“Excellent!”
Review of La Isla Foundation

La Isla Foundation
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Leon on our day trips and see some of the untouched corners of this gorgeous country on one of our tours. Learn Spanish and salsa, practice yoga, relax in our guesthouse and even volunteer with La Isla Foundation.Taking part in these activities supports our work ending a preventable public health epidemic; the profits support La Isla Foundation’s public health research, community education, human rights initiatives, and media production. By traveling, learning and and/or volunteering with us you are part of the solution for ending the epidemic of Chronic Kidney Disease of unknown cause (CKDu). Our guesthouse offers private or double rooms with private bathrooms as well as dormitories. All rooms have full access to the kitchen, pool, wi-fi, hammocks, places to relax, garden, and workout equipment. We are the alternative to Leon’s party hostels. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information!
Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed for two weeks in Leon, one week in the 'office' of the Isla Fundacion and one week in the 'casa'. Besides, we had a two weeks Spanish course. We had a great stay, felt very welcome and it didnt cost that much! I would definately recommend the isla fundacion!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tjitte V

San Pedro Sula, Honduras
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“From Salsa to Spanish, La Isla has it all!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Hands down best Salsa lessons in town. Great organization, great cause, great work, great people, great accommodations. I can't imagine a better situation for compassionate travelers on a budget.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank JeffreyDonaldNelson
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Salsa lessons”
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Great salsa lessons with Jose! My boyfriend and I took two 2 hour private sessions with the foundation. It was fun and the instructions were great! Pricing was very reasonable!

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Incredible organization”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My partner and I took at tour out to the community of La Isla which included an incredible lunch made by a woman in the community and presentation by one of the staff members. We were so humbled by everyone we met associated with La Isla Foundation from their dedication to their enthusiasm to share their work. We definitely plan on going back and volunteering in the future. Also, we spent the night in one of the rooms they rent in their building. The room was very clean and comfortable. HIGHLY RECOMMEND making La Isla Foundation part of anyone's trip (short term or long term) to Leon!!

Visited December 2012
León, Leon, Nicaragua
“Oye”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

What a great place this is. I have taken spanish classes here and I am proud to say my spanish has improved thanks to Professor Angel. He is, for lack of better words, "the man". He has been patient with me and taught me the important steps to learning the language. I can see from spending time in the office that La Isla provides a comfortable environment, and I enjoyed my time here.

Visited October 2012