“Warm and hospitable”
Review of Terrace Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Munising
Terrace Motel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Munising
New Haven, CT
“Warm and hospitable”
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We had a great experience at this cozy motel in Munising, thanks in large part to the very friendly owner. He was welcoming and accommodating, and full of tips on the Munising area and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. He seemed to know everything about the area and excited to share his love of the region with visitors.
The room was comfortable and warm, nicely decorated in local pine. The room was also one of the cheapest we've had along our cross-country road trip, and the wireless internet worked flawlessly. Oh yeah, and the motel has a sauna, a kitchen, and a game room too!

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BorisGr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We stayed one night at this older motel In Munising, MI before taking a cruise to view the Pictured Rocks National Lakefront (just beautifl, btw) on Lake Superior. The manager, Larry, was very helpful by marking all the local attractions and restaurants on a map. Our trip was the weekend before Memorial Day, so not in-season pricing. But we paid $40 for essentially a one-bedroom unit. It was an excellent value since we basically just slept overnight. Great Wifi. If you have the time, drive the 40 miles up to the university city of Marquette. It is lovely and Presque Isle park is worth the trip. Wonderful views of Lake Superior from Munising to Marquette!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RustyCarpenter
Caro
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Once again the Trip Advisor reviews didn't disappoint me. I was looking for an inexpensive yet clean place to stay on my way to pick my son up at college. Expecting Marquette to be packed I decided to try the Munising area and Trip Advisor reviews brought me to the Terrace Motel. I arrived at 10:20pm to find a sign saying the office closed at 10:00. Having a reservation I decided to ring the bell anyway. The new owner, Larry came to the door and greeted me warmly. He couldn't have been nicer and I'm sure this hospitality will bring him success.
The room was very clean and comfortable but a bit dated. For $40 plus tax I can see myself staying here again so it will be interesting to see what the new owner does to freshen up the rooms.
I am glad I had my Garmin to help find the place in the dark. Hopefully Larry can find a way to get a sign up on the main road. If you're passing through the Munising area and you don't want to pay for a pool you won't use consider The Terrace Motel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Dan54669
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munising
Holiday Inn Express Munising -  Lakeview
North Star Hotel – Pictured Rocks
Alger Falls Motel
Alger Falls Motel
#8 of 11 in Munising

Been to Terrace Motel? Share your experiences!