“My Second Home”
Review of Bigfoot Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leon
Bigfoot Hostel
Ranked #3 of 60 Speciality Lodging in Leon
Sydney, Australia
“My Second Home”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at this place more times than I can counts. Its up beat, fun and always has something going on. The staff with the previous owner wasn't that good but the current owners have this place rocking. They have AC dorms for 8 bucks which is the only hostel I found in Leon with AC.

Hi Jerome
Thank you for this amazing title "My Second Home". It makes us feel very special and very proud of our job. We do our best to give everyone new guests and for sure even more to our regular customer the best experience and I couldn't be happier to see your comment "The staff with the previous owner wasn't that good but the current owners have this place rocking."
Thank you once again Jerome and have a safe trip
Bigfoot Family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Jinotepe, Nicaragua
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Jeremy was absolutely GREAT! Best tour guide I've ever had. He was friendly and told us a lot of great facts about the volcano. If you book a tour with Big Foot, make sure to go on one with him! He kept us motivated and made us laugh he also took great pics :) it was a fun trip because of him.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Stephanie
Thank you for taking your time to write this great review. We are very pleased to hear that you had a great time Volcano Boarding with our amazing guide Jeremy.
Thank you once again and have a safe trip
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Really great hostel with awesome food! The bar staff with Nick, Mike, Antonius and the others were really friendly and frequently arrange parties (90s party was great!), also big thanks to the owners Cleo and Cadi!
They also of course do the volcano boarding where Jeremi was my guide, he was very enthusiastic and fun!

Hi Simon
Thank you for your great review. Its nice to hear when people have a great time with us. Thank you for mention our outstanding staff Nick, Mike, Antonio, our guide Jeremy and our lovely owners Cadi and Cleo. We are like a big family and we are glad to hear that you became one of us.
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Jeremy is awesome! Best tour guide i've had for a while! Speaks 3 languages, friendly and told us a lot of great facts about the volcano. If you book a tour with Big Foot, make sure to go on one with him!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Paul
Thank you for your review and for mention our amazing guide Jeremy. He is for sure a great guide full of knowledge.
Take care and have a safe trip
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great place! I recommand it for sure to any traveler who wants to meet great people and have some good time! The volcano was really great so do it for sure! The bigfoot hostel at the beach is great to!

• Stayed May 2014
Hi Louis
Thank you for you great review. We are very pleased to hear that you had a great time with Bigfoot Family. For sure people have to check it out our Bigfoot Beach House. Its our little brother beach front located in las Peñitas.
Thank you once again for your review Louis.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Nicaragua, when I first heard of this country's name, I was little worried that I am going to this place. Not much information about the country, the only thing I knew was volcano boarding, and its the poorest country in Central America.

However, Bigfoot Hostel changed my whole experience! The staff members at Bigfoot treat you like a family. When I walked in, they first asked for my name, and since then, they called me with my name. The staffs make, Im gunna say the best Mojito in town.The kitchen staffs are amazing at cooking (believe me and try Joe's Hot BBQ Pizza of theirs, or any pizza; its amazing!), and there are kind maintenance staffs and security guards who say hi to you whenever you walk in.

The volcano boarding is a blast. The guide, Jeremy, is full with energy and explains about the volcano so well. It is indeed intimidating at first to see the volcano, how high it is and when you go up, looking down the hill is frustrating. However, Jeremy makes the hike fun by using jokes, and he taught us how to control the board exactly so that I don't have to be worried about falling down.

I definitely recommend this place, a family-type hostel you can enjoy. Oh I forgot to mention, there are parties like every other day, so make sure you check it out!!

Room Tip: Choose the A/C room, makes your life so much easier.
Hi Yun
Thank you sooooo much for taking your time to write this amazing review. This is one of the best review I saw today. We feel like we have accomplished what we promise, FUN FOR EVERYONE!
Im so happy to hear that you and your family felt welcome and part of our huge family. Just one fact that might shock you is that Nicaragua is the second safest country in the Western Hemisphere after Canada. Nicaragua is a beautiful country that people are slowly discovering as they get more facts out there. Anyway we are very happy to hear about your experience with Bigfoot Family. Thank you for mention our great guide Jeremy and for sure he is full of energy and fun jokes that keep people relaxed while hiking one of the most active basaltic cinder cone volcanos in the world.
By the way Joe's Hot BBQ pizza is also one of my favorite pizzas.
Yun thank you once again for this amazing review. We couldn't be happier than receive a review like this. Its what make us work harder and harder to serve people like you.
Take care and have a safe trip
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Bigfoot hostel has an incredible atmosphere. There's always something going on, the rooms are great and the staff are very friendly.

Make sure you do the volcano boarding, Jeremy was an excellent guide

• Stayed May 2014
boliveir, Owner at Bigfoot Hostel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Hi Calum
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you had a great time in Bigfoot and thank you for recommending our Volcano Boarding.
Take care hope to see you again .