“Still open?”
Review of Lazybones Hostal

Lazybones Hostal
Ranked #8 of 62 Speciality Lodging in Leon
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed at Lazybones and was very satisfied: nice, clean pool; simple, private room with bath for a decent price; good location, across the street from Mediterraneo, which is the best restaurant in town. I thought I had a rez for next week but suddenly their email and phone seem to be out of order. Anybody know if they've shut down?

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
lazyboneshostal, Propietario at Lazybones Hostal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

we are open
change our e-mail and our website

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Very relaxed feel, clean pool to cool down in and share beers whilst chatting to other guests. Stayed in August 2012 as tourists in late 30's, guests and staff very friendly. Quiet. Pool table, free internet and coffee. What's not to like?

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Lazy Bones Hostal July of 2012. She was there with her college's study abroad program, and I flew down to meet her for a long weekend. From the start Lazy Bones staff was very accommodating, switching room assignments around. The location was great, convenient to the center of Leon and the cathedral. Rooms were basic, but clean and bright. We loved the open courtyard with inviting hammocks and pool. The complimentary morning coffee and the inexpensive, traditional Nicaraguan breakfasts were great. And given that they recommend tourists not drink the tap water, we appreciated the ready supply of cold, reasonably priced bottled water. The staff was particularly helpful to people like me, that speak no Spanish what so ever. All in all, it was comfortable, clean, reasonably priced and had great local atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Located very centrally. Small pool for nice afternoon dip. Best night sleep of trip so far. Hostel is very basic but cosy, clean, and happy overall wit th 30usd we paid for double room. Can arrange tours but we used mas adventure, on corner just outside hostel. Very good day.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 9 September 2012

It's just part of the ambience...an air raid alarm sounds at 7am for about 45secs......nothing do to with the hostel...I spent 2 weeks here back in June of 2011 and it was wonderful.....staff were obliging and helpfull part of my morning ritual involves brewing up a little espresso pot of strong coffee...Nicaraguan or Costa Rican in Central America one is spoiled for choice...anyway the friendly kitchen staff would brew it up and bring it to my table along with my breakfast.....the pool was delightful...and made for a nice cool interlude...I had an upstairs room to myself and whilst the wooden walls give a modicum of privacy they do not always drown out the ardour of impassioned lovers or my own snoring (so I was told...that was before I started using a respirator)
The location was close enough to the centre a 5 min power walk or 10 minute stroll away...the place was pretty laidback and restfull and I will certainly plan to stay again!

Room Tip: There are rooms with air con and bathrooms/ dorms and rooms off an upstairs verandah....
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the dorm for 5 days, really enjoyed our time. The hostel is very clean, the dorm is reasonably roomy, though a little warm. The pool is a nice treat, especially with the crazy heat of Leon. The staff were quite friendly, we'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I went to Lazy Bones after spending 4 weeks in the great town of El Sauce, one and a half hours north of Leon, where the people are great and amazing, and I was looking for a relaxing, sort of pampering and cheap place to stay in Leon.
there are dorm rooms on the lower floor and single rooms above. The single room was wood floor, maybe a bamboo wall, and a fan. It was nice; note that you can hear everything going on in all single rooms as the walls were not "walls."
Amazing art on the walls.
An artist also made interesting Nicaragua and freedom themed shirts that were for sale.
The pool was clean and soooooo welcome. that felt like a resort. The inside courtyard was quiet from the city street.
Great staff.
Food can be had here too.
When I go to Leon again I will stay here.
If you're looking for a party atmosphere, there are other hostels in town. This one attracted a mellower but interesting crowd. I met a woman there writing in her diary about riding her bike all through central america.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep solo, the single rooms are your option. But they are sorta loud. The dorms were...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends