“Cedar Cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
River in front of the cottage for you to enjoy
Kitchen with all amenities including spices, cookware, dishes and coffee
Queen Pillowtop
36 in Shower Stall
River in front of the cottage for you to enjoy
Autrain Beach is 1.5 miles away and offers warm water to swim and Lake Superior to cool off!
Boat Available for rent, Canoe is included
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Belleville, Michigan
“Cedar Cottage”
Reviewed 23 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Loved it!We will be back. This cabin was just right for my husband and I. Cabin was very clean and had everything we needed. Cory was awesome and so helpful.

bklynKat
Brooklyn, NY
“Cozy, comfortable cottage, perfect for our getaway”
Reviewed 10 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

We loved our stay at Cory's cottage. It was perfect for two of us, and had more than we needed in terms of supplies in the kitchen (I was looking for a toaster and found an espresso machine, completely unexpected!) The cottage was clean and comfortable for us (including a comfy bed) as a home base to explore the UP. Also included was WiFi and a Roku TV with Netflix. It's a nice balance of being in the woods, but connecting to the world again if you want to.

The cottage is easy to find, and there is lots to do nearby. I loved the easy access to the river on the property, as well as the nearby beach at Lake Superior.

Cory was wonderful to answer my random questions throughout our stay.

Ciara J S
“Great getaway”
Reviewed 27 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

Over all it was a perfect place to stay for a getaway. The cabin had plenty of amenities. The broken sink was a bit of an annoyance and I'm glad we only had the two days to deal with it. Cory was very helpful with any questions. I would stay at these cabin again.

Snicky197...
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 11 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a getaway weekend of hiking at Pictured Rocks, and this was such a great, cozy spot to stay. While we were here in the fall, and it was a little too chilly to take advantage of the river, it is literally RIGHT on the river, and we're planning on coming back in the summer to do some paddling. Cottage is super clean, well supplied, and the owner/manager Corey is super friendly and gave us some great suggestions of things to do in the area. Would recommend this spot to anyone!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
peripatet...
Houston, Texas
“Nice cabin in a good area”
Reviewed 9 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed in the Robin's Nest cabin. It was large, comfortable, clean and well stocked with cooking utensils. This cabin has two bedrooms, one with bunk beds and one with a standard double bed. It is directly on the river. We brought our sea kayaks, the cabin is about 30 minutes from Minors Beach (the put in for kayaking Pictured Rocks). There is also a roadside park on Lake Superior just minutes away, we put in there for a nice paddle along the rocky coast then back along a very nice beach to where the Au Train river empties into the lake - we took a short paddle up the river and back to the lake. Munising is very close if you need supplies (try the fish stores right before town for fresh and smoked fish). There is also a coin laundry in town (don't use Google maps it will send you to a residential street). The laundry is behind Shooters Firehouse Brewpub.

Liked best: Location
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Perfection”
Reviewed 31 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

I was looking for a quiet location to disappear to with zero to little disturbance from anyone else, all while exploring (kayaking, hiking) the area. My eight-night stay in the Cedar Cottage was absolute perfection and I will be going back for years to come. In fact, I'm already planning my next trip.

Host Cory Cole was eager to answer all and any of my questions, ranging from simple to blunt because I knew exactly what I wanted out of the trip, from the time I was looking into coming (late March) until the last day of my stay. Not only did his warm personality and knowledge of the area make him an asset in helping me plan my stay and aid in my daily adventures, but part of what made the experience that incredible. Simply put, he's awesome.

Outside of bringing in my own groceries, the Cedar Cottage was equipped with everything I needed in the kitchen/living room, bedroom and bathroom. Each night I was out on the front porch grilling supper (gas grill provided) and lounging in a pillowed patio chair. The only sounds were that of nature...no music, no yelling children and the only road traffic was that of the nearby kayak pickups. The pillow-top queen bed was a dream to fall into at night after spending the day in the woods or on the water. It was comfortable and homey; it couldn't have been better.

The Cedar Cottage was less than 50 yards from the Au Train River, which allowed me to easily carry the kayak (rented from Cory) to the river's edge and venture out daily.

Go to Au Train River Cottages to disconnect from the world and embrace the opportunity to be immersed in a simplified lifestyle where LIVING is what matters.

Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Families with young children
kevinmd1
Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfect Little Cabin on the River”
Reviewed 6 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

This is the highlight of our 2-week Upper Peninsula Vacation. We stayed in the white loft cottage - If it were for sale and I lived closer I would be making an offer on this place!

It is a perfect size cabin for meal prep, sleeping, and showering. The view from the front porch is fabulous. Trees, a pretty river, friendly people, and kayakers/canoes.

The owner is very friendly and knowledgeable.

Liked best: The riverfront view
Liked least: The TV in the living room. What would we need that for???
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing