“One of our favorite breakfasts in Nicaragua!”
Review of El Desayunazo

El Desayunazo
Ranked #11 of 100 Restaurants in Leon
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We loved this place and would have come again but it just wasn't convenient from our hotel. This is definitely not a place to go for typical Nicaraguan food but if you want pancakes and waffles it is THE place to go. Two of us ordered fruit pancakes/waffles and the fruit came sliced on top and not cooked into the batter but that didn't diminish our enjoyment one bit. The service was incredibly fast, the food was excellent and the casual atmosphere was inviting and relaxing. They were showing CNN with Spanish-speaking commentators on the mounted TVs so we even got to get caught up just a bit on news from "back home" in the U.S.

There are newer reviews for El Desayunazo

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This place is great. Nice ambience, really friendly staff, excellent breakfasts and large portions. Bottomless coffee and good wifi.

Breakfast only, open 6-12.

Genuine, warm, totally unpretentious. Just like Leon!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This place is delicious! They have a better English breakfast then I've ever had in Canada. Service was fast. Overal no complaints! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I had been in Leon for a week and I was looking forward to a great typical Nicaraguan breakfast.
I went in and placed my order with the cute waiter. I ordered Huevos rancheros. Literally, 2 minutes later my food came out. 1 small Plaintain, some cold gallo pinto, 2 eggs and red salsa on top. I was so hungry and I had to go to the church to work.
I just started eating it cold and I told them. They did not care at all rather they were laughing about it. It was so funny to them that a tourist was not enjoying her food. That's horrible service. Then I asked for one more Plaintain because they gave me 1 and he charged me for it after my food was horrible and cold.
There are such better places to eat in Leon- amazing breakfast with big portions for half the price.
This just another tourist place that people go to because they don't know Better places and better good.
Go eat local and avoid this place.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I ate here several days. Loved the blueberry pancakes! They came as a large 3 - stack for $3 USD. On a different day I ordered the traditional American breakfast. It was more like a Trucker ' s breakfast as it came with 2 eggs, 2 hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, AND ham, along with toast. I assumed it would be one meat but came with all three. The plate was overflowing. I felt my arteries tightening just by looking at the plate. Quick service and it was always busy of both foreigners and locals.

1  Thank XelaChivo