“Good location but,,”
Review of Terrace Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Munising
Terrace Motel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Munising
Indiana
“Good location but,,”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The price was by far the best that I found around munising and surrounding areas. The room had a queen size bed and the room was quaint. Since this was a vacation, I didn't care too much, but my wife didn't like that there was no bathtub with only a stand up shower. I am a big man, but had a hard time taking a shower in such cramped spaces. The only negative I had about this place is that the WIFI is almost laughable. It cuts in and out so frequently that it is almost not worth using.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Minicoop69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Burnet, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The feeling you get when you walk into a guest room at this quaint motel is retro north woods chic. Moose, ducks, pine trees, just adorable. The only thing lacking in the great décor is blackout curtains! The lights from the porch kept me awake nearly all night. I think they finally went out about 4 a.m. Very distracting when trying to get a good night's sleep. I enjoyed having a ceiling fan right over the bed.The room was spotless and the service very good, although a small mistake was made in my reservation. It amounted to nothing, and is scarcely worth mentioning. Larry was professionally friendly and knowledgeable about the area. I'd stay here again, if he'd put up blackout curtains and keep the smokers away from my open window. The behavior of these guests was completely uncalled for. They should have stepped away from my window, as soon as they noticed it was open - but, no.

Room Tip: If you are non-smoker, make sure your room isn't near the seating areas with ashtrays.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank WolfCreekGal
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We spent a enjoyable night there, clean with wifi thrown in! I didn't realize a kitchen was available so we made our on breakfast and played a game of pool before we left. A GREAT PLACE! Larry was a good source of information on the area and helped with planning our trip on the phone and once we got there. He made trip planning so much easier.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Was given a room that just had carpet shampooed that day, Larry said should be dry when we would return from cruise. Was not dry, not a good feeling walking on wet carpet. Office closed. No water out of shower. We like staying in mom & pop places, will pass on this one.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank nancy h
michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First time here and can't wait to come back!!! This is like the old quaint motels from the past. Our rooms were clean and cutely decorated with an up north feel. Great showers, clean affordable rooms and loved the big fan we could plug in and feel the cool fresh air through our screened in windows and door. Our family of four loved it here, 14 year old boy and twenty year old daughter. Game room at night for playing pool, never turned the tv on. Within walking distance to the lake and everything in Munising. Walked every night to dinner and to the bookstore/ cafe. Short driving distance to Pictured Rocks and Larry told us where to get Kayaks,GREAT EXPERIENCE, and the hikes to take in Pictured Rocks. Can't rave enough about this quaint, blast from the past, motel. Hope to make it back for fall colors. Larry is a great host and one can tell he puts his heart and soul into this place!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank turtleroom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The best part of the Terrace Motel is that it's located off the busy streets and is nestled in the Munising residential area. It's quiet and well-maintained. The rooms have a Northwoods theme and are clean and comfortable. The beds were firm, and I enjoyed my stay. One drawback: the room did have a slight odor of past travelers, which I admit that I may be overly sensitive to, but nonetheless, overall I would definitely recommend this motel when staying in Munising.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael M
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Clean and comfortable room, nice location off the busy route, but not to far to get somewhere. The room was excellent for the price. Larry offered a local map and suggested restaurants and things if needed. I would definitely stay there again. Felt like home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tamslo72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munising
Holiday Inn Express Munising -  Lakeview
Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Munising
Roam Inn
Roam Inn
#2 of 11 in Munising
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Munising
Pictured Rocks Inn & Suites
North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks

Been to Terrace Motel? Share your experiences!