“Home away from home!”

and 1 more site!
Hostel El Albergue
Ranked #11 of 66 Speciality Lodging in Leon
Reviewed 3 February 2013

This hostel is simply the best! Clean rooms, lockers, good wifi (even in the room!), nice common areas and kitchen. People working there made our stay feel like home. Both guys helping at the front desk, were very knowledgeable about the area and very understanding of our need to use hostel facilities after check out.
In the mornings pancake mass was prepared for everyone's choice of pancakes or crepes. Coffee and tea all day. What else can you ask for? :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 7 nights. We liked the city and did some hikes on Volcanos around.
We stayed in the dorm, in the same bed, as the second person is half price (good deal!). We liked it.
They have coffee and pancake in the morning, a good wifi connection and nice people.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Being from Canada I spend my Qc. winters living in Costa Rica. Yeah I know . . . poor me ! So in respect of C.R.'s laws I have to get out every three months for 3 days so Nicaragua is quite close (3,5 hrs) from my town I go there. I have been to many cities in Nicaragua, so far through the years, but a few years ago I decided to go a little further in the country to a city by the name of Leon and I found an Albergue that was quite nice there. The city itself is a very charming one with all it's cathedrals,ruines and markets and it is quite safe. Of course just like in any other place you have to be careful but generally speaking it is safe.The staff of the Albergue were so nice to me, telling me about places to see and cool spots to just chill out . . . it was great. The only regret I have is that this last year I went again and they were fully booked. My mistake I did not check before. So it is a little far into the country from the Costarican border but defenitely worth it. Have fun !

Room Tip: There are private rooms for just a little more $ than the dorms. Good choice for a couple.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2012

There's a great atmosphere at El Albergue. It's close to the center, the staff are really friendly, the rooms are really good value, and the garden's a great place to relax. They also put on a really interesting film night while we were there, with a documentary about the revolution. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, and they were very helpful! Kitchen and internet access are great to have too.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This hostel is clean, reasonable price and ppl here is really chilling and nice.

They have a campaign for dorms, staying dorms for 2 days and you can get FREE 1 NIGHT on july 2012. I'm sure it's cheapest you can get in this town ($4.7 pe night)

What they have...$7 dorms per night, free wifi and laptop, pancake and coffe breakfast, large kitchen and hammock, cheap shuttle buses to Guatemala and Honduras (around $30) and different activities like volcano tours.
Location is also nice, there are biggest market in Leon in few blocks and bus stop is right there.

日本人の方へ!
big footとか底抜けに明るいサーファーの塊みたいな宿にいると疲れちゃうよーもっとのんびり落ちつきたいわっていう方におすすめです。ボブマーリーみたいな顔の宿のお兄さんは英語喋りますし、中々良いキャラをしたアルパカみたいな人なので、是非会いに行って下さい。

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2012

El Albergue is a great, "tranquilo" place to be while staying in Leon. It is cheap, with basic rooms, internet, a good location and friendly staff. I recommend it for those of you who want to relax meet a few good people rather than party. The hammock is a nice place to swing, chat and read.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo