about $20 less than that per night--how does that work?! Anyway, the room was clean and comfortable. It was obviously cleaned well. I enjoyed the various amenities the hotel offered--fitness room, indoor pool/whirlpool, continental breakfast. The pool area was very spacious, and that is always nice. Even with 4 or 5 other families in the pool area when I was, it did not feel crowded at all. The hot tub is one of the largest I have seen in a chain hotel! I really enjoyed spending time in the pool and whirlpool. The breakfast was incredible, as it always is at HI Express locations--love the cinnamon rolls and pancake machine! I definitely got a hearty breakfast! I like the showerheads at HI Express, too! My stay was really nice, and I wish I could have spent more time in the Munising area.

I did have a case of insomnia during my stay here for some reason--not the fault of the hotel, but I did not sleep well for some reason. I very rarely have trouble sleeping at home or in hotels, so I am not sure what happened. I was using the Internet computer in the lobby when a family asked the desk clerk for directions to the hospital because their daughter was throwing up and she walked through the area getting sick into a bag, so I am thinking that I was kind of freaked out by that. In any case, I wish my sleep quality had been better here. This really is not the hotel's fault, though.

I really enjoyed my stay. The only reason I dropped to 4 stars is the high rate I was charged for a weeknight, which I found somewhat out of line. Would definitely recommend this hotel in Munising!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our breakfast and our large pool area. Thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you again!
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Holiday Inn Express - Munising is a beautiful hotel. The staff is friendly and the lake view rooms have a magnificent view. The breakfast was delicious (esp. the cinnamon rolls) and it was wonderful to eat outside on the patio overlooking the lake and Grand Island. The rooms are nice and clean.The pool was a huge hit with our children - very big with a mushroom and in a very pretty vaulted room. The location is perfect if you're looking for a boat ride (we recommend the Riptide Ride) or to hike, visit waterfalls or to see the Pictured Rocks Natl. Lakeshore (Miner's Castle area is lovely).

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra cost for a balcony lake view room!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Maria S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Munising - Lakeview, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property, your words are very much appreciated! There is a lot to do in Munising, but I am glad to see you enjoyed the Riptide Ride, it is my favorite as well (although all tours are amazing!). Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope that you come see us again soon!
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very clean and well taken care of. Beds were ok..not the best. Breakfast buffet was good as well.
The only negative thing about our stay was the people directly above us let their kids run around and jump all over the place at 11pm which kept us up. Seriously people..how rude can you be?

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. My sincerest apologies about the noise issues you experienced during your stay. We will be remodeling soon and will be improving our soundproofing during that process as well so I do hope you choose to stay with us again. Thanks again!
Traverse City, MI
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at this spot June 19 & 20, 2014.
The rooms are spacious - the breakfast plentiful and the hotel clean. The pool area was super nice and even included a shower & sauna. It's a great location for day trips throughout the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Be sure to stop at the visitors center to get a map as there is super spotty cell/GPS service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank northernmimom
We are so glad to see you had a great experience with us. We do appreciate you taking the time to share your rating and comments. Thank you so much for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munising
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising
Pictured Rocks Inn & Suites
Alger Falls Motel
Alger Falls Motel
#8 of 11 in Munising

Been to Holiday Inn Express Munising - Lakeview? Share your experiences!