“My "go to" place to stay when traveling in the UP”
Review of Terrace Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Munising
Terrace Motel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Munising
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I discovered the Terrace in 2007 and have returned at least once a year since. It is a great location right off of M-28 in town. It is close to all that Munising has to offer - Lake Superior, Pictured rocks, Waterfalls and is not too far from Marquette (or Houghton really) or Newberry and Tahq Falls in the other direction. The old and new owners were and are fantastic. Each room is unique, some with wallpaper others with wood paneled walls. There is cable, wireless internet and a nice bathroom in each room. (Bring your own toiletries though). There is a community area with a fridge, microwave, pool table etc. and a snowmobile repair shop. It is not far from a grocery store and a gas station, nestled back in the neighborhood. Walking distance to Sydney's restaurant as well. There is coffee for guests in the lobby office as well as brochures and coupons for UP attractions. I have stayed in the Fall and awoke to amazing colors outside my window looking up the hillside. I have stayed in the Summertime (fans needed! no AC) and sat out on the porch of the room until well past dark. And also during winter (one of the only guests without a sled) and enjoyed a snowy hike to Wagner Falls and a trip over to Winter Carnival at MTU. It is taken me this long to rate on Trip Advisor because I have never encountered a No Vacancy and want it to stay that way so I can take spontaneous trips up north but they deserve a top rating. Just book in advance for the peak seasons. The most recent trip was with family, but I have been here alone, with my husband and with friends. Each time has been great. The owner is very helpful and friendly and I love this place. Can't beat the price! Remember, it is not the Hilton but a motel in a small town up north. Expectations should be akin. :)

Room Tip: Away from the community area if you don't want to hear the kids playing. I love the wood panele...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Megan A

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I have stayed at the Terrace before but with the new mattress's this place can't be beat. The owner is friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. The rooms are very clean and the rates are good too. The location is great. You're close to just about everything, within walking distance to many places in town, in a quiet residential area (not right on the highway), and perfect for snowmobilers in the winter. Snowmobile parking right at your door and the trail is right out of the Terrace's backyard. You can stay in town and not have to touch a single street or worry about curfews. Definitely the best place in the area for snowmobilers to stay, location, location, location. Highly reccomended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheTw0OfUs
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed in the hotel this past June 2013. The room had a smell to it. The carpet was dirty. We could see dirty footprints across the carpet. The bathroom sink would not drain. The bathroom drain was also missing the fittings in the drain. The beds were not comfortable. I was happy to sleep in my tent the next night which I knew was clean. I would seriously consider spending more money at a different place before staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Greug J
Reviewed 9 January 2014

A place a dad could really go for! Posh as posh needs to be. It was a fantastic stay! Friendly owners and hot showers! Steps away from good restaurants, good beers, and minutes from pictured rocks. Me and my kids will be back for another trip for sure. Reminds me of my grandfathers hunting camp. Dad city, baybeh!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I found The Terrace Motel clean, quiet, and reasonably priced. I stayed there in early autumn on the second night of a five-day Mom & Son road trip. My son reserved the two-room suite for us and it was perfect. Larry's suggestions for supper and breakfast also were on the money and his directions to the Pictured Rocks area saved us quite a bit of time -- otherwise we would have gotten lost due to road-construction detours.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I backpacked Pictured Rocks and needed a place to stay before and after. Terrace Motel was great. It was inexpensive, comfortable and it was a quick walk into town. Like many have said, Larry is such a great host. When we got back from our backpacking trek several days later, he greeted us and asked how the trek was.

There are some larger hotels outside of Munising, but they cost much more and aren't, in my opinion, ideal locations. I'd definitely recommend Terrace.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmc1of3
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I chose this place because of the good reviews and I was not disappointed. The room was clean and quite comfy. It's not luxurious but it is in a quite part of town within easy walking distance of the main drag and some restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JRinGlendaleMO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munising
Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Munising
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising
Alger Falls Motel
Alger Falls Motel
#8 of 11 in Munising

Been to Terrace Motel? Share your experiences!