“Great atmosphere and coffee”
Review of Pan & Paz

Pan & Paz
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Leon
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Classic French boulangerie and patisserie located in the historic center of León. All products are made fresh every day by our own team of bakers. A fresh and tranquil patio where you can escape from León's heat. Enjoy your coffee and croissant in the morning, a fresh juice and sandwich, quiche or salad for lunch, or indulge in a coffee and pastry to satisfy your sweet tooth. Relaxed atmosphere at night for a light diner or to savor our selection of cheeses, cold cuts and (French) wines.
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This place is a great space for students to work, to write, to share croissant coffee with a friend. It's nice that there are both locals and tourists present. It's quite cute and charming with a nice staff. Although, they need to pick one genre of music as they are all over the place. They should stick to a couple types like French, Spanish, some light jazz and old classics that would suffice. It would boost the atmosphere up a couple knotches.

As for pastries, the pain and raisin was a bit disappointing and im not comparing it to a French or New York bakery. Maybe I should have ordered the chocolate croissant. But the coffee is great and the cheese plate looks awesome.
Would definitely come back and try something new like a sandwich or find someone to share a cheese plate with me:)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This place has some very tasty pastries and some very good coffee. There is a nice relaxing courtyard to sit and talk, or read or do your homework for your Spanish class. Everyone who works here is very friendly.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

this is my favorite bakery anywhere in the world!! I recommend it to anyone looking for a good coffee, sandwich, and especially the most delicious chocolate croissants!

1  Thank taharris01
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The chocolate croissant here is to die for, especially since they make it fresh every day. It is my guilty pleasure.

Unfortunately, if you are American, you should be prepared for some culture shock as customer service in Central America is quite different. For example, a fly few into my white wine shortly after it was placed on my table. I notified the owner to inquire about their policy on this. Since this was a foreign owned bakery, I wanted to remain open-minded about their customer service. The response which I received was a little mocking: "Of course you still have to pay for your wine because I cannot control the flies in our restaurant." This was followed by a few open laughters from the owner and customers. I guess I was making a ridiculous assumption to ask what their policy was. Obviously there is no right or wrong here. It is only because I am used to a certain kind of mentality in America when it comes to customer service and to expect it to be the same in any other country besides the United States is to be extremely short sighted. Hence why I bothered to even ask.

To mock me for an attempt to even ask, though, is pretty short sighted as well.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite coffee restaurant in Leon so far. Nice bread and o.k. croissants, free wi-fi. They only serve espressos and brewed coffee with milk (café au lait)No espresso drinks like capuccinos, or lates. Lovely patio and nice and relaxed atmosphere. The espresso was delicious and the bread with butter and guava jam was simple yet delicious. Coffee is good, reminds me of peet's coffee. Service is slow but it's Nicaragua. I recommend the Mango juice. Croissants need work and the pastry chef needs to learn how to make them flaky, crunchy and buttery in humid weather. Get the recipe from the Santa Clara hotel in Cartagena. Overall, delicious.

1  Thank Marco R