“I have slept very good”
Review of Hostal Casa Ivana

Hostal Casa Ivana
Ranked #4 of 66 Speciality Lodging in Leon
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The first day I have slept in a private room. The second day I have slept in a Dorm room. Both nights I slept very good. The beds and mattress are really good. Also the rooms are very clean. The Kitchen is great. Casa Ivana has a very nice staff. Ivonne, she is from Nicaragua has given me a lot of information about Nicaragua. One day I will come back in this hostel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed two night in this hostel and I really loved it. The owner and the personnel were so friendly. You really feel welcome. The rooms are simple, but very clean and have a nice size (not big, but not small either). The location is perfect, in a quiet street just 2 blocks from the cathedral. Restaurant, bars, shops and big supermarket are in walking distance. There is a big (very clean!) fully equiped kitchen. There is a communal area with lazy chairs, tables and hammock. They have a laundry service ($5 for a full load) and a washing sink where you can do your own laundry. Since I wanted a room with private bathroom, I checked online which hostels in León had private rooms and what their prices were. The ones with private rooms were all between $10 and $25 more expensive (some even with shared bathroom). So for me this was the best value for my money. When I come back to León I am certainly going to stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights in total (first for two nights and then for one night after returning from a beach trip to Las Peñitas). Peter and has staff are all very hospitable and made us feel very welcome. We stayed in room no.9 which was lovely, although we saw all of the rooms and they are all of a high standard with private bathroom. When we returned from Las Peñitas we thought we'd be staying in a more expensive room as no.9 was no longer available but to our surprise Peter had arranged for us to go back to our original room which was very considerate and helpful of him.

The communal areas are set around a lovely garden and are very peaceful. The kitchen is one of the best equipped kitchens we've seen at any hostel throughout our 8 months of travelling. Free, filtered coffee is available whenever you want it and fresh drinking water is also included in the price of your room.

Location is perfect - just one or two blocks from the main square but far enough away for it to be quiet at night.

We can't thank Peter enough for making our stay here so wonderful. 100% recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

For location it is hard to get much better than this in Leon. In a quiet part of town but only 2 minutes walk to the central plaza it is perfect.

There's very little traffic noise which seems to be a common feature of some other hostels here, and swinging in the hammock in the garden is very relaxing.

The rooms are all clean, spacious and comfortable (best room is room 8), the kitchen is handy and the wifi works well.

Pim is a really friendly guy and runs the place well.

Probably the best point off all for travellers on a budget is that the price for a double with private bathroom is surely the cheapest in town. Great place to stay.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We did not manage to get the first place we were looking for but this place had been recommended.
the owner was super helpful for us .
He arranged for our daughter to go volcano boarding and showed us a place in Leon that we were interested in.
His prices were super reasonable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed here for over 5 months, because I had my internship in León. The hotel is located just 2 blocks away from the central park, which makes it the perfect spot to stay. Although right in the center of León, Casa Ivana misses most of the chaos going on in the city. Lovely place if you look for a good quality, relaxed hotel. The family who owns it (a Dutch-Nica couple) is very friendly and always willing to help when this is needed. The offer free coffee and every rooms has its own bathroom with shower and toilet. I had a great stay here. I came here looking for a hotel which doesn't play loud music, and I found it. Thank you for the great experience Pim and Johanna! :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Casa Ivana for a week. Our room was great: bright and spotlessly clean. The hotel is quiet and secure, with great chill-out areas - and the location couldn't be better. We are a mature couple, traveling on a budget, and we found it to be excellent value.

• Stayed: February 2013