“Relaxed hostel with great and spacious chill-out area”
Review of Lazybones Hostal

Lazybones Hostal
Ranked #4 of 63 Speciality Lodging in Leon
“Relaxed hostel with great and spacious chill-out area”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

That's the perfect place to recover after some days of travelling. We spent entire days hanging at the pool area which is just awesome. The rooms are simply furnished and spotless clean. There is free coffee, but the breakfast - opposed to what the latest lonely planet says - is NOT included in the room price.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Juan del Sur, Rivas, Nicaragua
Reviewed 2 December 2011

clean, beautiful, great location, good staff, pretty quiet. i haven't had breakfast yet but i'm definitely staying another night

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I have been there twice and i think it is one of the really good hostal in Nicaragua. Close to everything: the best restaurants, the cathedral, tour operator, etc. The staff are really nice and always ready to help. There is a swimming pool, free internet, free tea and coffee and the rooms are nice and clean. I strongly recommend this hostal if you go to Leon.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Lazy Bones is a really nice hostel. Nice common rooms, with big fans and quiet atmosphere, so you can actually get some sleep. There is a pool to cool down and a kitchen that makes nice breakfast to start the day. The staff is very welcoming, and care about making Leon a nice experience. They have deals with tour guides as do almost all hostels, but here they do an extra effort in helping you, if you are looking for something uncommon or something simple not provided by the citys tour guides. I would definitly choose Lazy Bones, if I came back to visit Leon.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
maine
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I had the good fortune of staying here twice. I have traveled extensively throughout Europe and North America and have stayed in many hostels. Lazy Bones is by far my favorite.
If you want to relax after a day of volcano touring or site seeing in Leon, Lazy Bones is the place to be. Pull up a chair and have a Juice, Coffee or Toña beer (my favorite); soak up some rays and meet fellow travelers. They also provide a delicious breakfast service: fresh fruit salad or delicious Gallo Pinto to start your day.

When you set foot there for the first time you will see beautiful tree gardens with hammocks and an open sky roof. Walk a little further and you will find a self -serve coffee and tea stand. Walk even further and find the lounge area with a beautiful pool. It feels like being in a charming open sky café. If you happen to bring your laptop take advantage of the free Internet service or use their Internet post. The rooms are clean and the hostel provides cheap priced accommodation as well as choice: well kept dormitory, semi private rooms or private rooms.

What to say about the staff? They are friendly, warm and generous. Any time I needed information they went out of their way to accommodate me. They were always polite and friendly and made my stay superior to other hostels anywhere.

Just a short anecdote: One day, I was supposed to meet my friends at a specific address in Leon. I could not find it and went back to the Hostel to inquire. One staff member offered to walk me there.

On one hand I want to tell people about this gem on the other I catch myself wanting to keep it all to myself, like a best kept secret. I would strongly recommend staying at Lazy Bones Hostel if you plan a trip to Nicaragua. I know I will!!!

Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I had never heard of lazy bones and we ended up there because everywhere else was full. They welcomed us with open arms and treated us very well. We planned on staying 2 nights and ended up staying for a week! The staff and service was amazing. The facilities are great and the pool is the best I have seen in a hostel. The breakfast is delicious and the rooms are comfortable. The staff recommended excellent restaurants and bars. They even went out with us, and helped our spanish karaoke skills! I don't think they could be any more welcoming! I HIGHLY recommend Lazy Bones. BEST HOSTEL IN LEON! If you are reading this Yesenia, you are the best!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed 9 May 2011

A very nice place with a big bedroom, a comfortable bed, a very usefull swimming pool during those "caliente" days, free Internet and free coffee.
I am very surprise by some commentaries about the beds and the swimming pool, according to my own experience. Of course it is not a *** Hotel, but I was looking for a nice and cheap place, and I found it in the Lazybones

I spent many time in the hamock, in the swimming pool or speaking with the team. The new owner, Patrick, is very friendly and he worries about his employees, wich is not that usual in the country. It does not change anything for the tourists but I appreciate that too.
Easy to find activities around Leon and all around

I visited Nicaragua, I stayed il different places and the Lazybones is one off by best experiences.

Go there, try it, you will not be deceipted !

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs, in both part of the Hostel